R&M Bosch power socket rubber cap - design flaw

My cover fell off and I am just riding without the cover for the past 6 months. No problems so far.
Yeah that's what I'm doing now. But it worries me when I get caught in rain like I did yesterday, or if I hit some mud.

I bit the bullet and ordered the Bike Parts Jantos item for my Delite (along with the Rohloff E14 shifter extension).
I tried, but they won't ship to the USA.

If anyone knows of the design files to be 3D printed, I could send them to my office and they could print them For me.

Ridiculous prices for the bikes and you get cheap flimsy POS cover for probably the most important part of the bike.
How about some serious R&D for that part alone...

I own a new Superdelite and like many others, I too lost the cap covering the charging connector within just a few weeks. Luckily, I found information on this forum and ordered the replacement item from Jantos. I thought it could be beneficial to post my experience here. As the forum sets limits on message size, I could not post all images in a single message. Instead, I am attaching a PDF with some pictures. I hope this helps others evaluating the replacement cap.

Attachments

• 20211017.01 Jantos replacement cap.pdf
    633.1 KB · Views: 457
I own a new Superdelite and like many others, I too lost the cap covering the charging connector within just a few weeks. Luckily, I found information on this forum and ordered the replacement item from Jantos. I thought it could be beneficial to post my experience here. As the forum sets limits on message size, I could not post all images in a single message. Instead, I am attaching a PDF with some pictures. I hope this helps others evaluating the replacement cap.
That's a very clever solution to keep the socket from falling into the frame. Thanks for the detailed right-up!

Hello,

Do you also all experience this crappy rubber protector of charging socket ?
I never can fit it to properly seal the socket after i unplug the charger, takes 5 minutes of manual trying to fit it to the socket holes.

Any system which replaces that one to recommend ?

Merci
Yes, R&M Nevo3 Rohloff and Gazelle Ultimate T10.

Lurking for a long time but am now stimulated to jump in. My Supercharger2 (2020) has had issues with the rubber flapper cover. It is POS.
But the worst is when it completely comes off. Trying to get the back attachment tab reset in the charger cover plate is a major time suck. Been there, did that and I found that if you lube the rear insert with 303 Rubber UV protector you can use a small plastic rod to push it back into place. Then when you need to flip it back to plug in the charger hold your finger on the middle of the flap (right hand) whilst flipping the left side of the flap back to insert the charger plug. When done, do the same, hold the middle to rear of the cover, then snap it back in when flush using a finger in the center of the cover. It snaps right back in. Just waiting for the day a viable replacement comes out...hah.

Lurking for a long time but am now stimulated to jump in. My Supercharger2 (2020) has had issues with the rubber flapper cover. It is POS.
But the worst is when it completely comes off. Trying to get the back attachment tab reset in the charger cover plate is a major time suck. Been there, did that and I found that if you lube the rear insert with 303 Rubber UV protector you can use a small plastic rod to push it back into place. Then when you need to flip it back to plug in the charger hold your finger on the middle of the flap (right hand) whilst flipping the left side of the flap back to insert the charger plug. When done, do the same, hold the middle to rear of the cover, then snap it back in when flush using a finger in the center of the cover. It snaps right back in. Just waiting for the day a viable replacement comes out...hah.
Lol. I am not replacing mine. It fell off and I was glad. Have no plans to waste time looking fir a replacement. None of them are adequate.

Do you also all experience this crappy rubber protector of charging socket ?
Well, my ever obliging dealer gave me (freebies) four spare charging port covers for my 2020 Superdelite - two of the original design (p/n SBK0164) and two of the slightly newer design (with magnetic catch, p/n SBK0227).

This afternoon I installed the cover with the magnetic latch, with high hopes. Nope - more disappointment! While, off the bike, the cover magnetically engages with the lower mounting screw and closes with satisfying security, on the bike it simply does not stay closed. It immediately pops open to about 90º, ready to be demolished by the first pedal stroke! Worse than the original!

Please, if a European member might be generous enough to help out those of us located elsewhere, perhaps a group buy of the third-party 3-D printed version referred to earlier in this thread could be arranged.........

Attachments

• conventional catch copy.jpeg
    conventional catch copy.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 219
  • magnetic catch copy.jpeg
    magnetic catch copy.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 237
Yep, the problem is the lack of an actual hinge - plastic generally doesn't fold well. If this hasn't been solved by the time I get to Europe in the summer, I may order a few for delivery to my hotel as a community service... 😅

Back