Rize September 2020 Delivery Input and Updates

I wonder if that Bitrix 52V Battery would work in the Rize RX? I'm not seeing any 52V Dorado Reentention Batteries with a quick search..there was some in the past but those links appear inactive. Bitrix does have 52V 21AH Dorado on their site though.

According to https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/diy-upgrade-for-rize-bikes.34330/
The Rize RX used Reention Dorado, 505mm.

And from Karl Gesslein's Bike Blog the degradation when below 50% seems rather significant. Not sure if the current riders agree with his assessment:

Do you really feel a difference when riding with a 52v battery instead of a 48v battery? I have spent hundreds of hours riding the BBS02 & the BBSHD with both 52v and 48v batteries from a variety of vendors. Honestly, right off the charger both the 48v and the 52v batteries feel about the same even though the 52v battery is about 4v more. I have not noticed any difference in the top RPM range of the unit, although it might be slightly higher with a 52v pack. The real differences come when your ride is about 1/2 over. With a 48v battery, once your battery is about half depleted you can feel the power drop off slightly. As the battery gets down to about 1/4 of its charge left, the difference becomes even more noticeable with both throttle lag and a noticeable lack of power. With a 52v battery this never really happens as the voltage never sags into the ‘ho-hum’ zone. With a 52v battery the BBSxx drive units run quite powerfully right up until the battery BMS cuts out.

So I want the Rize RX Pro Bike with the 52V 21AH Bitrix Battery.:cool:
i use both and i disagree with Gesslein, i can feel the difference from 52v to 48v right off the charger and its substantial, no need to wait until the battery is half drained for me although the difference is more extreme with partially drained batteries i still feel it on a fresh pack,i always end up on lower levels of PAS when running a 52volt pack. i will check with Rize to make sure a 52v pack is compatible if so when i get my RX ill pop on the Biktrix battery and report back here.

i use both and i disagree with Gesslein, i can feel the difference from 52v to 48v right off the charger and its substantial, no need to wait until the battery is half drained for me although the difference is more extreme with partially drained batteries i still feel it on a fresh pack,i always end up on lower levels of PAS when running a 52volt pack. i will check with Rize to make sure a 52v pack is compatible if so when i get my RX ill pop on the Biktrix battery and report back here.
I emailed Both Rize and Bitrix to see what they have to say regarding 52V options and compatibility. Getting a 48V Battery Stock from Rize and then a 52V elsewhere looks problematic for those of us wanting a 2nd battery for long excursions as you need to adjust the settings.
https://support.biktrix.com/hc/en-u...71-Stock-Ultra-settings-and-Programming-guide

https://edrivenet.com/bafang-programming/

"Rize will you sell me a bike minus the 48V battery?"

"Bitrix will you sell me a 52V Battery!?"

That Bitrix Battery 52V 20AH is not cheap but I would probably splurge and buy 2!

Keep us posted and let us know what you find out. I may cancel my Rise Order and look to Luna Cycle, or look for another G510 that has 52V. I think this time next year there will be more 52V options available.

Last edited:
I emailed Both Rize and Bitrix to see what they have to say regarding 52V options and compatibility. Getting a 48V Battery Stock from Rize and then a 52V elsewhere looks problematic for those of us wanting a 2nd battery for long excursions as you need to adjust the settings.
https://support.biktrix.com/hc/en-u...71-Stock-Ultra-settings-and-Programming-guide

https://edrivenet.com/bafang-programming/

"Rize will you sell me a bike minus the 48V battery?"

"Bitrix will you sell me a 52V Battery!?"

That Bitrix Battery 52V 20AH is not cheap but I would probably splurge and buy 2!

Keep us posted and let us know what you find out. I may cancel my Rise Order and look to Luna Cycle, or look for another G510 that has 52V. I think this time next year there will be more 52V options available.
have you considered just going for a biktrix ultra with a 52v pack? i have had my HD for over a year and the company is solid for sure,good CS

have you considered just going for a biktrix ultra with a 52v pack? i have had my HD for over a year and the company is solid for sure,good CS

Good to hear they have solid CS. That is important. Rize has had mixed reviews on CS.

I'm looking at everything. Bolton E-Bikes I was considering too.
https://www.electricbikereview.com/...p-10-ebikes-with-the-bafang-g510-ultra.31656/

Rize I think has the best price point, and I've placed my pre-order for November. It just be nice to have a 52V option...I think we'll see it become the standard next year on most Ultras.

SHP has done thorough reviews of Rize and has me sold for the most part. I like the style of the Rize compared to others I've looked at on websites, and the price is right.

Better to get something now at a fair price and then perhaps buy again in a few years as the technology develops even further.

Anyone interested in some nice reviews or rides check out his videos on the Rize RX Pro or Rize Leisure. Top notch and beautiful scenery of Vancouver. Rize should have him on the payroll. I have to imagine he's helped Rize sell a few Bikes. Despite his break pad issues he's definitely nudged me in the Rize direction.

Response from Rize when asking is there was a 52V Battery Option:

Unfortunately no, our system is 48V, and a 52V would not be compatible with our bikes.

Response from Rize when asking is there was a 52V Battery Option:

Unfortunately no, our system is 48V, and a 52V would not be compatible with our bikes.

Clearly whoever responded is not........ correct. Or, they don't want to get into it.

The bike I have now started life as a RAD City, and Rad's the same way. Asking about aftermarket parts or mod's of ANY kind will draw a blank stare.

Clearly whoever responded is not........ correct. Or, they don't want to get into it.

The bike I have now started life as a RAD City, and Rad's the same way. Asking about aftermarket parts or mod's of ANY kind will draw a blank stare.
I agree it's the "I don't care attitude", or "Take it as it is". I get it that a guy like me wanting something out of the norm could be headache for them so they just answer "No it's not possible".

And it's not their system..they are using Bafangs system. it's not their motor, it's not their controller, and it's not their software.

I agree it's the "I don't care attitude", or "Take it as it is". I get it that a guy like me wanting something out of the norm could be headache for them so they just answer "No it's not possible".

And it's not their system..they are using Bafangs system. it's not their motor, it's not their controller, and it's not their software.
Bingo! I think a wait and see attitude will serve us all well. Get bike, figure out what's good and not-so-good, and then let the modifications commence with caution. Rize has no upside telling you the bike can be modified.

I emailed Bitrix about their 52 Replacement Battery. Their website says they use Reention Dorado batteries so I thought it would be worth inquiring if they were compatible with Rize.

We do have the 52 V 21.5 A-h, but unfortunately, it is the "Shark" style battery with a length of around 355 mm.

It looks like it's going to be difficult to source a 52V Battery that will work with Rize RX.

I received an email this morning (5:05 am Eastern Standard Time, USA) from Rize that my RX shipped! I received a separate email that my accessories shipped.

1601373921621.png

I received an email this morning (5:05 am Eastern Standard Time, USA) from Rize that my RX shipped! I received a separate email that my accessories shipped.

View attachment 66929

Awesome news to see they are shipping. Just curious about when you placed your order? Wondering if they are randomly getting them out, or FIFO. I ordered early August and have not heard anything yet, other than billing two weeks ago.

Same here - Received an email around 4:50am (eastern US) this morning with Fed-Ex tracking number. I ordered on July 23rd .

Right now FedEx has not picked up the order(s) and confirmed shipping delivery, but Rize estimated Friday the 2nd, which I find a bit optimistic but I should know tonight after Fed-Ex begins transit.

Bill

I emailed Bitrix about their 52 Replacement Battery. Their website says they use Reention Dorado batteries so I thought it would be worth inquiring if they were compatible with Rize.

We do have the 52 V 21.5 A-h, but unfortunately, it is the "Shark" style battery with a length of around 355 mm.

It looks like it's going to be difficult to source a 52V Battery that will work with Rize RX.
ask them when they will have dorados again,they still have multiple bikes that use them so they are sure to restock

You guys that received the "shipped" status emails are totally responsible for me checking my email every 5 minutes now.....

Congrats! Hopefully they'll arrive in perfect condition. -Al

Awesome news to see they are shipping. Just curious about when you placed your order? Wondering if they are randomly getting them out, or FIFO. I ordered early August and have not heard anything yet, other than billing two weeks ago.
Hi Kevin,
Gary Here, I placed the order on August 20th. The email to pay in full came on Sunday Sept. 20th...I paid in full that morning. The estimate for delivery is this Friday.

Hi all,
Just wondering did any one of you received email or order from Rize bike? I placed my order on Rize x Aug.4 and I payed full amount two weeks ago and did not heard from them at all. Do you have same issue?

Thanks for replying
Kris

Back