Rize X or Juiced Ripcurrent S?

Mumper

Region
USA
I am in the market for an ebike. Got it narrowed down the Rize X or the Juiced Ripcurrent S. Pretty similar stats on both bikes, but I’m leaning towards the Rize X since it’s $500 cheaper and seems to have similar quality components.

Would love any opinions! I am using it for recreational fun both on and off-road with our local trails. We have some hills, but nothing too crazy. I am 6’1” and 200lbs.

Thanks for any help! Looking to stay close to $2500.

One bonus option: Rize RX Pro. Seems like fantastic bang for the buck?

Last edited:
What’s your take on the Rize RX Pro mid-drive?

The Rize just seems like so much more bang for the buck with the newer motor, torque sensor, suspension post, adjustable stem, better shifter and brakes.

The Fat-HD looks good but it’s not a great battery. Also low grade shifter and brakes.

The Bolton is better but only $100 cheaper than the Rize. At that point, the Rise is a better call. (And it’s in stock now!)

I have both the Rize X and the RX Pro. Both great bikes for the buck.

As Timpo mentioned, the RX Pro is in a whole other league. Power for days and a speed monster out of the box. If you can afford it, you won't be disappointed, but if you are budget limited the X is still a great option. I love both mine, but I do love my RX Pro like my favorite child. lol

I was prepared to like my Rize RX as a possible compromise purchase. I did a thorough component by component comparison with several bikes plus or minus $400. Money is a challenge always. In the end, I identified torque sensing, good brakes, comfortable seating, scads of dial able power and maximum battery capacity as most important to me. I could not find another bike, that was not experiencing extreme shipping delays IE Sondors, that came close to the value. The Rize was in stock in December. Bought it. Received it 3 days later.

What I was not prepared for is how I’ve bonded with my RX and that I love the bike.

I have both the Rize X and the RX Pro. Both great bikes for the buck.

As Timpo mentioned, the RX Pro is in a whole other league. Power for days and a speed monster out of the box. If you can afford it, you won't be disappointed, but if you are budget limited the X is still a great option. I love both mine, but I do love my RX Pro like my favorite child. lol
I love hearing this! Make me want to just hit the order button right now. What is your favorite thing about the bike?

I was prepared to like my Rize RX as a possible compromise purchase. I did a thorough component by component comparison with several bikes plus or minus $400. Money is a challenge always. In the end, I identified torque sensing, good brakes, comfortable seating, scads of dial able power and maximum battery capacity as most important to me. I could not find another bike, that was not experiencing extreme shipping delays IE Sondors, that came close to the value. The Rize was in stock in December. Bought it. Received it 3 days later.

What I was not prepared for is how I’ve bonded with my RX and that I love the bike.
I have done almost the exact same comparisons as you. The RX Pro just seems to check the boxes:
  • Bafang Ultra motor
  • Torque sensing
  • Gear shift sensor
  • Good brakes
  • Trigger shifters and 9 gears
  • Tail light with brake
  • Suspension seat
  • Large color screen with tons of customization
  • 19.2 battery
  • Adjustable stem
Not to mention it's in stock and free shipping. Am I missing anything on this comparison?

I love hearing this! Make me want to just hit the order button right now. What is your favorite thing about the bike?
#1 - The power. #2 - The power. #3 - you get the idea...

I'm a big guy around 300lb, and it hauls my ass up the steepest west coast hills with ease. I use it to commute to work most of the summer (22km each way), and it sustains 40kph without even breaking a sweat (myself included). I can add some effort to hit 50+ for shorter stretches as well, and on slight downgrades I regularly see 70-80KPH peaks under throttle. If you are a tame rider, it is very light and comfortable in the 15-20kph range and will actually get that full 90km range if you keep it in PAS 2 and put in the majority of the effort. I can complete my 44km round-trip commute to work on one charge with maybe 20% left, and I run it at max PAS for commuting so I don't arrive a dripping bag of sweat.

Now it isn't a high-end bike by any means. The shocks are nothing to crow about, the seat was an immediate replacement (suspension post was kept), and the power delivery is either off, or ludicrous speed, or off again, but it is a $3K (CAD) Bafang bike, not a $7K Bosch or Yamaha. I haven't seen any reviews on this site anyway that regret purchasing it in the slightest.

It is a very big frame, so smaller riders beware, but at 6'1" it will fit you well. You may want to pop in a short $20 stem riser unless you like the slightly aggressive forward position. I am 6' even, so I went with a new set of bars that brought the grips up and back about an inch or so each way, but that was really fussy fine tuning cuz I'm a tinkerer, it was fine for all but the longest battery-killing rides bone-stock.

They do sell out fast (All brands in this category), so if you want the spring order, don't dally too long...

After a couple months of shopping, I bought an RX Pro a couple of months ago. With the standard 19.2 ah battery, it's still a top contender on the current market when looking at it from a bucks spent for bang received.

You asked what I liked most after buying it? Theemartymac replied POWER. I couldn't agree more, but I would add the fact it's a TORQUE monster. Everyone was saying how critical it is to keep a mid drive in the right gear. I'm here to tell you that's complete BS if you are riding in a sane manner. Casual riding will allow you to take off from a stop in 5th gear without pulling excessive amperage and killing your battery quickly. Watt meter will likely remain under 500 watts. As it's rated for 3 times that, it's pretty safe to assume you aren't pushing anything too hard....

The biggest call if I were ordering another tomorrow would be the call on tire size. This was my 1st "fatty" and after riding it for a while now, my riding habits may have been better served going with the 27" wheels and tires. -Al

#1 - The power. #2 - The power. #3 - you get the idea...

I'm a big guy around 300lb, and it hauls my ass up the steepest west coast hills with ease. I use it to commute to work most of the summer (22km each way), and it sustains 40kph without even breaking a sweat (myself included). I can add some effort to hit 50+ for shorter stretches as well, and on slight downgrades I regularly see 70-80KPH peaks under throttle. If you are a tame rider, it is very light and comfortable in the 15-20kph range and will actually get that full 90km range if you keep it in PAS 2 and put in the majority of the effort. I can complete my 44km round-trip commute to work on one charge with maybe 20% left, and I run it at max PAS for commuting so I don't arrive a dripping bag of sweat.

Now it isn't a high-end bike by any means. The shocks are nothing to crow about, the seat was an immediate replacement (suspension post was kept), and the power delivery is either off, or ludicrous speed, or off again, but it is a $3K (CAD) Bafang bike, not a $7K Bosch or Yamaha. I haven't seen any reviews on this site anyway that regret purchasing it in the slightest.

It is a very big frame, so smaller riders beware, but at 6'1" it will fit you well. You may want to pop in a short $20 stem riser unless you like the slightly aggressive forward position. I am 6' even, so I went with a new set of bars that brought the grips up and back about an inch or so each way, but that was really fussy fine tuning cuz I'm a tinkerer, it was fine for all but the longest battery-killing rides bone-stock.

They do sell out fast (All brands in this category), so if you want the spring order, don't dally too long...
Nice feedback..Would love to see your handlebar and seat post set up...thanks!!

Nice feedback..Would love to see your handlebar and seat post set up...thanks!!
I figure I'll post a 'review' once I have a few more miles on the new setup, but here's a couple quick shots.

3cLCPRj.jpg

h4OqWEt.jpg

6YMANu1.jpg

Thanks for all the replies in here! I ended up going with the RX Pro and it showed up a couple days ago. Still trying to figure everything out, so any tips are appreciated!

A few notes
  • I noticed my handlebars would slip and not stay aligned with the wheel on my first ride. Is the fighting for this the two allen screws on the stem? Not the one with the rubber cover at the top of the stem, correct?
  • A few gears have minor slipping, anyone know how I adjust this Alivio shifter?
  • I hear a clicking noise from the motor when I roll the bike in reverse, is this normal? It goes away after a couple feet of rolling backwards.
  • Rear rack was difficult to get aligned, felt like the allen screw was stripping as I got it in. I got it on, but it's somewhat crooked.
  • Really love the suspension seat, that's a great bonus!
  • Power feels amazing - this bike goes! As I understand it, I need to be careful about applying throttle in lower gears, is that correct? Since this is a mid-drive, the power is direct to the chain and the lower the gear, the more torque I get, correct?
  • Brakes feel very nice. A little bit of noise, but nothing out of the ordinary to me.
  • Picked up the Rock bros front frame bag for phone and the BG trunk bag - both seem great for the price.
  • @themartymac - what saddle bag is that in your photo? Looks great for quick grocery trips.
  • Need a mirror as well, any good recommendations on that would be appreciated
This form has been really nice so far, looking forward to lots more rides and good stories here!

IMG_1512.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies in here! I ended up going with the RX Pro and it showed up a couple days ago. Still trying to figure everything out, so any tips are appreciated!

A few notes
  • I noticed my handlebars would slip and not stay aligned with the wheel on my first ride. Is the fighting for this the two allen screws on the stem? Not the one with the rubber cover at the top of the stem, correct?
  • A few gears have minor slipping, anyone know how I adjust this Alivio shifter?
  • I hear a clicking noise from the motor when I roll the bike in reverse, is this normal? It goes away after a couple feet of rolling backwards.
  • Rear rack was difficult to get aligned, felt like the allen screw was stripping as I got it in. I got it on, but it's somewhat crooked.
  • Really love the suspension seat, that's a great bonus!
  • Power feels amazing - this bike goes! As I understand it, I need to be careful about applying throttle in lower gears, is that correct? Since this is a mid-drive, the power is direct to the chain and the lower the gear, the more torque I get, correct?
  • Brakes feel very nice. A little bit of noise, but nothing out of the ordinary to me.
  • Picked up the Rock bros front frame bag for phone and the BG trunk bag - both seem great for the price.
  • @themartymac - what saddle bag is that in your photo? Looks great for quick grocery trips.
  • Need a mirror as well, any good recommendations on that would be appreciated
This form has been really nice so far, looking forward to lots more rides and good stories here!

View attachment 80293
Congratulations on your new RX Pro, really a killer bike. I purchased the RX and have no regrets but that's a beauty.
For the handlebars, make sure you tighten the bolt under the top stem. Facing your bike, it's hidden on the underside and that was loose on mine. Not the side bolts, not the top bolt with the plug, it's the last one underneath there.
Enjoy that ride!

Congratulations on your new RX Pro, really a killer bike. I purchased the RX and have no regrets but that's a beauty.
For the handlebars, make sure you tighten the bolt under the top stem. Facing your bike, it's hidden on the underside and that was loose on mine. Not the side bolts, not the top bolt with the plug, it's the last one underneath there.
Enjoy that ride!
Hmm, I am unable to find any additional bolts. There are just two on the side and one at the top. Picture of the manual showing the stem here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 209
Hmm, I am unable to find any additional bolts. There are just two on the side and one at the top. Picture of the manual showing the stem here.
If the handlebars are moving side to side, or if those bolts are loose, just tighten them (after straightening them). If you're handlebars are moving up and down, tighten the cluster of 4 near the display in the center of the handlebars.

In short, go over the entire bike and tighten anything loose!

I think it’s the two bolts on the side of the stem to pinch the fork. I tightened those up and seem to be good now.

Next problem is adjusting the stem. I backed the screw out of the side, but it still won’t budge. Anyone have ideas on that one?

When the bolt gets loose enough, push on it to pop the other side out. Both sides must disengage to release it making adjustment possible.

Back