Quickest/cheapest way to upgrade my current ebike for a little more top speed?

A larger front chain ring can increase top speed by a smidge. No need to mess around with the electronics. I went from 42t to 52t. With similar motor/power specs I'm getting 32mph. I'm also a big guy, 280lb, eventually moving less mass will also result in higher top speed.

I changed the freewheel and peddled like mad on a very slight downgrade, got the cruiser up to 36 mph, the way I was wobbling I slowed it down from then on, sooner crash at 20 mph rather than 30 mph, you ever have a bad crash? At 35 mph you are really going to suffer if you crash. Its surprising you have got 30 mph out of your current rig. These days when I read the specs on a bike I am interested in, I go for torque rather than speed. Please do not kill somebody on a bike path- walking trail.

Most of my commute is on city roads. I go from Sacramento to Davis, 1-2 times a week. The wheel wobble is pretty bad at higher speeds, so I won't ever be doing much faster. No bad crashes yet... but I also where a DOT motorcycle helmet just in case. You can also improve the ride by getting tires with less "knobs". Road tires made a huge difference.

Most of my commute is on city roads. I go from Sacramento to Davis, 1-2 times a week. The wheel wobble is pretty bad at higher speeds, so I won't ever be doing much faster. No bad crashes yet... but I also where a DOT motorcycle helmet just in case. You can also improve the ride by getting tires with less "knobs". Road tires made a huge difference.
Have you tried the "Hookworm" tire? There should be some rims that have less wobble, the last Bike I bought had 'cast rims nd truth be known I recommend them, the only problem is the hub motor( if that's what you run) has to be a custom design as far as I can tell. They actually look good, never thought I would like them.

Back