Radrunner lcd display alternatives?

OEM = Original Equipment as Manufactured

Or in other words, the controller it was originally assembled with. NOT something purchased aftermarket.
Yes, I know what OEM is , you said the OEM controller is the original one right, that is what we can compat with.

Hey, i'm not sure if this is too off-topic but I noticed that the radrunner looks like it has an identical display to the new ariel rider rideal that's coming out. It seems to be the king-meter t320, but the bike hasn't been released yet so there is no way to fully confirm on the back yet. If this is also the same display, does that mean the rideal would also be a drop in replacement for the display like the radmission/radrunner are?

W6UwSVR.png

Hey, i'm not sure if this is too off-topic but I noticed that the radrunner looks like it has an identical display to the new ariel rider rideal that's coming out. It seems to be the king-meter t320, but the bike hasn't been released yet so there is no way to fully confirm on the back yet. If this is also the same display, does that mean the rideal would also be a drop in replacement for the display like the radmission/radrunner are?

W6UwSVR.png
Hi, yes, it is King-meter's prodect, in fact, if you seen this shape of LED display, it is made by us. but I need to tell you it may not be replacable for Rad bikes, because they may use different communication protocol to the controller. don't try it, unless you give me the series number of Ariel Rider display.

Hi Kongrui1984,

I have a new eBike with Front/Rear Bafang 750W Motors G060 (G060.750.DC 48V 750W).
I have two 25Amp controllers and two Samsung batteries 17.8AH each

They are connected to your companies King-Meter SW-LCD.

Issues observed:

1. Battery management is not working - I have contacted manufacturer who are consulting with King-Meter now
2. There is a 2-3 second throttle delay which cannot be removed from the Menu items - Throttle response is delayed and it is really annoying. In many situation, a rider needs immediate access to Current to get out of a dangerous situation.
3. Speed Limit of 40 km/h cannot be changed. This makes no sense. In the USA, class 3 eBikes are allowed up to 28 mph (45 km/h) and furthermore, there are No Limits when you use your eBike off-roading (except in posted limit area).
4. Maximum current from Controllers cannot be achieved. My two controllers are rated for 25 Amps and the King-Meter limits my current to 22 Amps. I am not even sure if it is limited to 22 Amps Total (11 Amps each controller or 22 Amps limit each)?

I also have a Sondors eBike with a Bafang 500W Motor and a 15 Amp controller (KT-LCD?). On that controller a simple code brings you to an advanced programming menu where you can remove the speed limit, increase current, etc. On that Bike I can ride at 22 mph!

I am sure that if the limits are removed on the King-Meter controller I would enjoy much better performance on my new eBike

How do I access the advanced menu to change some of the controllers values? I tried some key presses and it did bring me to an advance menu, however it asks for a Code to get in.

Any assistance or help would benefit many!

Thanks

The trouble with RAD and EggRider.

UPDATE: if you have Rad bike please use RadPower Mode running strategy with caution. If you see current higher than 25A I would strongly suggest not use this mode anymore. We are investigating some potential issues.
I know many of you are waiting for the new release.
Mobile apps are now approved in the app stores. (for now available only for beta testers)
I would really appreciate some feedback from the beta testers. Please let us know how it goes.
We added some guidelines for the firmware update to v2.5.17, please see here:
https://manual.eggrider.com/.../firmware_update/overview/...
The firmware v2.5.17 is now on bitbucket.
To join the Android beta:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.eggbikes.EggRider
To join the iOS beta:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/XEu11F03
Release notes here:
https://manual.eggrider.com/release_notes/overview/
Stay safe and enjoy your ride!
Display - Firmware Update - Overview | EggRider user manual

MANUAL.EGGRIDER.COM
Display - Firmware Update - Overview | EggRider user manual
Personalize your ebike ride with EggRider V2 display

Hi Kongrui1984,

I have a new eBike with Front/Rear Bafang 750W Motors G060 (G060.750.DC 48V 750W).
I have two 25Amp controllers and two Samsung batteries 17.8AH each

They are connected to your companies King-Meter SW-LCD.

Issues observed:

1. Battery management is not working - I have contacted manufacturer who are consulting with King-Meter now, what management do you need for the battery? check more battery info? it is need to communicate with the BMS, if you cannot receive the data, it may because you donot have that communication.
2. There is a 2-3 second throttle delay which cannot be removed from the Menu items - Throttle response is delayed and it is really annoying. In many situation, a rider needs immediate access to Current to get out of a dangerous situation. the throttle is separatly connected to the controller ,so it has nothing to do with the display.
3. Speed Limit of 40 km/h cannot be changed. This makes no sense. In the USA, class 3 eBikes are allowed up to 28 mph (45 km/h) and furthermore, there are No Limits when you use your eBike off-roading (except in posted limit area). 40km/h speed is so fast bro, usually we set the speed limit range in 12-40km/h, so 40 is the max limit.
4. Maximum current from Controllers cannot be achieved. My two controllers are rated for 25 Amps and the King-Meter limits my current to 22 Amps. I am not even sure if it is limited to 22 Amps Total (11 Amps each controller or 22 Amps limit each)? Do you use 2 controllers and 2 battery together in the same time? actually we have advanced options according to your current protocol, please give me your firmware version number, pressing and hold all three buttons in the same time, it will comes out the version number. If you can take a photo of the series number on the back of the display will be better for more info.

I also have a Sondors eBike with a Bafang 500W Motor and a 15 Amp controller (KT-LCD?). On that controller a simple code brings you to an advanced programming menu where you can remove the speed limit, increase current, etc. On that Bike I can ride at 22 mph!

I am sure that if the limits are removed on the King-Meter controller I would enjoy much better performance on my new eBike

How do I access the advanced menu to change some of the controllers values? I tried some key presses and it did bring me to an advance menu, however it asks for a Code to get in. I need the series number to make sure the password.

Any assistance or help would benefit many!

Thanks
Hi, please check the red words above

Hi, yes, it is King-meter's prodect, in fact, if you seen this shape of LED display, it is made by us. but I need to tell you it may not be replacable for Rad bikes, because they may use different communication protocol to the controller. don't try it, unless you give me the series number of Ariel Rider display.
Well, it took way longer for it to get here than expected but here is the display. Would love to know if this is upgradable or not, I appreciate it.

Attachments

• 20210726_160024.jpg
    20210726_160024.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 295
Dear all , dear kongrui

I own an eBike with a 500w Bafang rear motor , a Tongsheng KZQW22A3 controller piloted by a S900 display . A pretty hybrid combination... I've monitored the communication between the last two and it is almost a standard Tongsheng original protocol with a minor customization . I can find spare part motor and controller but I am stucked at the display... I've ordered a new S900 but he's speaking totally other language ... Any suggestions on flashing the new display ? The microcontroller in the old one is read protected ... . Here is the picture of the old display and the Tongsheng-ese spoken by my devices :)

Attachments

• S900_spate.jpg
    S900_spate.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 221
  • tongsheng protocol.pdf
    309.6 KB · Views: 306
Well, it took way longer for it to get here than expected but here is the display. Would love to know if this is upgradable or not, I appreciate it.
@kongrui1984 sorry to bump so long after but I was still curious about this and never saw a response. I saw that since my last post eggrider has added support for the controller with this display using lishui protocol with rx/tx swapped so it seems to be lcd compatible.

Is that the case?

@kongrui1984 sorry to bump so long after but I was still curious about this and never saw a response. I saw that since my last post eggrider has added support for the controller with this display using lishui protocol with rx/tx swapped so it seems to be lcd compatible.

Is that the case?
See their online manual for compatibility. Be aware the RAD connector is opposite of the Bafang version.

Hello!
Anybody here that had a chance in replacing the standard LED display with a (color) display one?

Hi It is possible , but cost much...

My translation. I think the answer is no. Possible but an undeveloped product with a high development cost.

Pretty color displays do nothing o improve a ride. But like those 20” fatbikes they are all the rage. I do like tech stuff and am an Apple head. iPhone, iPad, and iWatch. But each far exceeds the functions of any pretty eBike display. There are homely displays that have FAR more useful functionalit.

Last edited:
My translation. I think the answer is no. Possible but an undeveloped product with a high development cost.

Pretty color displays do nothing o improve a ride. But like those 20” fatbikes they are all the rage. I do like tech stuff and am an Apple head. iPhone, iPad, and iWatch. But each far exceeds the functions of any pretty eBike display. There are homely displays that have FAR more useful functionalit.
Hello!
Anybody here that had a chance in replacing the standard LED display with a (color) display one?
I think it also spends on what model and year Rad you have. Subtle differences year to year until recently when Rad changed the Rover and City.

I agree that functionality is the key, I had the KT display (and controller) on my Rover and really liked the options available and the ability to change settings easily.

I really like to have a voltage display instead of the the typical battery with 5 bars.

Hi , If you have any question about the King-meter display, you can just ask me, I'm a staff working in King-meter now.
If you want to have your display replacement, tell me the series number on the back of the display, I can give you recommandations.:)
@kongrui1984 - any chance you're still here? i am attaching photo of my serial number on back of display for Rad Mini v4... Rad is asking $100 so wondering if i can go with any s900 i find (~$45 amazon right now) or if there's something special about Rad's? also wondering if there's any color options like the nice low profile Bafang "500c" I see out there.

Attachments

• PXL_20230418_005601362.jpg
    PXL_20230418_005601362.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 144
  • PXL_20230418_005654026.jpg
    PXL_20230418_005654026.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 157
Back