Raleigh Redux iE 2017 - monitor issue help needed

EC2015

Hi all,
I’m new here and need Your help badly.
I have a 2017 Raleigh Redux iE with Brose motor and having an issue with it’s head unit(monitor). I can’t get any power to it.
I moved to Japan recently and brought two bikes with me. Both were working perfectly and I ended up selling one since my wife was not using much. Fortunately that one I sold is working fine, but mine is not.
I did find out that the monitor itself on my bike is fine and battery is also fine since I had a chance to swap them with the bike I sold and they worked perfectly on it.
I did check the connections (battery, plugs on the motor itself, etc) and also took the head unit mounting base a part and checked on the the small connectors on it. I could not fine anything wrong with them.
However, when I opened the non drive side motor cover panel I did find a wire (Orange)that is not connected to anything. I looked to see where it may got disconnected from, but I could not find any.
I can’t compare with the bike I sold since I don’t know who has it now.
I’m attaching a photo of this wire and it’s location. Does anyone here had any similar issues? If so how did you fix it?
Does anyone know about this wire? Where it goes or ??
Please let me know. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 03DDF284-39B7-4770-A07B-10948CF72A83.jpeg
    03DDF284-39B7-4770-A07B-10948CF72A83.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 581
The connector that the pink wire goes into appears to have an orange wire coming out the other side.

Thanks. I see that also, but this orange wire is out on its own. All other wires are connected.
Unless there is a connector which may require 2 wires and this orange one is one of the two.
But looking at the connections I don’t see any of them may had another wire attached to it.
So it’s a mystery and I need to solve it soon so I can start using the bike again!!

Without a wiring diagram for the controller, it's a guess. But everything else is matched color to color, so my expectation is the same holds true for the orange wire.

It's possible it came as you suggested, with two wires (orange and pink?) Sharing the same port.

That looks like a very fine gauge wire, so it's likely it snapped at the cut, leaving behind only copper strands inside the connector, but no orange insulation.

Without a wiring diagram for the controller, it's a guess. But everything else is matched color to color, so my expectation is the same holds true for the orange wire.

It's possible it came as you suggested, with two wires (orange and pink?) Sharing the same port.

That looks like a very fine gauge wire, so it's likely it snapped at the cut, leaving behind only copper strands inside the connector, but no orange insulation.

Thanks, I was thinking of the same, but I just can’t find any trace of where It might came off from. It’s very odd.
I checked all the connectors and connections including the battery connections. All are in good shape.
I wish there’s someone in Japan familiar with Brose powered bikes. So far I had no luck. I have called a few e-bike dealers in the near by city for help, but all said the same, they will not touch my bike. I guess my only option now is to take the bike back to California once we can travel safely again...

Back