Rockstar owners

This is the Sondors response to my weight question:

Yes it has gained 6 Lbs to 71Lbs with better front shocks, Mud Flaps and Dropper Seat Post
to 83 Lbs The Battery weighs in at 12lbs

Nonsense to me, no commentary.
One would think that the battery weight should have been included in the original 65 lbs estimate by Sondors. Thus, why are they throwing in the extra 12lbs for the battery now?

It's the marketing department calculation, they juggled the figures to make the reality more acceptable.
To my knowledge there is no bike carrier on the market strong enough for 2 Sondors Elite bikes even if we remove the batteries for transport. Even the $1000 Thule is limited to 132 lbs. The heavy-duty KAK I own is not better.

Last edited:
One would think that the battery weight should have been included in the original 65 lbs estimate by Sondors. Thus, why are they throwing in the extra 12lbs for the battery now?
I wouldn't give that company a dime. Amazing they are still in business...

It's the marketing department calculation, they juggled the figures to make the reality more acceptable.
To my knowledge there is no bike carrier on the market strong enough for 2 Sondors Elite bikes even if we remove the batteries for transport. Even the $1000 Thule is limited to 132 lbs. The heavy-duty KAK I own is not better.
You could always get a dual dirt bike carrier. They are rated for 600 lbs and are very cheap by comparison. Need a tow hitch though.

This one is $294.99

I just put my order in last night. I'd been specifically targeting the Bafang Ultra M620 motor and this seems like the best bang for buck. Also considering that my state (Texas) restricts ebikes to 750 watts and this is marketed and labeled as 750W, I should be in the clear.
I've been trying to figure out the components but there aren't full specifics available. For instance, the front air shock is Sondors-specific so I'm not sure what to expect. Also, there are a variety of controllers for this Bafang Ultra Max motor ranging from expensive and refined to basic and jerky. The Sondors Rockstar has its own controller but the bike isn't out yet for user review but I'm hoping they gave it the attention it deserves. As far as options, the I could only specify the color (I went for the Slate). There have been mentions of available accessories such as an optional integrated headlight but I believe they aren't available yet. Now I'm seeing images and mentions of mud flaps... are they included with the bike? I thought that fenders were going to be optional extras at some point. I've been happy with the announced updates, especially the dropper seat.

I just put my order in last night. I'd been specifically targeting the Bafang Ultra M620 motor and this seems like the best bang for buck. Also considering that my state (Texas) restricts ebikes to 750 watts and this is marketed and labeled as 750W, I should be in the clear.
I've been trying to figure out the components but there aren't full specifics available. For instance, the front air shock is Sondors-specific so I'm not sure what to expect. Also, there are a variety of controllers for this Bafang Ultra Max motor ranging from expensive and refined to basic and jerky. The Sondors Rockstar has its own controller but the bike isn't out yet for user review but I'm hoping they gave it the attention it deserves. As far as options, the I could only specify the color (I went for the Slate). There have been mentions of available accessories such as an optional integrated headlight but I believe they aren't available yet. Now I'm seeing images and mentions of mud flaps... are they included with the bike? I thought that fenders were going to be optional extras at some point. I've been happy with the announced updates, especially the dropper seat.
Sondors will give you a spec sheet pdf if you ask them via chat. I believe, but haven't confirmed, that you can extract the parts from the part numbers. For example, the fork looks like an Suntour XCR 34 Air Boost
Here is the spec: Sondors Air shock fork SF18XCR34-DS-AIR-BOOST-RLR-15AH232-110-29-CTS-130, travel 120MM, with Sondors sticker

Congratulations, I think you chose wisely. We should all be seeing the Rockstar make an appearance sometime later next month. The two other Elite models have. made it here and are going to STORM
the country

Congratulations, I think you chose wisely. We should all be seeing the Rockstar make an appearance sometime later next month. The two other Elite models have. made it here and are going to STORM
the country
Glad to be here and I think it was a good choice that fits my needs. I was first tipped off to the LX which I liked a lot but went with the Rockstar because it seems to have a few more of my preferences. My order is for a June delivery so I've got a while to wait but I'm happy that I was able to still get the introductory pricing. And as much as I'd love to be in the first wave of deliveries, at least I'll be able to enjoy the feedback and reviews of the early birds that receive them sooner. Apologies in advance to whomever takes delivery first because I'm sure you'll be hit with tons of questions immediately.

If you take a look all the way back to the beginning when the Rockstar was first revealed it was last around June of last year. When they started talking orders the first batch was going to be delivered in October, then it was January-February,
Now maybe the end of March. I have no doubt that they will be built and delivered its just that there has already been a 4 month delay.

The Hollywood rack is rated at 160lbs (80/bike). The Rambo rack is rated at 145lbs, so pulling off seat and battery could work there. Of course, both are for 2" hitch receivers.

Waiting on real world reviews, before I jump in. I'm intrigued by the price. Anybody know for sure if and when the price will increase?

I'm not exactly sure when but I would expect to see a price increase shortly after the it's release. It would be about the same time that the new pre-orders would start to spike.

I too am surprised there aren't more comments from ordinary customers who have received their LX & Cruiser bikes. Maybe most of them are first time e-bike riders without critical opinions to offer. When I got my first e-bike I didn't know if it was good or a piece of crap but I loved it never the less. I didn't know any different.
By now I would expect there to be more comments from the more seasoned e-bike owners and reviewers who are more experienced in what to expect of the Elite line quality bikes performance in a comparison to a general cross section of other comparable quality electric bikes components and performance.
I expect it will do well but am waiting anxiously for the opinions to start rolling in.

I too am surprised there aren't more comments from ordinary customers who have received their LX & Cruiser bikes. Maybe most of them are first time e-bike riders without critical opinions to offer. When I got my first e-bike I didn't know if it was good or a piece of crap but I loved it never the less. I didn't know any different.
By now I would expect there to be more comments from the more seasoned e-bike owners and reviewers who are more experienced in what to expect of the Elite line quality bikes performance in a comparison to a general cross section of other comparable quality electric bikes components and performance.
I expect it will do well but am waiting anxiously for the opinions to start rolling in.
I will tell you this much, when I get mine I will be more than willing to share my opinions on the new Rockstar and this is coming from someone who has never ridden an ebike but is ready and able to
Make a commitment to go out and and ride as much as possible.

Hi folks, sorry to bug you. Anyone know when we are going to get our rockstar? Ordered my July 3rd 2020!
Paid in full! Yikes !

Hi folks, sorry to bug you. Anyone know when we are going to get our rockstar? Ordered my July 3rd 2020!
Paid in full! Yikes !
Have you tried contacting Sondors customer service with your order number? They are your best shot at knowing when your specific order will ship. They generally get those types of questions answered pretty fast

I am surprised that there's not more reviews on the LX and the Cruiser. They
have both been out long enough for
some honest evaluations.
I'll be filming a review for the LX on Friday (March 5th). Not sure when it will be fully published, but I'll reply back here over the weekend to share my thoughts on it :)

I got a quick look at it a couple weeks ago, it seems quite impressive for the price. I'll be covering the Rockstar as well, but that will probably be in early April.

I'll be filming a review for the LX on Friday (March 5th). Not sure when it will be fully published, but I'll reply back here over the weekend to share my thoughts on it :)

I got a quick look at it a couple weeks ago, it seems quite impressive for the price. I'll be covering the Rockstar as well, but that will probably be in early April.
I'll be looking forward to both.

Back