Rad White wire speed hack

Thank you sir. My post was SPECIFICALLY related to Rad Rovers, so I presumed the discussion and replies would also be.

You're quite welcome, but please note any Rad Rover I've ever seen has a speedo.....

Your note did mention you had a Runner, but you failed to mention Runners don't have speedos. I'm quite a RAD fan, but as the Runners have NO appeal to me, I didn't realize they didn't have a speedo. Please accept my apologies for that lack of knowledge.....

I have a Radrunner and bought the LCD screen, but the "speed hack" going into the settings menu to increase to 40 kph doesn't work anymore and it still is capped at 20 mph. I tried setting it lower and higher and it did nothing to change the top speed. Does anyone know how to get around this? I contacted Rad about it and they were frustrated saying that you can't make them go faster than 20.

Are you saying it doesn't retain the 40 kph setting or that even with that setting it won't go over 32 kph with PAS?

I have heard the newer lCD screens have locked out that feature, probably for liability reasons as legally US class 2 bikes are limited to 750W / 20 mph.

Correct, it doesn't matter what you change the top speed to in the menu, it still goes 20 mph. It retains the setting but doesn't affect the speed.

Correct, it doesn't matter what you change the top speed to in the menu, it still goes 20 mph. It retains the setting but doesn't affect the speed.
So PAS cuts out
So what does it do to slow you down once you get above 32 kph, apply regen braking or something?

On my Rover (with geared hub and no regen ) it just cut PAS at 32Kph.

Once you hit 20, the motor assist (either PAS or throttle) cuts out and then only human pedal power of you want to go faster.

Welcome to RAD!

The Rad controller is the reason others are offering upgraded controllers. Pretty easy to beat what it offers on quite a few levels. The OEM controller is locked down as for as the spped is concerned, as well as it's ability to handle any more power than you get when it comes to you from the factory.

Welcome to RAD!

The Rad controller is the reason others are offering upgraded controllers. Pretty easy to beat what it offers on quite a few levels. The OEM controller is locked down as for as the spped is concerned, as well as it's ability to handle any more power than you get when it comes to you from the factory.
Thanks and good to know! Is the Bolton controller pretty much the standard? Honestly it's not really a big deal and I'm having so much fun on this thing it's crazy!

Thanks and good to know! Is the Bolton controller pretty much the standard? Honestly it's not really a big deal and I'm having so much fun on this thing it's crazy!

That's the impression I get from a lot of owners! Everyone wants to know if they can do much better by tweaking that controller, and you just cannot, but the fact is, it ain't all that bad as it comes out of the box....

Nice thing is, there are options available for later on....

I have a Radrunner and bought the LCD screen, but the "speed hack" going into the settings menu to increase to 40 kph doesn't work anymore and it still is capped at 20 mph. I tried setting it lower and higher and it did nothing to change the top speed. Does anyone know how to get around this? I contacted Rad about it and they were frustrated saying that you can't make them go faster than 20.
Change the size of tires on screen 👍😄 i ordered the display for mine but mainly to check the watt output,and distance travelled, how fast do you need to go ? Lollll 32 kph is plenty considering the limit for cars in my city Montreal,qc is 30kph

About 30 years ago I was riding a regular bike in Montreal and some cops yelled at me and started chasing in their car. Not sure what I did but they never caught me 😎

Their really good at wasteing time, its become a big headache to get around especially since they added bike lanes everywhere lolllll🚴🚲🚴‍♀️🚵👍😂

Back