Rize X or Leisure (2021)

aWanderer

Region
Canada
Never had an eBike before. Ordering two. Is there a significant difference between these two models you think?

My wife and I are around 50+ and would only be riding on road, some city trails and trails in campgrounds.

Her inseam is 29 1/4” and she’s 5’ 4”

Do you think the leisure would be more suitable and comfortable for her? Will there be a significant difference between the 500 and 750watts or the 48v and 52v?

I did pre-order the Rize X for both of us but now I’m scared that it’s to big for her and this is going to totally ruin our experience. Thinking of changing it to Rize Leisure models instead.

Thoughts?

We were in the same pickle. Both 50+ , Mrs 5’2”, I’m 5’8”. Went with Rize X for me (test drive a buddy’s 2020 model) and the Mrs Leisure step. Both on pre-order.

We may go with the Leisure for both of us, partly to do with the law in Canada about 500W maximum being only allowed in National Parks and such. Is this a concern for anyone?

as far as I know Rize does not label the power ratings on the bikes. So unless they do an internet check a person would not know.
To back that up (come with no sticker), I can confirm my Rize (RX Pro) came with no sticker.

Received the bikes yesterday. Only had a short ride so far but build was easy, bikes are amazing!

Seat is not comfy. Looking for a comfy seat for old people.

908FE120-379D-49F0-949D-9B85D1185F58.jpg

28DBD485-C06C-457D-B47E-0724F9F67136.jpg

Last edited:
Your take on the torque sensor setup? Been waiting to hear some ride impressions.

on the 750 the torgue sensor is smooth so likely will be fine on 500, thinking about the city and if anyone has a rize with that hubmotor feedback would be appreciated

Yeah, I find the 500 on the Rize X very nice. My wife complains that it is a bit to torque-ie for her liking but it is adjustable. I have not tried adjusting it yet but it is set on, I think 2, out of 1,2,3 by default. Anyway, it is pretty smooth. A bit of a jerk but hardly noticeable.

Yeah, I find the 500 on the Rize X very nice. My wife complains that it is a bit to torque-ie for her liking but it is adjustable. I have not tried adjusting it yet but it is set on, I think 2, out of 1,2,3 by default. Anyway, it is pretty smooth. A bit of a jerk but hardly noticeable.
Looks like you can still access the advanced settings through the display on the Rize X. Page 10. Try to set your motor responsiveness down a little. It might only delay the startup, not the output, but worth a try.

Other than that, you might still be able to just buy the cable and use the Bafang utility to go deeper into the settings and adjust the actual power ramp up rate. There were threads on the forums here of others who have successfully tamed their Bafang beasts! lol

Looks like you can still access the advanced settings through the display on the Rize X. Page 10. Try to set your motor responsiveness down a little. It might only delay the startup, not the output, but worth a try.

Other than that, you might still be able to just buy the cable and use the Bafang utility to go deeper into the settings and adjust the actual power ramp up rate. There were threads on the forums here of others who have successfully tamed their Bafang beasts! lol
Regarding using the cable to adjust, the Bafang hub drives use a 3rd party controller, so that's not going to work. They don't use an actuall Bafang controller. The cable thing is only regarding the UART based (built prior to this year) Bafang mid drives - to my knowledge anyway. -Al

I wouldn't go that far as to buy a cable and dig in to it anyway. The existing settings are fine as they are for us anyway.

I have a Leisure.
I find that the 500 W motor is a little feeble on some of the hills in my little town.
We are on the side of a small mountain so when you are down at the bottom it takes a bit of planning to climb back up.
Also, I find that the battery can fade pretty quick when doing a lot of climbing.

Back