RadRover Step-Thru Frame Flex

DJAMFAM

I’m an older (67) and heavier (265) newcomer to the ebike world. I have a Lectric XP and love it but would really like a “full-size” bike. My #1 choice is the RadRover Step-Thru for future approachability concerns but I’m nervous about frame flex issues. Any comments from heavier riders of the Rover ST would be appreciated.

I am in the same boat. I have a Lectric XP step thru and am thinking of moving to a Rad Rover ST because of the suspension and larger wheels.

My friend has a Rover step thru and he weighs 350# no flex ;and no issues, He only had it for last summer and has about 400 miles on it.. Rad rates the bike at 275# but he is riding on groomed trails mostly not rough bumpy. trails. I think you will be Okay

I'm also an older, not as heavy, rider that frequently takes lots of cargo, 75 plus pounds on front and rear racks. This is the only step thru I've ever owned so my point of reference is solid diamond frames. I have yet to experience any noticable flex. The bracing at the head tube is huge with a capital H.

Back