Refunds on late unfulfilled orders

PLONK Every reseller's nightmare. Sadly you even bash and trash the good guys.

Last edited:
PLONK Every reseller's nightmare. Sadly you even bash and trash the good guys.
I only say the truth as it pertains to me and if thats not good for a reseller then something is wrong on their end . Who is the good guy and who says he is or isnt , you ? How about we let this horse die and agree to disagree .

This is my correspondence with these thieves.

Hi Randy,

Step-thru is really worth the wait from customers' feedback. We'll urge the warehouse to expedite the process. We'd like to offer you a rearview mirror instead if you keep the order. Please rethink.

Thank you!

Best,

------------------
Nabi
Himiway Bike sales service support
Email: [email protected]
Phone:1-816-399-3680
viewfile

------------------ Original ------------------
Date: Tue, Mar 9, 2021 06:38 PM
To: "Icey"<[email protected]>;

Subject: Re: Himiway Bike (HIMIWAY16005123 Step- Thru Order)

You clearly stated 2-3 weeks. Please refund my money. A $120 refund fee is ridiculous but I won’t argue right now. Please promptly refund.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 8, 2021, at 9:53 PM, Icey <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear Randy,

Thank you for choosing Himiway!
This is Nabi and glad to assist you with your inquiry.

Step-Thru is pre-order and is scheduled to ship in April, which clearly states on our website. We'd like to offer you $50 refund if you keep the order. According to our Refund policy, there'll be 8% cancellation fees applied for any ebike orders canceled before shipment. So please rethink. Thank you!

For any further inquiries, we are here to help 24/7.

Best,

------------------
Nabi
Himiway Bike sales service support
Email: [email protected]
Phone:1-816-399-3680
viewfile

------------------ Original ------------------
Date: Tue, Mar 9, 2021 01:09 AM
To: "service"<[email protected]>;

Subject: HIMIWAY16005123

The bike was not shipped anywhere near the date promised. I wish to cancel my order and I shouldn’t be charged a fee since the order is still unfulfilled.

Sent from my iPhone

Wow! How rude. I’m constantly amazed by the maker direct to rider business model. A modicum of research and you’ll find that MOST direct to consumer eBikes are seriously back ordered and in an exploding market . Add Chinese New Year delays for a real cluster F.

posting emails with someones address and contact numbers is rude

Wow! How rude. I’m constantly amazed by the maker direct to rider business model. A modicum of research and you’ll find that MOST direct to consumer eBikes are seriously back ordered and in an exploding market . Add Chinese New Year delays for a real cluster F.

posting emails with someones address and contact numbers is rude
What are you talking about? This is the companies email. Amd if you are with the company please be aware that I will post complaints about your company on every forum unless you refund my money now!

being rude and posting email addresses and like my pal in AZ using EBR to trash another dealer when it really came down to the huge backlog of eBike builds after a year of record sales.
These guys won’t acknowledge my request for a refund and are charging 8% fee for refund on an unfulfilled order. Lol

They reference a return policy which means you got a product and returned it. You did not get a product and are requesting a refund on a contractual obligation that was unfulfilled. Check the specific wording of the return policy. It is possible you can argue that, as you have nothing to return as they failed to honor their part of a contract, you will accept a full refund and not pursue a claim for time value of money.

Just letting you know that Cruiser step thru and Escape are both pre-order, it usually takes 1-2 months to get ready to ship out. Only the black Cruiser will be shipped in 1-2weeks because they are in stock. The info is clearly labled on the website.

Attachments

• E0A5909C-46D2-466d-B9AD-E0C796DBD254.png
    E0A5909C-46D2-466d-B9AD-E0C796DBD254.png
    352.2 KB · Views: 253
  • C83461DE-1C40-45fd-A42B-59C8154B8C41.png
    C83461DE-1C40-45fd-A42B-59C8154B8C41.png
    334.1 KB · Views: 243
Just letting you know that Cruiser step thru and Escape are both pre-order, it usually takes 1-2 months to get ready to ship out. Only the black Cruiser will be shipped in 1-2weeks because they are in stock. The info is clearly labled on the website.
How many company reps are on this page?
can you tell me why you charge 8% for an unfulfilled order that was canceled?

How many company reps are on this page?
can you tell me why you charge 8% for an unfulfilled order that was canceled?
Really, with backorders, short supply and delivery delays, how difficult will it be to sell the bike if it is already halfway across the Pacific when the order is cancelled?

I have been told to expect a refund in about 10 days minus the 8% fee. So buyer beware.
Just curious, why let them get away with that without a vigorous response? Have you read the Oberst link about charges for goods not delivered within stated timeframe (even if verbal)? If you paid by CC call CC support up and explain the situation and the info from the Oberst link. Several years ago I had paid for something autopay on CC (a nationwide, well known company at the time - I think it is out of business now - not a surprise). Business kept trying to charge my CC even when service was discontinued. Their non-US based, barely English speaking customer service clearly wasn't going to comply. CC company support told me this type of billing wasn't uncommon, they pulled back the money paid and said they would keep denying payment until the company "got the idea". Your situation might be different but I'd for sure go that route before surrendering my hard earned money, if your version is accurate.

Last edited:
The tsouris and aggravation people put themselves through to save a buck, often takes so much time and takes much of the joy out. Is it really worth it?

I know that some by dint of circumstance have to put more weight on going with the lowest bidder. But if you really don't have to, how much adrenalin, lost riding time and time spent on the phone & emailing unresponsive or uncooperative people are you willing to expend to save a few hundred dollars.

This stuff is supposed to be fun.

Last edited:
Their free returns info on the website says you must advise them within 15 days of receipt I believe. I think you are safely within that stated time period. If they want to refer you to their terms and conditions, refer them back to their terms and conditions!

Seems like many of these startup companies that have their name slapped on a generic Chinese e-bike are run this way. Any support here in the US? Not likely. Buyer beware. Support if there's a problem or warranty issue will likely not exist. You just purchased a bike that is maybe (or maybe not yet) on the assembly line in China that makes bikes for 50 different brand names. Then the bike and many others wait at port in China for a container to be available so it can hit the water. After it arrives at the US port and gets released by customs, it gets shipped to a warehouse and then finally to you. No thanks, dude.

Back