Rockstar owners

Received this today... I have a Feb (original ship date) pre-order.. and am going to request a refund. They have had my money since Oct and have given me nothing (except their $50 Gift Card) for the use of my capital for 7 months. They have yet to deliver 1 of the Rockstars, they could easily fold and screw everyone that handed over $ to them. What happens when they miss the May commitment too?

Im curious what the first batch (Oct delivery) was pushed back to.

Hi Ryan,
We're writing you today to keep you up to date on the delivery estimate of your SONDORS Rockstar.
We've been unable to avoid the severe impact COVID-19 is having on the global shipping industry, as well as the unprecedented congestion issue at the Port of Los Angeles (read about it here).
And with the extreme, worldwide demand for high-end bike components, (read about it here) we're experiencing significant slowdowns within our supply chain. However, we're still finding ways to get everything required to finish your Rockstar...we're just needing more time to do it.
That said, everything is taking much longer than usual, and we're having to update the shipping estimate of your SONDORS Rockstar from the end of February to the end of May.
We understand this is a substantial delay, it is highly disappointing to all of us, and we are very sorry about that.
However the good news is since you already have your Rockstar on order, you won't be left empty handed if the issue worsens and electric bikes become even more difficult to obtain after June 2021.
As part of our apology for the setbacks, we will be sending you an electronic $50 gift card via email to use toward any purchase on SONDORS.com, and we will continue to keep you posted as we obtain new information on the current situation.
In the meantime, we want to keep you excited by giving you what you've been asking for –– our latest SONDORS Rockstar review.
Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these delays may have caused, along with gratitude for your continued support and loyalty throughout these erratic times...
Thank you for being the best part of SONDORS!

Received this today... I have a Feb (original ship date) pre-order.. and am going to request a refund. They have had my money since Oct and have given me nothing (except their $50 Gift Card) for the use of my capital for 7 months. They have yet to deliver 1 of the Rockstars, they could easily fold and screw everyone that handed over $ to them. What happens when they miss the May commitment too?

Hi Ryan,
We're writing you today to keep you up to date on the delivery estimate of your SONDORS Rockstar.
We've been unable to avoid the severe impact COVID-19 is having on the global shipping industry, as well as the unprecedented congestion issue at the Port of Los Angeles (read about it here).
And with the extreme, worldwide demand for high-end bike components, (read about it here) we're experiencing significant slowdowns within our supply chain. However, we're still finding ways to get everything required to finish your Rockstar...we're just needing more time to do it.
That said, everything is taking much longer than usual, and we're having to update the shipping estimate of your SONDORS Rockstar from the end of February to the end of May.
We understand this is a substantial delay, it is highly disappointing to all of us, and we are very sorry about that.
However the good news is since you already have your Rockstar on order, you won't be left empty handed if the issue worsens and electric bikes become even more difficult to obtain after June 2021.
As part of our apology for the setbacks, we will be sending you an electronic $50 gift card via email to use toward any purchase on SONDORS.com, and we will continue to keep you posted as we obtain new information on the current situation.
In the meantime, we want to keep you excited by giving you what you've been asking for –– our latest SONDORS Rockstar review.
Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these delays may have caused, along with gratitude for your continued support and loyalty throughout these erratic times...

What do you buy for 50 bucks? This Rockstar deal just keeps getting shakier and shakier...

What does everyone think the parts delay is? Probably not the seat dropper post. I'm leaning towards the SRAM derailer. Whatever it is has to be unique to Rockstar because Cruiser and LX have not been delayed like this.

Last edited:

Hi Ryan,
They wrote that on the plane to a country where there is no extradition . lol

Hi Ryan,
"they could easily fold and screw everyone that handed over $ to them."
I doubt that very much, their Ebike business has grown exponentially since 2015 when they started, they were one of the first to get Ebikes going in North America.
They are aggressively pushing ahead with all kinds of new products including the new Metacycle, a 5K electric motorcycle. Their new LX is already out and reviews are being posted.
However I do not blame anybody that puts out 2K in October 2020 and will have no Ebike until June 2021 wanting a refund.....that really sucks.
But it shouldn't only be because you think you are going to lose your money because Sondors is going to fold, all the major players have so much business they can barely keep up to the demand, that is not a recipe for market failure, most of these guys can go to the banks and show them how their business is going up 700%, and the bank will give them a business loan to carry them if they need it.

As we all look into the future of these uncertain times it's easy to get emotionally frustrated with the way things are in the here and now. If you look hard enough you will be able to see that we are slowly turning a corner and things are starting to get better. Although it's taking longer than what everyone wants everyone who waits is going to be made whole, Sonders is doing everything they can right now to fulfill their promise of launching a new line of ebikes that is going to guarantee them a spot in the marketplace with affordable quality that is going to raise the bar to the competition. It will be worth the wait, and the reward is we will be getting one them first, along with a pretty good story.

"they could easily fold and screw everyone that handed over $ to them."
most of these guys can go to the banks and show them how their business is going up 700%, and the bank will give them a business loan to carry them if they need it.
Then that is what they should do instead of taking peoples money and sitting on it . Once the first dealer got away with it everyone started doing it and that is bull chit . There are a couple of bikes I would buy but I'm damned if I'll finance their friggin company .

Some people are saying that they think the high demand for ebikes is only going to be a temporary situation caused by the pandemic, I think that it's going to keep growing at an accelerated pace for at least the next few years and by that time
it's popularity will be established.

As we all look into the future of these uncertain times it's easy to get emotionally frustrated with the way things are in the here and now. If you look hard enough you will be able to see that we are slowly turning a corner and things are starting to get better. Although it's taking longer than what everyone wants everyone who waits is going to be made whole, Sonders is doing everything they can right now to fulfill their promise of launching a new line of ebikes that is going to guarantee them a spot in the marketplace with affordable quality that is going to raise the bar to the competition. It will be worth the wait, and the reward is we will be getting one them first, along with a pretty good story.

Wow I can't believe how much credit and leeway you give him, meaning sondors.
yes they will come through, but at every buyer's expense. .regardless of your thoughts needs and levels of frustration.
Sondors is selling so many products now and delivering so very few.
Please take off those blinders.
I mean no offense to you directly or anyone else ,that is my opinion , and is not for debate, or to argue with anyone. Thank you

Last edited:
I am definitely not happy about the situation, I'm just trying to put a positive spin on it. I'm going see this through one way or another no matter what happens, it has been delayed, they are still going to be assembled and shipped out. My order has been bumped about 60 days from the original estimate. Now if there's no progress between now and then I think that I would be having a problem with it. Personally I don't think that Sonders is getting rich by sitting on the money, they make money on sales which
are could starting to slow down at this point.

I am definitely not happy about the situation, I'm just trying to put a positive spin on it. I'm going see this through one way or another no matter what happens, it has been delayed, they are still going to be assembled and shipped out. My order has been bumped about 60 days from the original estimate. Now if there's no progress between now and then I think that I would be having a problem with it. Personally I don't think that Sonders is getting rich by sitting on the money, they make money on sales which
are could starting to slow down at this point.
you are probably correct.
I am not a negative person.
but what next, ??
retro moped for March, $$...
I know we all wish the best for everyone, I'll leave it at that. .good night all

Lightning 123 ,my apologies, my words are out of line.
I look back and read , not proper of me .
It's a high level of frustration with no answers, that's where the problem lies .

Let's be fair, SONDORS is not the only Ebike company that developed and launched new products in 2020 facing long delays.
There are many Ebike companies posting delays right now and the tales have been posted right here on EBR.

Back