Radrunner lcd display alternatives?

there's something special about Rad's?
RAD typically reversed the connectors that others, like Bafang motors use. Be sure to match connectors. AND sometimes the firmware in displays can make them incompatible.

Do yourself a favor and read the thread!

RAD typically reversed the connectors that others, like Bafang motors use. Be sure to match connectors. AND sometimes the firmware in displays can make them incompatible.

Do yourself a favor and read the thread!
thanks yeah i awalys read threads top to bottom before i post questions as well as search for other threads and i was just looking for that extra solid confirmation and maybe find out some new info about color options since he works there... in multiple exchanges of this thread kongrui1984 confirmed the King Meter's are going to be compatible with RAD but what i'm finding on Amazon is not exactly the King Meter replacement with the metal screw on connector vs just the snap on that is typical for everything else ... and the exact King Meter SW-LCD out on AliExpress is $100 anyway and there are no other King Meter color models posted on Ali so it basically boils down to just going with what Rad recommends anyway. I'm in no real hurry since i just knocked the silly display firmly on bottom edge a couple times on the handle bar after taking it off to replace and it started working again LOL... i guess the old adage is true, one should always try hitting it with a hammer before giving up... i'm assuming it'll go out at some point and i'll order the RAD part.

1681838456481.png

biggamebikes dot com supports RAD products. Their controller is listed as a replacement. Gareth, the owner, is a great guy and takes care of his customers. Send him an email. His prices aren't bad & shipping from "London, UK" isn't terrible.

biggamebikes dot com supports RAD products. Their controller is listed as a replacement. Gareth, the owner, is a great guy and takes care of his customers. Send him an email. His prices aren't bad & shipping from "London, UK" isn't terrible.

@joel52402 - thanks for the tip... it's a bit more spendy than i was hoping but within reach and color is nice bump up... i'll definitely keep it in mind if mine fails... still a bit amazed that just knocking the existing display a bit brought it back to life and has been bouncing along fine since, still assuming that means something marginal will eventually fail... eggrider seems to be about the same price range... nice to know there are options.

eggrider seems to be about the same price range... nice to know there are options.
EggRider IMO nest left to those that want to fuss with settings. Me? Set it and forget it with an OEM display.

EggRider IMO nest left to those that want to fuss with settings. Me? Set it and forget it with an OEM display.
thanks @tomjasz, point well taken... computer engineering education, software engineering career means i have some predilection to messing around with all things electric and otherwise... although 53 years in with middle school age kids means i definitely have to choose my battles carefully anymore =)

thanks @tomjasz, point well taken... computer engineering education, software engineering career means i have some predilection to messing around with all things electric and otherwise... although 53 years in with middle school age kids means i definitely have to choose my battles carefully anymore =)
Ha! Messing with settings was fun my first couple of years, but after nearly a decade now, color screens and optional settings area yawn. As a matter of fact, I've reverted older B&W screens that are pretty much featureless. This old dork would have crank windows in his cage.

Back