RideControl App Issue

Ofarrell

Hi Everyone. I have had a my Giant for a while but just decided to try and use the RideControl App as I heard there was an upgrade for my bike. Every time I try to set up an account I get Registration Failed. Unknown Error. Ive tried two android phones... both Samsung. Ive tried it on Wifi. Ive tried it via LTE. The App can see the bike just fine... thats not the issue... its creating the account. Anyone have or had this issue before?

The RideControl app is a rubbish. Don't use. Giant promise a brand new app in a few months.

I had my giant e-bike for about 4 weeks and the other night would not let me log in said error just gave up and just use strava now.

To be honest, Im less interested in the App for ongoing purposes as I am the Bike Software/firmware update. My LBS shut down due to covid (well, sold all the stock and shuttered) and the next closest isnt that close so asking them to do it is a bit of a planning event. Also in need of a rack for the car which I have been putting off :) I use map my ride for most purposes... does what I need. I dont suppose there is an alternate way to get the firmware update like a direct USB connection?

To be honest, Im less interested in the App for ongoing purposes as I am the Bike Software/firmware update. My LBS shut down due to covid (well, sold all the stock and shuttered) and the next closest isnt that close so asking them to do it is a bit of a planning event. Also in need of a rack for the car which I have been putting off :) I use map my ride for most purposes... does what I need. I dont suppose there is an alternate way to get the firmware update like a direct USB connection?
Buy your rack from Amazon, that's what I did.

Why do you want the firmware update? What are the advantages?

Sorry for the delay. Had a bit of a health emergency. Anyway, I had read that the new firmware updated the Automatic mode on my explorer and my wifes Lafree. I cant find the info I read at the moment tho so of course I cant prove it :)

Anyone's issue with logons improve? I finally used mine to tweak power levels as I always found that Eco was too strong. I lowered ECO, ECO+ and NORMAL. I left SPORT and TURBO the same, as I only ever use them in more extreme climbs. I may have the names wrong, as I generally just refer to them as 1 to 5 since I have the minimalist controller with the LEDS.

I bought a Rockymounts rack from Amazon. It was less expensive than what my LBS carried and lighter, too, tho strong enough for Giant ebikes.

Update. Although I can still connect, I see my power tuning reverted back to factory. Even less impressed...

Oh wow... Okay, I will check mine out in a few days. Got me a case of cellulitis on my foot so cant really walk or go for a ride right now. Talk about painful. So whats the consensus... if there is one... should you update the firmware to the latest or just stick with the stock that came?

New version allowed me to connect, which I couldn't do before. Will re-post when I use it for a ride.
Was your new version demanding a firmware update before, and now that's cleared up?

I had the firmware updated at my LBS but the most recent version of the app couldn't see it and would not function.

Back