Rize September 2020 Delivery Input and Updates

Thanks. Anytime this week is good. Just curious more than anything if we can get a 52V 21AH for Rize. If so..where..and how much!

And what information do we need to provide to a supplier? Take measurements? Surely there is some standard..Dorado Reentention 505MM!?

@Deleted Member 4210 Thinks the market for ebikes and batteries could be tough going into 2021. Better to get an back up battery order in early.

Curious about the comparison of the Juggernaut and Rize.
Well I haven't had to much ride time with the Rize but i can tell you its faster than my JUGGERNAUT HD but that's to be expected my jugg is a much bigger bike and it's a fatbike,my Rize is not.the Rize can easily hit 30mph PAS in Eco mode,I have not been past level 3 in sport mode

Well I popped in the Biktrix 52volt pack no problem, fit perfectly,the bike booted up normal, note I did not go for a ride,but it does fit just fine.
Well I haven't had to much ride time with the Rize but i can tell you its faster than my JUGGERNAUT HD but that's to be expected my jugg is a much bigger bike and it's a fatbike,my Rize is not.the Rize can easily hit 30mph PAS in Eco mode,I have not been past level 3 in sport mode
Good to know about the Battery. Thanks for taking the time to find out and and respond. Sounds like it would work as an option. Bitrix wants $1000 for a 52V 21AH Battery and they're not in stock.

Interesting the difference in speed. I went for the RX Pro with the Fat Tires..comfort over speed at my age. I wonder what the weight difference is between those two bikes. Rize RX Pro comes in heavy at 70lbs. Add me that's close to 300 lbs!

I went into this 4" bike realizing full well that the expected ride was going to cost me battery life. The better the ride, the worse the effect on the battery. Let your tire pressure set the compromise. One redeeming feature if that effect seems excessive, is we can trade those 4" tire for a set of 3" which will reduce the drag. Still considered a "fatty", but closer to a fatty that's been on a diet...

I'm 315 lbs, and not real concerned about my available range.

Good to know about the Battery. Thanks for taking the time to find out and and respond. Sounds like it would work as an option. Bitrix wants $1000 for a 52V 21AH Battery and they're not in stock.

Interesting the difference in speed. I went for the RX Pro with the Fat Tires..comfort over speed at my age. I wonder what the weight difference is between those two bikes. Rize RX Pro comes in heavy at 70lbs. Add me that's close to 300 lbs!
Herr Wolf i believe the Biktrix 52v 21ah pack is a Sharks Fin battery for the Juggernaut Duo its similar to the one below ,its not a Dorado so it will not work,
1602518697238.png

i think the Biktrix 52v 17ah is as big as they can go on a Dorado battery, double check with Biktrix before you order.......also the 52v 17ah Dorado is around $800 maybe less.

honestly i just lifted the RX and its gotta be close to 70lbs also, its almost as heavy as my Juggernaut HD, dont worry im 6/3 230lbs and i had an additional 20lbs in my backpack plus the bike weighs around 65/70 so i was over 300lb and the bike didnt break a sweat!

I went into this 4" bike realizing full well that the expected ride was going to cost me battery life. The better the ride, the worse the effect on the battery. Let your tire pressure set the compromise. One redeeming feature if that effect seems excessive, is we can trade those 4" tire for a set of 3" which will reduce the drag. Still considered a "fatty", but closer to a fatty that's been on a diet...

I'm 315 lbs, and not real concerned about my available range.
im currently running 3inch on my HD, i like them but they are not as comfortable as the 4in fatboys.

im currently running 3inch on my HD, i like them but they are not as comfortable as the 4in fatboys.
I think the RX Pro with 4" tires looks huge. My wife, who is an accomplished e-biker, refuses to even consider riding it. My question is, do the 3" tires reduce the impression of huge (the size) appreciably?

I'm going from road tires to fat bike tires so it'll be a huge difference for me. Plus with the weight I thought it's better to have bigger tires.

I'll finally be able to do a little gravel and trail as the skinny tires I was always afraid of hitting soft dirt. Maybe I just live with the 48AH 20AH and get at 52V or 56V on my next ebike. Thanks for providing all the feedback!

Wife and I were riding into the woods just a few minutes ago where we went through an intersection that was pretty sandy. Wife, who is riding a bike w/26x2.1 Marathons, let out a clearly audible "whoops!" as she went through it. There was nothing noticeable on the monster bike as it cleared it. Of course, when challenged about her "whoops" a few minutes later, in ANOTHER attempt to sell her on the fatty plan, she denies it. Gonna take a while, and some really crappy roads, but she'll come around.....

Wife and I were riding into the woods just a few minutes ago where we went through an intersection that was pretty sandy. Wife, who is riding a bike w/26x2.1 Marathons, let out a clearly audible "whoops!" as she went through it. There was nothing noticeable on the monster bike as it cleared it. Of course, when challenged about her "whoops" a few minutes later, in ANOTHER attempt to sell her on the fatty plan, she denies it. Gonna take a while, and some really crappy roads, but she'll come around.....
glad she was not hurt! you have to get her on a Fatbike!

If you think that Kobber's delivery routing was somewhat tortured, I think the following takes the prize. My City bike started off with Fedex in Delta BC, then went to Calgary AB, Riverdale MB, Thunder Bay ON, Timmins ON, Montreal QC, Dorval QC, and Ottawa ON, before I received it in Gatineau QC. The good news is that rather than the seven days that Fedex initially predicted, it only took five days to be delivered, with no dings or holes suffered by the box - good work Fedex!

One further note: my City bike arrived a couple of days ago and I did not have any problems with unpacking and assembling. Everything seems to be in pristine condition. The only glitches were that I found it difficult to use the included multi-tool, so I used my own tools to put it together and the bolt that attached the handlebar to the post was tough to screw in. I was pleasantly surprised to find that both the front wheel and the seat post have quick releases - maybe Rize should include that info in their product description.

Well I popped in the Biktrix 52volt pack no problem, fit perfectly,the bike booted up normal, note I did not go for a ride,but it does fit just fine.
So it's confirmed 52V works on Rize RX? Awesome! Now where to buy one...

So it's confirmed 52V works on Rize RX? Awesome! Now where to buy one...
lol not confirmed, as i said before it fit and the bike booted up fine "but i did not take it for a ride" so who knows and as someone just reminded me in another thread Bafang did update their newest firmware to reject a 52v pack and throw an error so check with Rize before you buy the Battery or you may have to roll back your firmware to make it work.

Front brake rotor rubbed on the stand when I spun the wheel. Found a quick video on adjusting: Loosen two 5mm mounting bolts on the caliper, spin wheel, squeeze brake very hard and hold it while retightening the mounting bolts. May have to do a few times to get mm perfect - which I did. Went from a rub that slowed the wheel to a stop, to free-spinning with no friction in a matter of 45 seconds. Love YouTube for the quick fixes.
Hi, I have the same bike with a bit of mileage on it 😆 curious what the stand you're using is...

Hi, I have the same bike with a bit of mileage on it 😆 curious what the stand you're using is...

I take the battery off when putting it on the stand and it's below the stand's maximum weight limit. I've been very happy with this stand and keep it folded up when not using it.

Back