Rockstar owners

She's a heavy beast, 84 lbs.
By the time I get mine set up it's going to be q09.Maybe that explains why it doesn't get that much air in some of the videos. I would complain about it more except by the time it gets loaded up with gear and accessories it's going to weigh about 100 lbs. and when you add me to the equation it's going to be about 350 lbs of rolling thunder.
I'm a little lost. Where did you see that the Rockstar is 84 lbs?

It came out when the LX was released and and the question was asked about how much it weighs and the answer was 89 lbs. That's when they updated the numbers on the website. That was quite a jump from the original estimate of 65 lbs.

Can anybody tell me if I will be able to swap out the Rockstar’s tires to a commuter tire that is let’s say 2.4” wide as opposed to the 3” off road tires?
Thanks
The Cruiser has the same size tires with commuter treads. You could probably put on a smaller tire but I don't think that would be necessary. With all of that power it isn't going to feel heavy, it will be quiet, and will offer more protection for the wheels.

The Cruiser has the same size tires with commuter treads. You could probably put on a smaller tire but I don't think that would be necessary. With all of that power it isn't going to feel heavy, it will be quiet, and will offer more protection for the wheels.
Thank you the info. Lightning 123!

I also bought a Rockstar (end of may delivery). I am quite surprised by the new 84 lbs weight. I owned a personalized 500W Greaser E-bike, a vintage motorcycle recreation with a very long 56" wheel base and 3 horizontal frame tubes, full steel fenders, fake tank, double post fork, 3" tires, huge front light and leather accessories. My greaser weight "only" 65 lbs. From the Bafang specs, the Rockstar motor + battery are probably less than 4 lbs heavier compare to my Greaser ( 500W/48v/14.5A ). The first Rockstar specs. weight of approx. 65 lbs seem highly probable to me. If I add 2 lbs for the rear suspension, where are the additional 13 lbs ? For the better or for worst, that Rockstar frame is built like a tank !

Last edited:
If you compare the Rockstar to similar full suspension ebikes like the Juggernaut Duo then the weight is about the same.

Juggernaut Ultra FS full suspension [fat tire, although you can order it with 3" tires] $3,500
Bafang M620 1,000/1,500 watt
77.7 Lbs. with a 21 AH battery

Rockstar about 11 lbs more, $900 less🤔

From another point of view, the standard weight of double suspension aluminum downhill MTB is 34 lbs. +. M620 =12 lbs + battery21A= 11 lbs. I am at 57 lbs. + electric accessories + frame modifications an strengthening .. Maybe 65 lbs ? That 84 lbs is hard to explain, it's not negligible, it's a 30% increase over the advertised weight when I bought the Rockstar. Do they target the over 300 lbs rider ? what I am not. I don't know what I will do, I am disappointed. With all those delays I have all the time to cancel my order ...

Last edited:
I would be very concerned with a weight of 84 lbs. Not in riding it per se, more so in manoeuvring it in the garage Or loading on a rack, work stand etc.
I weighed my Rize, with hydraulic seat post and 19.2 AH battery. It is 59 lbs on my scale. The Rockstar is 42% heavier. This bike was high on my list, I really like it. The weight ( wait .. snerk ) times dissuaded me. But I would have to up my Gym time to own it If in fact it is 84 lbs. Lets hope that’s a typo. Beaty of a bike but ...

Last edited:
I think most of the extra weight is in the new frames. They are mostly a molded one piece design With the integrated battery built in. This could easily add 10 lbs. To the weight.

This is the Sondors response to my weight question:

Yes it has gained 6 Lbs to 71Lbs with better front shocks, Mud Flaps and Dropper Seat Post
to 83 Lbs The Battery weighs in at 12lbs

Nonsense to me, no commentary.

70-75 pounds seems about right for an ultra with FS. 65 was pie in the sky. Only way you're getting close to 60 pounds is with carbon frame and wheelset.

Heaviest mud flaps.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2021-02-22 à 09.28.39.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2021-02-22 à 09.28.39.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,021
Last edited:
Back