Radrunner lcd display alternatives?

Hi , If you have any question about the King-meter display, you can just ask me, I'm a staff working in King-meter now.
If you want to have your display replacement, tell me the series number on the back of the display, I can give you recommandations.:)
I have a question. How do you unlock the OEM Rad controllers (SW-900)? If that's not possible, would an identical display purchased on the aftermarket be able to be reconfigured per the King Meter owner's manual?

I have a question. How do you unlock the OEM Rad controllers (SW-900)? If that's not possible, would an identical display purchased on the aftermarket be able to be reconfigured per the King Meter owner's manual?
You can't unlock the controller without doing some hacking....you need to know how to program the controller and a have a special cable to connect to your controller (not the display) from your computer. Trust me. I have been looking into this.

One thing I need to correct is our King-meter call it SW-LCD, the SW900 is from another manufacturer which copied our design.
we make the display for Rad power according their request, it is set in the protocol, if the speed limit is locked as their request, then no way to unlock it. but as I know, the speed limit is adjustable by setting.
For the display replacement, even exactly same style on the aftermarket , you can not 100% sure is usable to replace the original one, because the protocol may different.

You can't unlock the controller without doing some hacking....you need to know how to program the controller and a have a special cable to connect to your controller (not the display) from your computer. Trust me. I have been looking into this.
Thanks for the explanation, now I know "unlock" means hacking the controller. I 'm interest to know more about it, why do you guys want to hack the controller? overclock the motor? unlock the speed?

Thanks for the explanation, now I know "unlock" means hacking the controller. I 'm interest to know more about it, why do you guys want to hack the controller? overclock the motor? unlock the speed?
Thanks for the SW-LCD/SW900 clarification.

Unlocking the speed would be just the tip of the iceberg here. Ability to control how quickly the motor responds to throttle input (immediate vs. soft start), ability to control each individual PAS speed (especially PAS 1 and PAS 2), cadence sensitivity, ability to switch between speed based PAS and power based PAS - I can think of a LOT of ways to improve the rider experience using the OEM RAD controller. I'm pretty sure others could add to that list.

How about a trip meter that doesn't reset every time the power is cycled?

One thing I need to correct is our King-meter call it SW-LCD, the SW900 is from another manufacturer which copied our design.
we make the display for Rad power according their request, it is set in the protocol, if the speed limit is locked as their request, then no way to unlock it. but as I know, the speed limit is adjustable by setting.
For the display replacement, even exactly same style on the aftermarket , you can not 100% sure is usable to replace the original one, because the protocol may different.
Hi , If you have any question about the King-meter display, you can just ask me, I'm a staff working in King-meter now.
If you want to have your display replacement, tell me the series number on the back of the display, I can give you recommandations.:)
Hi, I have an SW-LCD on my Overfly ebike and was considering replacing it with a King-Meter color LCD display. Do you offer a direct replacement for an SW-LCD or am I required to change my current controller as well? Thanks!

Thanks for the SW-LCD/SW900 clarification.

Unlocking the speed would be just the tip of the iceberg here. Ability to control how quickly the motor responds to throttle input (immediate vs. soft start), ability to control each individual PAS speed (especially PAS 1 and PAS 2), cadence sensitivity, ability to switch between speed based PAS and power based PAS - I can think of a LOT of ways to improve the rider experience using the OEM RAD controller. I'm pretty sure others could add to that list.

How about a trip meter that doesn't reset every time the power is cycled?
Ok,as I know not all the controller support the programing by hacking cable, Lishui and Bafang support it.

Ok,as I know not all the controller support the programing by hacking cable, Lishui and Bafang support it.
So to be clear, you are saying Kingmeter does support "programming by hacking cable", or are you saying it does not support "programming by hacking cable"?

So to be clear, you are saying Kingmeter does support "programming by hacking cable", or are you saying it does not support "programming by hacking cable"?
Lishui & Bafang have their own cables and software to do the programming. even bafang have software that making by individual fun, you can modifying the data and settings by it.
On the other hand , we King-meter have our own cable and programmer to do the modifications ,only for some function settings that cannot be set by users.

Lishui & Bafang have their own cables and software to do the programming. even bafang have software that making by individual fun, you can modifying the data and settings by it.
On the other hand , we King-meter have our own cable and programmer to do the modifications ,only for some function settings that cannot be set by users.
I'm aware of the Bafang mid drive process, have used it, and love it. Was not aware Lishui had it, learned something new!

I suspected King-meter had it, but is not sharing access to it, which I feel is unfortunate. On the other hand, it does allow 3rd party vendors to make a living selling drop in performance replacements - from KT.

Thank You! -Al

I'm aware of the Bafang mid drive process, have used it, and love it. Was not aware Lishui had it, learned something new!

I suspected King-meter had it, but is not sharing access to it, which I feel is unfortunate. On the other hand, it does allow 3rd party vendors to make a living selling drop in performance replacements - from KT.

Thank You! -Al
Bafang's official programing kits & software is like this:
1610410522473.png

User accounts registered is needed, maybe every single logon is monitoring by bafang, the user account they only allows assenbling factory and big brand customer to use. Bafang usually donot offer authority to individual users even small wholesalers.

Lishui's is like this:
1610410620345.png

also need a programmer
1610410679657.png

Our programming kits is not like theirs, we only offer the update access with the programmer, but the program file is edit by our technician, we give the files to assemble factoris to make update. so no use for indicidual users.

kongrui1984-

This is getting off topic a bit, but Bafang's software is open source, available to anyone that want's it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18DCTQoQZ7MHID-rxkPJW6t_q_wPZr-1m/view

That software, and this cable (just one of hundreds available), are all you need to program all parameters in the Ultra and BBSxx series motors.

kongrui1984-

This is getting off topic a bit, but Bafang's software is open source, available to anyone that want's it.

That software, and this cable (just one of hundreds available), are all you need to program all parameters in the Ultra and BBSxx series motors.

That is what I said made by individuals, it is really a hacking tool

kongrui1984-

Do you have any experience doing this? This has been what I have been looking for, I think. I just want to tweak some of the settings on the motor but assumed I would need to do that through the controller.

Do you have any experience doing this? This has been what I have been looking for, I think. I just want to tweak some of the settings on the motor but assumed I would need to do that through the controller.

Thanks for the link to the thread, very helpful!

I hate being the first to try any experiment, but go for it Renegade! I had to make my own cable from scratch (a forum did provide instructions) and order a thumb drive form a stranger but I managed to bypass the dealer when working on my wifes Can-AM Spyder. Trust me, I was nervous plugging into a $25,000 bike the first time but it worked perfect!

Back