Santa will arrive tomorrow for me: XDURO AllMtn 7.0!

Cuajinais

Finally! After many hours of research and very few test rides, tomorrow is the day! I used to ride downhill trails 15 years ago and now I'm finally getting back into it. Only this time, the uphill portion will not be nearly as excruciating. Actually back then most of the time we took two cars and only rode the downhill portion anyway. It was always about the thrill, not the exercise for me and my buds. Exercise was just a positive a side-effect of the fun.

Back in the day we all rode hard tails with 26" wheels and made the best of it. I can't imagine what I'll be able to ride down on this full-suspension, 150mm-travel, plus-size-tire, dropper-seat monster! Now my worry is not getting in over my head on the trails! (I'm 39 and have a wife and 2 boys to look after, hehe).

I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve. Cheers!

Does it look like this?
Haibike_2017_XDURO_AllMtn_70_lime.png

Definitely, Cuajinais, great bike! Enjoy and write about your adventures & send pictures :)

Very sweet! I had one of those on order with Joe @ Motostrano but changed at the last minute to a leftover Bulls Enduro FS with the Brose motor. Looking forward to your ride report!

Well I took out her out for the first run today. When I got to the shop I couldn't believe just how beautiful this thing looked. It's a very expensive machine, but it certainly looks the part. I feel the photos don't do it justice. It was better than I expected. It was also a lot lighter than I expected. I say that because last week I did a short test ride on a Focus mountain bike. That one was heavier and the weight was towards the back, not in the center like this Haibike. Carrying the Focus up the stairs was a chore. This Haibike is lighter and better balanced, and is a considerably larger than the Focus. I got the XL 54cm. But to be fair that Focus had a battery pack twice the size of the one on mine so it must have had a lot more capacity.

Anyway I went to a small park that has small mountain bike loops with jumps and everything. Had a blast. Managed to fall too. I got cocky and attempted to climb one of those steep wood plank drops which are intended for drops only. I didn't make it to the top and had to bail out to the ground. No biggie but that was very stupid on my part. Dropper post is awesome and makes steep descents more comfortable and confident. I'd go as far as to say that a dropper post may be more important in some cases than the rear suspension. So anyway this is my first day and already the eBike accomplished its promise:

I was riding a nice loop with a Dad and his two sons. For every loop they did I did two, passing them leisurely on the uphill. After 5 or 6 loops the were tired and had to rest while I continued to have fun on the loop. In terms of time I exercised for more time. We'll never know who burned more calories, but we sure as hell know who had more fun. And fun is what keeps you coming back.

Plan is to drive to Dupont State park tomorrow and be home in time to see the Falcons kick the Patriots' butt.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1067.JPG
    IMG_1067.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,230
  • IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 900
They always look better in person!

I've got to say, I think it is a little crazy trusting the new bike to a trunk rack! Have you looked into installing a hitch and using a hitch rack or going with a roof rack?

I just took my first ride after installing a dropper on my bulls, it is super nice to have! What dropper does haibike have on the bike?

That will be a sweet ride, does it have the New 500wh battery too?
Yes. It is 500wh.
They always look better in person!

I've got to say, I think it is a little crazy trusting the new bike to a trunk rack! Have you looked into installing a hitch and using a hitch rack or going with a roof rack?

I just took my first ride after installing a dropper on my bulls, it is super nice to have! What dropper does haibike have on the bike?
I got this trunk rack on Craig's List for $50. The way I see it is all the money I saved from hitch/rack went towards a great full face helmet, a great camelback, bike shorts, gloves, jersey, tubeless setup (soon), tools etc. I'm starting from zero. Of course I did test it by applying a lot of force in all directions prior to trusting my bike to it. It is rated for two 35lb bikes. Mine should be around 47 lbs without the battery and I'm only carrying one. And I'm using the spot nearest to the car so the rack sees less lever force. So far so good.

Per the spec the dropper is:
  • XLC AllMtn, Remote, telescope, 31.6mm

Last edited:
Lovely bike. The rack you bought is a bargain. I have the Thule version and it cost about £150 in UK (200 dollars).

Enjoy the bike!

Cuajinais - I test rode the same bike on some good single track and it's awesome! I'm going to buy this or the Trek Powerfly FS8 and was wondering if your Haibike makes a grinding/rubbing noise from the top sprocket - it's not super loud but it was noticeable.

Also, can you share what size frame you have and your height?

Thanks!

Cuajinais - I test rode the same bike on some good single track and it's awesome! I'm going to buy this or the Trek Powerfly FS8 and was wondering if your Haibike makes a grinding/rubbing noise from the top sprocket - it's not super loud but it was noticeable.

Also, can you share what size frame you have and your height?

Thanks!
For all intents and purposes I'm a total newbie, so I doubt I'll be much help. The bike did make a sound originally which I was unable to diagnose. The shop owner that sold it to me thought it was one of the cables. I zip tied it but the sound continued. But now that noise is gone. Don't know why. Now I've started to hear the load sound of one rotor resonating. But last ride it did not happen. So far I've had issues on both brakes, the rear brake stopped working properly. I sanded the pads and re-installed them. Still didn't work. But because I'm a newbie I did not do the proper coming to a complete stop 30 times. Instead I installed new pads in the rear and because they also seemed not to work, it finally occurred to me to do the "coming to a stop 30 times". Then the rear brake worked perfectly. So probably the original pads would have worked after the sanding if I had done the 30 stops. Now the front brake got squishy so I bled it with the shop owner. It worked but quickly became squishy again (too much travel on the lever). Since I'm a newbie, I don't know if it is simply that I've worn the pad and so bleeding didn't help because the pads are worn. I will probably take it to the shop again on Saturday.

The thing is, I mostly ride downhill technical terrain so who knows, maybe I wore the pads quickly? Anyway bottom line is this:

This bike has needed more tinkering than I had expected. I mean, I expected to have to do all these things, but just a little further down the stretch. I don't know if I had bad luck or if that expectation stems from newbie ignorance. Having said that, I freaking LOVE this bike!!! I'm glad I bought it locally because though I'm very handy with tools, I had zero experience with bikes. Also, I have not had to pay a single dime for the services (or the new pads), everything has been worked under warranty. Now at this point I feel super comfortable tinkering with the bike. I think the only things I dare not touch are the derailleur adjustments and the Bosch motor.

I have the 54 cm frame and am 6'7" tall. The large frame was part of the reason I went with this bike. It works for me, but I would 100% not trust my opinion since I have no basis of what a comfortable bike feels like and I don't ride long distances. I just go downhill and use the turbo assist mode to get me back up as quickly as possible. Then repeat. Having a ball on this beast!

Good luck on your decision and let us know what you decide.

Back