Seat Suspension - CCS - Will this fit?

Let us know what you think. I've been trying to decide which one to get and haven't been able to pull the trigger.

Heya will do! I ordered one and it is due to arrive tomorrow, so I should be able to report back on it this week sometime...

some are determined for certain weights and are graduated with an Allen key at the base to make them harder or softer, others are clearly hydraulic and very expensive. If you see that your seat is damaged, change it to one adapted to the hip size with more gel and wears shorts with more gel.

make sure of the size of diameter because in haibike for example it is 31.6 mm

seat hip and gel

shorts more gel

suntour ncx

Let us know what you think. I've been trying to decide which one to get and haven't been able to pull the trigger.

I've had mine almost since I got my CC back in Spring 2016. It's a great value & functional suspension seatpost compared to some of the other offerings.. The only thing I don't care for is that I've been trying to get replacement bushings/pins for over a year from Suntour & they seem to have a problem acquiring these.

This pic is actually from Nov 2016. The bushings luckily haven't worn down to the aluminum linkages to this point, but I'm sure there is some performance lost from this. Keep it oiled regularly & get the neoprene cover for it.

sr_ncx_suspension_seatpost_worn_bushings.jpg

FMG III, great review! Thanks! I, too, have the NCX for these past two months. Mine did not include the neoprene boot that yours came with. Run naked, these things are bound to wear faster as invisible road grit gets rubbed into the bushings.

Having no neoprene boot, I wrap mine in black Ace-like elastic bandage material, the self-clingy stuff. I unwrap monthly or more often and apply a drop of light oil to each bushing.

Have found that despite my 170 lbs, the supplied spring is too strong for the optimal body float. Its rate is too high. So, I ordered the "soft" alternative spring from Suntour USA.

The best performance (and it is cushy!) is to adjust for a fair bit of steady state sag. Starting from fair amount of sag, bounce up and down on the saddle to test: if the travel does not bottom out hard, your adjustment may be optimal.

I find the NXC very satisfactory. Yet am puzzled that the stock spring, supposed to be ideal for my body weight, was acutally too strong to allow a free and easy float.

Thanks again for your excellent review work, FMG III. Looking forward to your next review!

Last edited:
Back