Saddle

I was able to get my bike out yesterday for the first time with the Ergon ST Core Prime saddle and so far it looks like a winner. I first rode it around the neighborhood wearing street clothes and found it to be way better than the stock saddle. I would only be riding this way for short distances anyway -- a mile or two at the most for errands, etc.

Later I rode 25 miles in low-level bike shorts: baggy MTB-style shorts with a separate liner with a basic pad. This worked out well, but there's really no seat made that will seem to totally "disappear" for me. But again, better than OEM and quite suitable for the length of the rides I'll typically be doing.

The final test will be with a pair of my bib shorts with the all-day road chamois that I expect will be totally plush. But that will be another day. For now, it's not worth the time or hassle to try another saddle and I'm satisfied with the Ergon.

2020-05-23 12.57.45.jpg

2020-05-23 12.58.15.jpg

I was able to get my bike out yesterday for the first time with the Ergon ST Core Prime saddle and so far it looks like a winner. I first rode it around the neighborhood wearing street clothes and found it to be way better than the stock saddle. I would only be riding this way for short distances anyway -- a mile or two at the most for errands, etc.

Later I rode 25 miles in low-level bike shorts: baggy MTB-style shorts with a separate liner with a basic pad. This worked out well, but there's really no seat made that will seem to totally "disappear" for me. But again, better than OEM and quite suitable for the length of the rides I'll typically be doing.

The final test will be with a pair of my bib shorts with the all-day road chamois that I expect will be totally plush. But that will be another day. For now, it's not worth the time or hassle to try another saddle and I'm satisfied with the Ergon.

View attachment 53255

View attachment 53258
...and it complements your bike color!

Here is the "Saddle Selector" in the top-right corner:

Thanks @Stefan Mikes I used this selector. I was doing it kind of blindly. It shows I am borderline small/medium and medium/large.
I ordered larger size. Got it today. Felt a bit pressure on my inter thighs close to the seat bone. I think this tells me it is a bit too big for me.
will be trying the smaller size.
I was reading the reviews and someone said after 30km or so the softness of the saddle turns into harder feel and was complaining about numbness.
anyone has experienced this?

I was reading the reviews and someone said after 30km or so the softness of the saddle turns into harder feel and was complaining about numbness.
anyone has experienced this?
Had no chance yet. I've been riding the Trance E+ with Selle Royal eZone for the last couple of days. (Good saddle but not perfect). Now, it is the time to ride the Vado with the Ergon saddle!

Wonder what would happen if you took a big cruiser saddle, took out the stuffing from the rear, inserted two softball sized rubber balls that had the hole so they could be aired up or down with a needle and tire pump, inserted them into the seat and adjusted air pressure so you would be riding on a cushion of air. Kind of an air-it-up saddle.

Has anyone made such a saddle?

Seems like s good idea. Wonder how well it works, or how long a $30 saddle will last.

hard to pass up Italian leather:).

I have used this for a seat cushion. Very comfortable and breaths well, and there are different thicknesses available. Think would make a great bike seat if it wasn’t so bulky.

Last edited:
Bog Saddle
That brand name wouldn’t attract everybody in Sweden.
Bög is a Swedish word for gay or perhaps more like fag. It’s not a unique situation with a product name that is more or less impossible in certain countries. I don’t have any example but I recall reading about car models that absolutely needed new names for different market.

Yesterday I installed a Brooks Cambium C17 Carved. It was raining when I went for a test ride and my impressions from first ride are positive but I only rode 5 miles as my hand were cold in the rain.
Not sure I will have time for riding today but I will report later. I also intend to install a Redshift ShockStop seat post.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I rode my Vado with the Ergon ST Core Prime saddle today. Delightful! The first saddle ever that fits my bottom completely!
Assume you bought the large size. I will have my medium next week. Went out on the large Ergon yesterday. Agree very comfortable. Specially combined with Kinekt 2 suspension seat post. Much less vibration when compared with front handlebar with suspension fork.

Back