Rockstar owners

Took me 4 tries with customer support and i finally got an answer. Today, via chat, they tell me it will ship this month. Good news...fingers crossed.

I'll be filming a review for the LX on Friday (March 5th). Not sure when it will be fully published, but I'll reply back here over the weekend to share my thoughts on it :)

I got a quick look at it a couple weeks ago, it seems quite impressive for the price. I'll be covering the Rockstar as well, but that will probably be in early April.
Excellent. I'm looking forward to both as well.

Pretty impressed with the LX today, I got it up to about 35mph with pedaling help after unlocking the speed in the display settings. It ships as a Class 3 (28mph, no throttle) but a throttle is included in the box and you can change the max speed in settings (choose between 20mph, 28mph, 35mph). Very heavy bike at just under 90 pounds, it feels like the bike equivalent of an SUV that can roll over pretty much anything. Great for large riders like myself, but since there's only one frame size it would be an intimidating bike for smaller riders for sure. I like the frame design for looks, but it's probably more difficult to mount racks and fenders because of it. SONDORS doesn't list any compatible accessories on their website for it, I would at least want a rear fender though and a rear rack would be sweet.

Battery is very high capacity 48 volt, 21 amp-hour. After about 35 miles of riding (10 of which was me today) it had just dropped to 60% remaining capacity. I'm not sure how the other folks were riding it but I was pushing it pretty hard, so it seems to have great range. Integrated lights and brake light activation are a nice touch. Forward riding position and the stem is not adjustable, that would be an easy upgrade though to get a more relaxed seating.

Overall it feels like a higher quality, more polished version of the SONDORS XS. Definitely a win in my book at the $2k price point. The shop didn't have the Rockstar or Cruiser in yet, sounds like there are some shipping delays going on... hopefully they'll be here soon!

I'm not sure when I'll get around to editing and publishing the review, but I can answer any questions you have about the LX in the meantime :)

Last edited:
Pretty impressed with the LX today, I got it up to about 35mph with pedaling help after unlocking the speed in the display settings. It ships as a Class 3 (28mph, no throttle) but a throttle is included in the box and you can change the max speed in settings (choose between 20mph, 28mph, 35mph). Very heavy bike at just under 90 pounds, it feels like the bike equivalent of an SUV that can roll over pretty much anything. Great for large riders like myself, but since there's only one frame size it would be an intimidating bike for smaller riders for sure. I like the frame design for looks, but it's probably more difficult to mount racks and fenders because of it. SONDORS doesn't list any compatible accessories on their website for it, I would at least want a rear fender though and a rear rack would be sweet.

Battery is very high capacity 48 volt, 41 amp-hour. After about 35 miles of riding (10 of which was me today) it had just dropped to 60% remaining capacity. I'm not sure how the other folks were riding it but I was pushing it pretty hard, so it seems to have great range. Integrated lights and brake light activation are a nice touch. Forward riding position and the stem is not adjustable, that would be an easy upgrade though to get a more relaxed seating.

Overall it feels like a higher quality, more polished version of the SONDORS XS. Definitely a win in my book at the $2k price point. The shop didn't have the Rockstar or Cruiser in yet, sounds like there are some shipping delays going on... hopefully they'll be here soon!

I'm not sure when I'll get around to editing and publishing the review, but I can answer any questions you have about the LX in the meantime :)
The size of this bike is a real shame. I was really looking forward to it. Thanks for the first impressions. Looking forward to your full review 👍👍

Battery is very high capacity 48 volt, 41 amp-hour. After about 35 miles of riding (10 of which was me today) it had just dropped to 60% remaining capacity. I'm not sure how the other folks were riding it but I was pushing it pretty hard, so it seems to have great range. Integrated lights and brake light activation are a nice touch. Forward riding position and the stem is not adjustable, that would be an easy upgrade though to get a more relaxed seating.

From what I'm seeing it looks like everything thst was promised is being delivered.

typo... 21 amp-hour

I also ordered the slate (end May). Although I find the yellow attractive, I chose a low profile colour, the motor being a little too big. ;)

Whoops! Fixed... boy howdy, 41 amp-hour would be nice wouldn't it?!

It really is a monster. It handles well for the weight though, and being a large person I actually quite like the size of it, and the feel of driving a bike tank 🤣
I can imagine that the overall power range will help compensate for some of the weight.

Not on this pic.

Attachments

• E75C0C8F-B7C3-495B-BFD1-97B3771DF9AA.jpg
    E75C0C8F-B7C3-495B-BFD1-97B3771DF9AA.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 224
Back