Rear rack measurement, dog carrier

okievision

Region
USA
Just joined the fun, 2 XP Step throughs ordered a week ago so the waiting begins.
Wife and I are owned by a 20lb mini Schnauzer and leaving him behind is not an option.
Could someone please measure length and width of the factory rear rack? I can then begin planning something for him to ride in.
Hope to be around and hopefully contribute eventually and not just ask for help. Thank you
Ride on!

Just joined the fun, 2 XP Step throughs ordered a week ago so the waiting begins.
Wife and I are owned by a 20lb mini Schnauzer and leaving him behind is not an option.
Could someone please measure length and width of the factory rear rack? I can then begin planning something for him to ride in.
Hope to be around and hopefully contribute eventually and not just ask for help. Thank you
Ride on!
Just buy a $10 milk crate at Lowes and attach with zip ties. Fits perfectly. Add a little blankey and Fido is all set..

Attachments

• Lectric wrapped.jpg
    Lectric wrapped.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 308
That was our first thought too but He's not fitting in it. tested one, we have a overly large mini, lol.
I think they do make a longer rectangle crate though which is a possibility. Trying to avoid pulling a trailer.
Thanks for the suggestion. Been looking at some tube frame soft sides and trying to compare their dimensions to the rack, just don't know the size.

Heard horror stories of zip ties breaking down overtime due to sun and weather etc. and snapping. The thread was about water bottle cages and the guy claimed he saw a multiple bike pile up caused by this. Maybe use straps, cheap at harbor freight or amazon.

Ride on!
Can your bikes mount front racks? Mount a milk crate there. You can see what's going on and so can they.
We just got an 8 week old Frenchie female this past weekend. Up front or no riding for her.
Wifey recently had a mini-Schnauzer and an Airdale. Everyone in the family has a dog if not two per household
Replace the zip ties every year or so if that's the route you go.

CN

Back