Reention Battery Ground Washer Needed.

cackle

Region
USA
I have a Ebike with a Reention 48v battery where it has a washer between the battery and the battery holder mounted on the frame.
This washer wore out. Its some sort of ground washer made out of foil, coated on one side, and has a little metal connecter or something so it grounds the battery to the frame so
you don't get shocked or at least that's my guess.

Because the washer wore out, the battery is now a bit loose and every time I hit a bump, I lose power until I hit the battery back into place.
Very annoying!! I cant find this washer anywhere, I ride this bike everyday in tough terrain, I don't want to get jolted and fly off a cliff...

Pics attached...

Anyone know where I can pick one up? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20210511_171841[1].jpg
    20210511_171841[1].jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 20210511_171851[1].jpg
    20210511_171851[1].jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 198
I have a Ebike with a Reention 48v battery where it has a washer between the battery and the battery holder mounted on the frame.
This washer wore out. Its some sort of ground washer made out of foil, coated on one side, and has a little metal connecter or something so it grounds the battery to the frame so
you don't get shocked or at least that's my guess.

Because the washer wore out, the battery is now a bit loose and every time I hit a bump, I lose power until I hit the battery back into place.
Very annoying!! I cant find this washer anywhere, I ride this bike everyday in tough terrain, I don't want to get jolted and fly off a cliff...

Pics attached...

Anyone know where I can pick one up? Thanks in advance!
Is there still a nut on the outside of the battery port and same on the bike? If they are loose it will cause the battery to wiggle try to tighten those nuts I have had 3 retention batteries and none of them had a thin foil around the connector they all have nuts

yes, they were loose on both ends, tightening did help a bit. But again, I'm more worried about why this is there and dont want to be on a cliff on a rainy day and get shocked and fly off a cliff. Is there any horror stories with these batteries like that? :D

yes, they were loose on both ends, tightening did help a bit. But again, I'm more worried about why this is there and dont want to be on a cliff on a rainy day and get shocked and fly off a cliff. Is there any horror stories with these batteries like that? :D
Not that I have heard of anyway the battery has an internal BMS I assume the ground is done through that or one of the cables

The mount just has a couple screws that go through the plastic no special grounding screws or anything

Can you send a picture of where it came from

Was found here on the battery holder case... I did buy this Ebike online and had it shipped. I guess its possible they might have just put this in for transit reasons.
Since no one seems to know what it is, and its a brand people are aware of.. Thanks for the reply...

Attachments

• 20210515_154322[1].jpg
    20210515_154322[1].jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 208
No yeah your good looks the same as the rest of them I have seen including my own and had many pouring rain rides

Did this ever get sorted out @cackle ?

If not I can hook you up with sites to buy whole replacement brackets or just the electrical connector which includes that washer.

Back