Rad Mini vs Heyride Mars

jimsinoregon

Region
USA
I hoping for some guidance on a foldable entry level e-bike. I'm a 65 y.o. male, weigh 265, 5'10, with a 30" inseam. So far the RadMini Step-Thru and the Heyride Mars seem to be reasonable choices in the $1,000 range. The Rad has a 48 volt, 14 ah battery and a 750 watt geared hub motor and the Heyride Mars has a 48 volt 12.5 ah battery and a 500 watt Direct Drive Hub Motor. Both bikes weigh about 66 pound. The Rad says it has a 275 pound max capacity and the Heyride says it has a 300 pound maximum capacity.

My concern is that I live in a hilly community (some pretty steep). Would it make more sense for me to choose RadMini Step-Thru with the 750 watt motor vs the Heyride Mars 500 watt motor? BTW, I rode my friends RadMini Step-Thru and it zipped me right along on a level street, but as I said my concern is hills.

I'd appreciate your advice or other recommendations if you think another bike in the $1,000 range might serve me better.

Thanks...Jim

Yes, the availability of plug and play programmable controllers for the RadMini to increase current (torque) make it the one to get for hill climbing, see Bolton ebikes or Electrobikeworld

You’re welcome, bear in mind changing to the 35a controller sold by either retailer also requires you buy a matching display as you will replace both the stock controller and display on the RadMini. The display is usually linked from the controller webpage on their respective shop websites.

Back