Radrunner lcd display alternatives?

I hate being the first to try any experiment, but go for it Renegade! I had to make my own cable from scratch (a forum did provide instructions) and order a thumb drive form a stranger but I managed to bypass the dealer when working on my wifes Can-AM Spyder. Trust me, I was nervous plugging into a $25,000 bike the first time but it worked perfect!
Yeah, I think the thread shared above will be very helpful. I am going to try this out on my other RadRunner first....see if it works, then I can try it out on my "baby".

Yeah, I think the thread shared above will be very helpful. I am going to try this out on my other RadRunner first....see if it works, then I can try it out on my "baby".
If you are referring to the links I posted above, they work ONLY with Bafang MID drives. There is NO method (that I'm aware of anyway) for updating or changing the settings on the OEM RAD controller. That's why the Bolton upgrade is popular. Unlike the stock RAD controller, the Bolton controller (and similar KT based knock offs) ARE configurable....

Hi, I just received my first ebike, RadRunner1, I would like to replace the LED display to an LCD display. The upgrade LCD they sell at Radpowerbikes.ca is $130+tax+shipping which is around $160. I've checked aliexpress and they sell a whole bunch of LCD displays for cheaper. Anyone know the model of the controller on the Radrunner1 (Canadian version)? Thanks
Not sure what need you are trying to fill, but on mine I just put a Cateye cyclometer on it so I could tell overall miles, odeometer, current speed, etc. Was a little bit custom as I had to lenthen the sensor wires to run it off the front wheel, but it’s worked perfectly since I got it sorted out.

If you are referring to the links I posted above, they work ONLY with Bafang MID drives. There is NO method (that I'm aware of anyway) for updating or changing the settings on the OEM RAD controller. That's why the Bolton upgrade is popular. Unlike the stock RAD controller, the Bolton controller (and similar KT based knock offs) ARE configurable....
I am more concerned about the controller, not the motor. And it looks like there are some hacks for Lishui controllers. I don't have time to play with it now, but if/when I do, I will report back.

I am more concerned about the controller, not the motor. And it looks like there are some hacks for Lishui controllers. I don't have time to play with it now, but if/when I do, I will report back.
I'm talking about the controller that's built in to the Bafang Mid drives. That one is configurable. NOT the Lishui.

If you find something relevant to the Lishui, please do get back with us!

Hi, I'm bumping this thread to see if there are any updates on this subject. I've looked for SW-LCD displays with the proper (Higo?) connector, and have found next to nothing for sale online. I found one on Aliexpress, that's just as expensive as the one sold by Rad and that's about it. I would love to know if anyone has actually installed a stock King Meter display on a Radrunner and if it worked. Right now, it seems the only options for plug and play displays are the Rad one or the Eggrider. Are there any other options?

Hi, I'm bumping this thread to see if there are any updates on this subject. I've looked for SW-LCD displays with the proper (Higo?) connector, and have found next to nothing for sale online. I found one on Aliexpress, that's just as expensive as the one sold by Rad and that's about it. I would love to know if anyone has actually installed a stock King Meter display on a Radrunner and if it worked. Right now, it seems the only options for plug and play displays are the Rad one or the Eggrider. Are there any other options?
Hello,I'm from King-meter, if you need any customized displya, you can tell me.

Are you telling us all of these displays are fully compatible with the RAD bikes? If not, which features will work, and which will not?

Prices?

Sadly this is just spam. Follow up with end users is nonexistent.

Are you telling us all of these displays are fully compatible with the RAD bikes? If not, which features will work, and which will not?

Prices?
From my side, yes, compatible with any of Rad Bikes.
For the price, which style you need ,I can make the quotation. but I must tell you in the beginning, we do not afford the shipping cost.

so all of those display will be bolt on for Rad Power bikes?

Even Bolton's display won't work unless you purchase their controller. (as far as I know)
Yes, for all Rad bikes, no need to change the controller.

So if we want to buy one, we would have to contact you, then you will reply with a quote?

Why can't we just stay simple and "add to cart" from your website, or do you have a store on AliExpress? (It's TaoBao, but for foreign buyers)

Playing email tags just to find out a price, in this day and age, only for one display sounds redundant.

If we're purchasing 3,000 units of displays... then yeah I understand. But only for one display though?
Yes, our website now just mainly for the group purchase or the E-bike brand & factories, but we still do the aftersales service for the end users. we do not have any AliExpress store, because our main customer are the assembling factories in China and Europe. if you need one or more samples , we are willing to sell them , of course , it will be cost much more than we sell to factory, but still good price for end users. I think you get what I mean.

I don’t know but you don’t post prices or products. Do you sell one display? MOQ? Thank you for posting here. But better information would be helpful.
You can check on our website as I posted. yes, we sell one display, and we are welcome mass order , I can give you better price for that.
for the single sample price, we do not quote it publicly, because we sell it as the name of aftersale service. and lot of our customer are selling replacement display as well. we try to avoid selling products in the same market.

Back