Refunds on late unfulfilled orders

Drenthe

Region
USA
I ordered my Himiway bike on 2-24 amd was planning to take it with me on a trip that is coming up soon. Himiway estimated a one week ship time.
I just checked my order and it said that it was still unfulfilled.
I have requested a refund and now I see that they charge an 8% refund fee even if they haven’t shipped. Is this the norm?

I ordered my Himiway bike on 2-24 amd was planning to take it with me on a trip that is coming up soon. Himiway estimated a one week ship time.
I have requested a refund and now I see that they charge an 8% refund fee even if they haven’t shipped. Is this the norm?
Sounds like a rip-off. List your product as being in stock with immediate or relatively fast shipping, then not deliver on that because they probably don't even have stock at all. Then to top it off, they charge 8% if you cancel something that hasn't even shipped? They will be out nothing by refunding you, and yet they've figured out a way to profit from that situation that I'll bet happens all the time. There's just too many of these fly by night e-bike companies, and more popping up all the time.

I'm sure it's in their fine print somewhere...I've seen a couple other companies have 3% cancel fees because they say that is what your credit card company charged them when your order went through. 8% though is crazy. With Himiway you're dealing with an completely oversees company with no actual presence in the US.

I'm sure it's in their fine print somewhere...I've seen a couple other companies have 3% cancel fees because they say that is what your credit card company charged them when your order went through. 8% though is crazy. With Himiway you're dealing with an completely oversees company with no actual presence in the US.
The credit card company charges a business between 2&3%, and quite often reverses that either in full or partially when a refund is applied.

Last edited:
If they won't give you a full refund and they represented a one week delivery that they failed to honor, I would file a complaint with my credit card company. You might point out that they are still showing the bike "in stock" yet they have not shipped promptly as promised.

If they won't give you a full refund and they represented a one week delivery that they failed to honor, I would file a complaint with my credit card company. You might point out that they are still showing the bike "in stock" yet they have not shipped promptly as promised.
I agree! You have been saved.
Even if you take a hit you didn't end up with a crappy bike.
I had a Himiway this weekend. It died trying to go up a hill a regular mid-drive eBike can fly up. It was a mess of wires and zip ties and weighed a ton. It was 18.2Kg in the rear and 14.3Kg in the front. That porker is 71.61 pounds! The center of gravity was way too high at 200mm above the axles. A decent eBike weighs 40% less and will have climbing ability, agility, and a center of gravity much closer to the axles. A Himiway cannot make it up a curb without destroying the rear wheel. Jim, the Himiway's owner paid $89 to get a $16 part that did not work and that he ordered from them in October of the year 2020 AD.

Attachments

• Himiway01.JPG
    Himiway01.JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 311
They deleted the “unfulfilled” status after I sent them an email requesting the refund. They promised to ship in one week amd a two to three week delivery.

They deleted the “unfulfilled” status after I sent them an email requesting the refund. They promised to ship in one week amd a two to three week delivery.
2-3 weeks shipping? Where the heck are they located? Not support in the US for sure. There are so many rip-off e-bike companies these days. Hope this works out for you. Be careful people.

They have containers arrive every five weeks to Long Beach, CA. A third party freight forwarder handles the containers. There is no US staff or support. That is why it took 6-months to get a part for a new bike that died. They are not in "substantial compliance" now with the original contract so get out now and buy a decent bike.
If you finally get tracking on this bike in two or three months you will find that it is junky to ride and that it is unsupported.

All these Direct to the public bike suppliers are crooked and dishonest . Why do you think they put the warranty , order forms in Lawyer type verbiage and length ? To discourage you from reading because its a pain in the ass to read and try to understand . The best and most reliable company I have done business with is BTN or Euronau but had a couple problems due to language barrier . The two I had the most trouble with are very well known . I am done buying e-bikes from dealers or online suppliers , nothing but bad experiences . If I need or want anything else I will build it .

Last edited:
They have containers arrive every five weeks to Long Beach, CA. A third party freight forwarder handles the containers. There is no US staff or support. That is why it took 6-months to get a part for a new bike that died. They are not in "substantial compliance" now with the original contract so get out now and buy a decent bike.
If you finally get tracking on this bike in two or three months you will find that it is junky to ride and that it is unsupported.
I asked for a refund. Just hoping I don’t have to do a charge back with my card.

All these Direct to the public bike suppliers are crooked and dishonest .
Stop. If I had to deal with the whining, I refund and block from any future orders. You CHOSE a reseller direct to customer. The nature of the beast.

Stop. If I had to deal with the whining, I refund and block from any future orders. You CHOSE a reseller direct to customer. The nature of the beast.
So "nature of the beast" is to lie about stock availability and shipping times, then charge a fee when you don't deliver as promised and the duped customer requests a refund?

I ordered a 625wh battery over 4.5 months ago but won’t be charged til it ships. I was willing to put half down for my wife’s Lowstep but no more as the shipping date was a real question mark at the time.

I'll stick with either local or at least US brick and mortar bike shops that will ship name brand bikes and accessories then. I know Rad is a reputable company and buying from Costco has little risk, but other than that I'll stay away. Good luck to those of you who go this direct buy route, but buyer beware for sure.

Back