Radrunner lcd display alternatives?

You can check on our website as I posted. yes, we sell one display, and we are welcome mass order , I can give you better price for that.
for the single sample price, we do not quote it publicly, because we sell it as the name of aftersale service. and lot of our customer are selling replacement display as well. we try to avoid selling products in the same market.
Speaking from personal experience, your website is incredibly lacking in information useful to a retail buyer (including pricing at a point where there's some incentive to deal with an unknown seller). The owners manual is the only place features are listed, but very poorly explained. Further, there is NO assurance these features will be functional when the display is received. If you would like to improve your retail sales, that web site needs big help.

Speaking from personal experience, your website is incredibly lacking in information useful to a retail buyer (including pricing at a point where there's some incentive to deal with an unknown seller). The owners manual is the only place features are listed, but very poorly explained. Further, there is NO assurance these features will be functional when the display is received. If you would like to improve your retail sales, that web site needs big help.
Thank you for your suggestions, I need to say this again, our website is not for retail buyers, we face to the brand company and assembling factories for E-bikes. so we do not list any price, because we have different price policies for different company or order quantity. and there are tens of display manufacturer competitors in China, you can check their website. there is no price either.
But I appreciate for your advices, I will push our company to improve the details on the website.

BUT THAT'S THE audience here! This is an end-user forum!! Help and share or move along?
Exactly! Why are you suggesting readers of this forum should have ANY interest in what you are offering?

BUT THAT'S THE audience here! This is an end-user forum!! Help and share or move along?
I think I have explained this , I come here to see if any one is using our products, any one needs some help on using them.
and any suggestions when using. and I also sell display samples (or you can say ONE DISPLAY) IN THE NAME OF AFTERSALE SERVICE.
that is one of our services . I think it is also one option for end users to update their displays.
I think this reason is enough for me to stay at this forum, I never expect to earn some big order here, and for me individually, I 'm also an E-bike owner and fan.
I'd love to share experiences of riding.
I don't know if I'm here affecting some one's interest? If yes, I would say sorry for that.

Exactly! Why are you suggesting readers of this forum should have ANY interest in what you are offering?
Here I attached our website in this forum only to show what displays we do, If they need a replacement , I can sell ONE DISPLAY, I NEVER say only for wholesalers .

I get your point, but at least now that we know we have an option to purchase one display, if needed.
That would suck if you had to purchase minimum of 100 displays (for example)
Some newer Rad Power owners might appreciate that there's an option to upgrade their displays.

They could easy say they do not deal with individual customers, but at least they're willing to sell one display.
As mentioned, there's nothing available on the website that assures compatibility. Would you go through the trouble of getting a quote, wading through the "buying experience", waiting for it to arrive, and plugging it in WITHOUT assurance it was going to work beforehand? Of exactly what I can expect has been upgraded?

Give me the reasons for believing these are "upgrades", or maybe a list of the ones that will work on my RAD product, as I don't see anything! -Al

I have an older KT display non color. Is there ever a danger in trying a non compatible display even when it has the same plug?

I have an older KT display non color. Is there ever a danger in trying a non compatible display even when it has the same plug?
I would think so. For instance, even though we both know the KT controllers are pretty robust, they also include a tiny little light circuit that's VERY easily smoked and is not repairable. Point being, there's a circuit board in there, and I'd be concerned about smoking just enough of it to kill the controller by plugging a non KT controller into it. The newer color displays from KT do work just fine - as long as you get one with the right plug. They sell them both ways, w/non waterproof and waterproof connectors. -Al

I was previously of the opinion that having different connectors for what appeared to be an identical controller was a ploy to force a buyer to purchase the OEM replacement. In fact, displays can look alike but have different firmware versions. At least that's my takeaway.

I was previously of the opinion that having different connectors for what appeared to be an identical controller was a ploy to force a buyer to purchase the OEM replacement. In fact, displays can look alike but have different firmware versions. At least that's my takeaway.
Picky about my displays any more, so changes are something I do on occasion. From what I've seen, both Bafang and KT are trying to keep things as simple as possible from a functional standpoint. What you see is what you get. No "gotcha's".

Would be nice to have more info from Kingmeter, so we would be able to see what's going on there from a what works and what doesn't perspective. I'm darn sure not going to buy one to see if it works or not, or what works and what doesn't.... -Al

The king meter guy said they all work on Rads.
I posted a confusing post earlier, what I really need to know is if anyone has put an older KT display on a newer KT controller for troubleshooting or whatever. They have the same setup terms and same cable.

I posted a confusing post earlier, what I really need to know is if anyone has put an older KT display on a newer KT controller for troubleshooting or whatever. They have the same setup terms and same cable.
Been running KT for 6-7 years now. I've managed to break a couple of LCD3 displays in the past, and keep a NIB LCD3 "in stock" now to minimize down time. So I've put newer displays on older controllers without incident, but I guess that's working backwards for your question.

Noteworthy, is when you change displays, you must go through all of the parameters to reset them. If you change a KT controller, the new one will use parameters already held in the display.

As mentioned, there's nothing available on the website that assures compatibility. Would you go through the trouble of getting a quote, wading through the "buying experience", waiting for it to arrive, and plugging it in WITHOUT assurance it was going to work beforehand? Of exactly what I can expect has been upgraded?

Give me the reasons for believing these are "upgrades", or maybe a list of the ones that will work on my RAD product, as I don't see anything! -Al
Refering on this thread, we only talk about the Rad bikes, I don't know KT systems or other system, they may be different protocols. I'm sure for Rad, we can do compatible because WE MADE THEM. you can give me the series number on the back of your Rad display. I check in my system and made the compatible one as you request.
As for "upgrade", I don't know your "Upgrade" includes, in my opnion, you by a color display replace the LCD one , that is an upgrade, and of course it will show more content than old one.
If you do not like the process on buying them by email, I would only say sorry for that , because we do it as our AFTERSALE PROCESS.
I only take this out as an option to have your display replacement.

NO, the plug is limit choice for manufacturers , but there are random protocols and changes in display, so you should not only check them by connector.

For rad ,we use the same communication system, so I can say we works well on that.
For KT system , sorry I don't know well about their products, you can contact with their website for trouble shooting , using the series number on the displya. I think they can help you.

Exactly! the display may use same plug, but you cannot say they use same communication protocol or firmware, it may unusable if not identical.

Refering on this thread, we only talk about the Rad bikes, I don't know KT systems or other system, they may be different protocols. I'm sure for Rad, we can do compatible because WE MADE THEM. you can give me the series number on the back of your Rad display. I check in my system and made the compatible one as you request.
As for "upgrade", I don't know your "Upgrade" includes, in my opnion, you by a color display replace the LCD one , that is an upgrade, and of course it will show more content than old one.
If you do not like the process on buying them by email, I would only say sorry for that , because we do it as our AFTERSALE PROCESS.
I only take this out as an option to have your display replacement.
Finally, some progress. So are you telling us we can buy a color display from Kingmeter for our RAD bikes and

1. It will be compatible/work with our OEM RAD controllers?
2. There will be more functions included in the color display? Can you be more specific regarding this? Maybe list the additional functions?

Finally, some progress. So are you telling us we can buy a color display from Kingmeter for our RAD bikes and

1. It will be compatible/work with our OEM RAD controllers?
2. There will be more functions included in the color display? Can you be more specific regarding this? Maybe list the additional functions?
1, I mean work with original Rad controllers, I donot know what is OEM controller means. is it replaced by DIY?
2, for Example N5236 we can add bluetooth function and you can check your riding data from phone app, also Navi function.
K5242, we have Speed data statistics recording.
aparently, color screen have more graphical and dynamic display than normal LCD ones.

1, I mean work with original Rad controllers, I donot know what is OEM controller means. is it replaced by DIY?
2, for Example N5236 we can add bluetooth function and you can check your riding data from phone app, also Navi function.
K5242, we have Speed data statistics recording.
aparently, color screen have more graphical and dynamic display than normal LCD ones.
OEM = Original Equipment as Manufactured

Or in other words, the controller it was originally assembled with. NOT something purchased aftermarket.

Back