Rockstar owners

The Archon X1 controller looks very nice, but the price tag is quite steep for the controller -- $800 for 1000watt

No it appears there was an additional delay for the Rockstar that has no affected the LX and Cruiser which have been confirmed twice by Sondors as being at port and readied for final shipping to customers.

The Bafang is not being "detuned" to 750watts. Bafang offers a 750watt version of the Ultra motor. The tuning of PAS is what is completely custom to the Elite bikes. Sondors worked directly with Bafang on programming for a more refined

No it appears there was an additional delay for the Rockstar that has no affected the LX and Cruiser which have been confirmed twice by Sondors as being at port and readied for final shipping to customers.

The Bafang is not being "detuned" to 750watts. Bafang offers a 750watt version of the Ultra motor. The tuning of PAS is what is completely custom to the Elite bikes. Sondors worked directly with Bafang on programming for a more refined ride.
I have sent an email to Sonders asking them about the delay of the Rockstar, I'm hoping to get a reply early next week.

The Bafang is not being "detuned" to 750watts. Bafang offers a 750watt version of the Ultra motor. The tuning of PAS is what is completely custom to the Elite bikes. Sondors worked directly with Bafang on programming for a more refined ride.
I

If Sondors didn't have a track record I would be getting nervous.

I have no idea when I might receive my [PAID FOR] batch 2 Rockstar.

We were told we would be receiving weekly updates/info on our undelivered bikes
but even that seems to much to ask for?

Come on Sondors get your [stuff together] communicate!

Last edited:
Rockstar pre-orderer for Feb delivery here too.

Stupid question. Anyone know why they insist on full payment before shipping? I could see a hefty deposit and the balance due at shipping. Do you think the factory requires upfront payments before building batches? In my personal industry IT, factories invoice when they are shipped.

Just curious as to why they need all this cash outlay prior to shipping anything. Makes me nervous too. They could fold and not pay any of the money back..

Rockstar pre-orderer for Feb delivery here too.

Stupid question. Anyone know why they insist on full payment before shipping? I could see a hefty deposit and the balance due at shipping. Do you think the factory requires upfront payments before building batches? In my personal industry IT, factories invoice when they are shipped.

Just curious as to why they need all this cash outlay prior to shipping anything. Makes me nervous too. They could fold and not pay any of the money back..
I just want to know what is going on, I haven't got any information yet.

Seems like it is out of Sondors hands, sitting on the water waiting..........COVID slows everything down, I see it in my industry all the time, I am dealing with vendors all over North America and they have people calling in sick all the time COVID or not, they can't come to work. This is causing crazy backlogs in the supply chain. One entire compressor factory shut down last month, the entire staff either got Covid or had to self quarantine. Imagine production wiped out for a whole month. If the receiving docks have people calling in sick like the rest of the industry, be prepared to wait even longer.

I can understand that, if they are just sitting there close than it's only going to be a short time before they will be processed and shipped.

What about ASI BAC 800?
(I believe this is what Grin Phaserunner is based on)

It's $50
36V-72V
2000W-4000W

Luna's website says it can be programmed to run BBSHD, but I wonder if Luna would program it for Ultra.
(though, Ultra might run fine with BBSHD programming?)

Thanks for the idea Timpo. I believe that the Bafang Ultra controller is integrated in the motor, though, and thus you'd have to change it out, right? I have little experience in this domain.

I feel for all those waiting..... it isn't SONDORS fault.

"The Los Angeles Times reported that nearly 700 dockworkers at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach have contracted COVID-19, and hundreds more have had to take virus-related leave, creating the potential for a debilitating slowdown. As of Jan. 20, a total of 45 ships were waiting to unload—the largest bottleneck in six years."

Since it appears Sondors is no longer sending out emails on "Elite Fridays" I figured I'd posts this here. They post a lot of videos on Vimeo I found this one today.

Also I noticed that they are now showing a LX assembly video in which many of
Parts are going to be the same as well as the sequence in which it's being put together. This has to mean that we are going to be getting feedback on the first Elite series bikes very soon.

The LX is out there. These pics were posted in Sondors Owners Group on FB

1612060983245.png

1612061086457.png

1612061111413.png

Cruisers coming in 3 weeks, with ugly black rims instead of the gold rims that they showed months back, very disappointing!!!!!

Back