Saddle

I did feel all the bumps specially last few miles...
What was the pressure in your tyres? I got the advice from Forum members to set the tyre pressure halfway between the allowed minimum and maximum. It helped even further to reduce the vibrations on my rides!

Looks like the Seller Royal Respiro Moderate is the winner for me. One reason I'm glad of this is that I have the same saddle in Athletic on my drop bar bike. Lots of people may not know this, but the logo label on the back of the seat hides a special slot intended for mounting a seat bag or other accessory, and an outfit called BUP Labs makes some adapters for it for mounting things like lights, GoPro, etc. I use such a mount to install my Garmin Varia taillight & radar device, which is outstanding when riding on a road. Especially if I end up removing the rear fender, I'll be glad to have the Varia back there.
2019-09-17 10.39.59.jpg
2019-09-17 10.42.56.jpg

What was the pressure in your tyres? I got the advice from Forum members to set the tyre pressure halfway between the allowed minimum and maximum. It helped even further to reduce the vibrations on my rides!
I use 55psi rear and 50psi front per Schwalbe rep recommendation for Marathon E+

Last edited:
Looks like the Seller Royal Respiro Moderate is the winner for me. One reason I'm glad of this is that I have the same saddle in Athletic on my drop bar bike. Lots of people may not know this, but the logo label on the back of the seat hides a special slot intended for mounting a seat bag or other accessory, and an outfit called BUP Labs makes some adapters for it for mounting things like lights, GoPro, etc. I use such a mount to install my Garmin Varia taillight & radar device, which is outstanding when riding on a road. Especially if I end up removing the rear fender, I'll be glad to have the Varia back there.View attachment 54687View attachment 54688
@rockrunner what is the purpose of the bulk in front of saddle.
How did this win?
Could you please elaborate?
Compared to Ergon?

I use 55psi rear and 50psi front per Shwable rep recommendation for Marathon E+
It's OK. My brother riding 40-622 Marathon E+ found the optimum pressure to be 65 psi, and the maximum pressure for these tyres is 80 psi. He weighs 152 lbs.

@rockrunner what is the purpose of the bulk in front of saddle.
How did this win?
Could you please elaborate?
Compared to Ergon?
I don't notice the "bulk" when I'm on it. No elaboration -- it's just more comfortable for me, and that's about all I can say.

I've tried way too many saddles. Nothing has proven more comfortable over time than my Selle Anatomica H2View attachment 50111
I second the Selle Anatomica H2. I had one on my 2019 Vado and it was incredibly comfortable from Day 1. I've ordered another one for my new SL, too. It's moderately expensive, but it is a leather saddle and the leather is of excellent quality. Plus, right now, they're offering 25% off with a code on the homepage. Win-win.

The R&M Homage shown above with the tan H2 is a relatively upright bike and that saddle matches up very nicely for me on that bike. The various saddle series from Selle Anatomica are based on weight so make sure you get the one rated for your weight. The R2 is rubber not leather so is good for wet conditions but it is thick and less compliant than the leather. I have both but prefer the leather for comfort.

The tan saddle in the pic you posted actually appears to be a Selle Anatomica H1, rather than an H2. Similar performance and comfort with a different frame design and fixed, rather than user-changeable leather covering.

Really nice setup overall, regardless.

A
The tan saddle in the pic you posted actually appears to be a Selle Anatomica H1, rather than an H2. Similar performance and comfort with a different frame design and fixed, rather than user-changeable leather covering.

Really nice setup overall, regardless.
I stand corrected. You are absolutely correct. I have the H2 on my Delight. The H1 has the leather riveted to the black steel frame with chromaloy rails, whereas the H2 has a cast aluminum frame with stainless rails and the leather has Chicago bolts and nuts for attachments allowing for a user swap out for new leather as needed.

A

I stand corrected. You are absolutely correct. I have the H2 on my Delight. The H1 has the leather riveted to the black steel frame with chromaloy rails, whereas the H2 has a cast aluminum frame with stainless rails and the leather has Chicago bolts and nuts for attachments allowing for a user swap out for new leather as needed.

I have an H2 on order now for my recently purchased Vado SL 4.0. My previous ride, a regular Vado 4.0 was stolen... along with the H2 mounted on it.

I love the new SL, but its relatively hard saddle makes me eager for the new H2's arrival.

I have an H2 on order now for my recently purchased Vado SL 4.0. My previous ride, a regular Vado 4.0 was stolen... along with the H2 mounted on it.

I love the new SL, but its relatively hard saddle makes me eager for the new H2's arrival.
Which saddle does ado SL 4.0 has?

SL has: Bridge Sport, Steel rails, 155mm.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but the Canopy Sport on the regular Vado was much more comfortable than this one. The Bridge Sport feels hard by comparison. Neither held a candle to the Selle Anatomica, though.
I'm happy with the Canopy Sport on my Vado. This is probably the only bike where I haven't changed the saddle...😀

I was pretty happy with mine, too. I changed it mostly to customize the look.

The change on the SL is motivated by comfort, though.
Canopy Sport (and Canopy Comp) is a level 5 padding which is the softest they make and anything equal to that is their BG Comfort Gel but it is much wider and bulkier I think 180mm vs 153mm.
Canopy is not listed in Specialized site any longer.

One of the Forum members had noticed in one of earlier post it often was not the saddle that was uncomfortable but the saddle fit was wrong. How true.

I was constantly experimenting with the Selle Royal eZone saddle. I thought it was a waste of money. How wrong. After moving the saddle more forward and lowering the saddle's nose downwards a little bit, I have found the saddle I despised before turned out to be as comfortable as a custom-made horse saddle. No more stress in the perineal area, no pressure on the buttocks... Tested on a 46 km off-road ride. Of course, the full suspension of the bike contributes to the comfort but the same saddle (but wrongly fitted) on the same bike was a pita before.

1591972986413.png

Based on info in this thread I took advantage Selle Anotomica's spring sale and bought a new leather saddle for my Vado 4. In this Covid-19 stay at home every day era, I'm strive to ride 15-35 miles a day never taking a day off. My bike is keeping me sane. I'll admit I was a little nervous to switch anything up on my Vado, so I didn't install the new saddle for a couple of weeks. Today I installed it and took it for an easy 15 mile ride. I probably stopped about 10 times tweaking and adjusting it in every direction, but eventually I got to where I'm very happy with it. It's definitely more comfortable than the stock Vado 4 saddle. I'm looking forward to a longer ride and seeing how comfortable it really is.

Back