Rize September 2020 Delivery Input and Updates

My delivery has pushed to the 8th. I'll be looking forward to assembly and ride reviews from those who are starting to receive their bikes. Enjoy everybody & ride safe!

Latest update on mine has it in Utah (en-route to Detroit area).

How many are leaving their new bikes stock for a while? If not, what are you changing right away. I'm assuming many (or most?) will be adding Slime or something similar for flat protection.

I'm going to street tires right away, and very likely changing the handlebars in an attempt at a more upright riding position. Maybe not quite beach cruiser style, but close. I'll call it old man style....

-Al

Last edited:
the Eagle has landed! tracking info said my RX would arrive monday but it showed up today! sweet!

Fedex updates are making it pretty clear the bike must be signed for in person. How was that for you? Did they give you a pretty specific time they were going to be there?

Nothing yet for me, no email! Ordered my RX Pro on Aug 4th:(

Did your payments hit your credit card? If so, it's got to be just a matter of time.

Latest update on mine has it in Utah.

How many are leaving their new bikes stock for a while? If not, what are you changing right away. I'm assuming many (or most?) will be adding Slime or something similar for flat protection.

I'm going to street tires right away, and very likely the handlebars in an attempt at a more upright riding position. Maybe not quite beach cruiser style, but close. I'll call it old man style....

-Al
i also like a more upright riding position so i will add BMX/Riser Bars asap and i already have a 27.5 trailbike so this one will get road tires!
check out some riser/BMX bars you may dig them!

Latest update on mine has it in Utah (en-route to Detroit area).

I'm going to street tires right away, and very likely changing the handlebars in an attempt at a more upright riding position. Maybe not quite beach cruiser style, but close. I'll call it old man style....

-Al

I plan on keeping it stock for as long as it works in stock configuration. Except for the bell, which I did order the Rize electric version since I'll be road riding.

Paid by etransfer, so funds long gone, but no bike yet!
Hang in there Woody55! We feel your pain! My order is scheduled for November...seems like a lifetime away. Imagine if we had ordered in June or July? What we're we thinking?

The riding season in your neck of the woods is coming to an end. Hopefully you have another bike laying around to get out and a bit a little bit.

I'm just surprised they asked for payment, and then don't provide a tracking # in a timely fashion. If they want the full payment that (in a perfect world) would mean that the bike is ready and they should be able to provide a tracking # within 3-5 days. It's kind of an odd way of doing business.

I'm guessing you ordered the RX Pro Black? AHicks ordered the silver on 9/23 and his is in route!o_O

Hang in there Woody55! We feel your pain! My order is scheduled for November...seems like a lifetime away. Imagine if we had ordered in June or July? What we're we thinking?

The riding season in your neck of the woods is coming to an end. Hopefully you have another bike laying around to get out and a bit a little bit.

I'm just surprised they asked for payment, and then don't provide a tracking # in a timely fashion. If they want the full payment that (in a perfect world) would mean that the bike is ready and they should be able to provide a tracking # within 3-5 days. It's kind of an odd way of doing business.

I'm guessing you ordered the RX Pro Black? AHicks ordered the silver on 9/23 and his is in route!o_O
Yup, ordered the black. unfortunately sold my regular bike a few weeks ago as i thought it was September delivery..lol

Yup, ordered the black. unfortunately sold my regular bike a few weeks ago as i thought it was September delivery..lol
Haha! 2 Days ago there was a September RX Black available. I almost ordered it (now it's sold out) because I was getting impatient waiting for the Black RX Pro for November. But the only difference is the 4 inch wheels, they should have taken the 4inch wheels off of AHicks Silver RX Pro and put it on the black RX and turned it into the Pro and sent to you as you were next in line ordering back in August. Not sure how big an impact it is swapping out the drive train with different tires. The frames may be different to accommodate for the 4 inch tires? I don't know..

Are they the same identical frame for both the RX and the RX Pro?

I'm just guessing here..not trying to stir up trouble..but it's a tough pill to swallow when you order 2 months before someone else the same model (different color) and they get they're bike before you do, and the riding season up there is coming to an end due to weather!

Go hike some of those trails til the bike shows up. Hiking is just as fun!

And remember...whatever we want...no matter what it is...as soon as we get it...we want something else.:D

Haha! 2 Days ago there was a September RX Black available. I almost ordered it (now it's sold out) because I was getting impatient waiting for the Black RX Pro for November. But the only difference is the 4 inch wheels, they should have taken the 4inch wheels off of AHicks Silver RX Pro and put it on the black RX and turned it into the Pro and sent to you as you were next in line ordering back in August. Not sure how big an impact it is swapping out the drive train with different tires. The frames may be different to accommodate for the 4 inch tires? I don't know..

Are they the same identical frame for both the RX and the RX Pro?

I'm just guessing here..not trying to stir up trouble..but it's a tough pill to swallow when you order 2 months before someone else the same model (different color) and they get they're bike before you do, and the riding season up there is coming to an end due to weather!

Go hike some of those trails til the bike shows up. Hiking is just as fun!

And remember...whatever we want...no matter what it is...as soon as we get it...we want something else.:D
The RX won’t accommodate fat tires. I asked. But it is likely possible to put a 27.5 or 29” wheelset on the Pro as long as the hub spacing is correct to create a skinny fat bike. Less rolling resistance for on road use.

Last edited:
FedEx now has my delivery for tomorrow as they pulled it in from Tuesday.
Excited the the weather in the next few days is looking good.

Interested in whatever handlebars you guys try out and the street tires. Definitely looking for a street commuter/cruiser vibe.

Tires- good price for what's supposed to be a pretty decent street tire, but watch delivery times. I think mine are coming via dog sled or something.... 2 weeks and counting. When I requested a status update a day or 2 ago, I was told that I had requested "standard freight" and that a month to get from Philly to Detroit wasn't that bad. Tracking shows they are shipped via USPS, but they appear to be mired down in Philly. That or USPS isn't bothering to update the tracking. Have seen that before too.

handlebars - I have these coming, but one or both may go back.

Been eyeing something like these mustache bars for quite some time. Want to check these out-

These are a little more conventional high rise, with just a little sweep back-

Noteworthy is the concern on my part for cable and wire lengths long enough to use something like this. I'll do what's necessary if I like them otherwise, but not everyone may care to do that. Just something to keep in mind. -Al

Last edited:
Tires- good price for what's supposed to be a pretty decent street tire, but watch delivery times. I think mine are coming via dog sled or something.... 2 weeks and counting. When I requested a status update a day or 2 ago, I was told that I had requested "standard freight" and that a month to get from Philly to Detroit wasn't that bad. Tracking shows they are shipped via USPS, but they appear to be mired down in Philly. That or USPS isn't bothering to update the tracking. Have seen that before too.

handlebars - I have these coming, but one or both may go back.

Been eyeing something like these mustache bars for quite some time. Want to check these out-

These are a little more conventional high rise, with just a little sweep back-

Noteworthy is the concern on my part for cable and wire lengths long enough to use something like this. I'll do what's necessary if I like them otherwise, but not everyone may care to do that. Just something to keep in mind. -Al
4 Inch Street tires? What benefit do you think will provide over the stock tires? More distance? I'm being serious I'm curious.

I was looking for a commuter but went with the Rize RX Pro (4 inch tires) as I want to be able to go over anything without a worry. Lots of dirt trails here in Southern California, and I figured I'd get a 2nd battery and throw it on the back rack to address the distance anxiety.

Finished installing the Harkin Hoist today. Had done some pre-work about 2 years ago to mount some 2x6 to the rafter and previously used Ratchet style tie downs to slowly lift the Jeep top to the garage ceiling. Used to take about 20 minutes to ratchet up the top. Now, with the hoist, I can do that in about 5 minutes and pull on a single block-tackle system to raise the entire top OR the bicycle.
Put a couple street bikes to the test after the install and was sooo easy to use the straps thru the frame and hoist the bike to working level. With 4 mounting points, it does sway a bit but not too much.
For me, this is a pretty sweet dual purpose solution and stays up about 6' 8" when not in use, so it is out of the way.
Just can't have a need to work on the bike, off the ground, when the jeep top is off. :)

Attachments

• Jeep-Bike Hoist.jpg
    Jeep-Bike Hoist.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 307
4 Inch Street tires? What benefit do you think will provide over the stock tires? More distance? I'm being serious I'm curious.

I was looking for a commuter but went with the Rize RX Pro (4 inch tires) as I want to be able to go over anything without a worry. Lots of dirt trails here in Southern California, and I figured I'd get a 2nd battery and throw it on the back rack to address the distance anxiety.
The knobby Kenda’s are quite noisy; my wife and daughter tell me that I don’t need a bell😉. A smooth tread is quieter and rolls better.

Back