Put down a deposit on a Creo E5

I just traded email with the fellows at planet3bike and they will be releasing their product for the Creo. So I will be able to actually exceed the 28 mph of a Class 3 bike, though I'm sure at that speed the battery will deplete really fast. So the Domane HP+ which I liked as well still has the advantage of greater battery capacity but the top speed isn't different. This particular bike has to be aluminum for me so the Creo has the advantage over the Domane there for my use.

I could easily carry two range extenders so I could have 640 wh of battery with me.

Unsure if I will get the planet3bike product as I might be ok with it stock.

I'll have to get 1,000 to 2,000 km's in to see if I want the top speed removed and if I need range extenders or not.

So the Domane HP+

Fo both it would be good to know if they accept a bigger chainring- a 50t would be really good.

The drain at high speed would be higher but still much less then on a heavy 50-60lb ebike.
With my fully loaded @65-70lb with backpack/etc. , rider weight 170-180lb , speeds @28-29mph with ocassional Stop signs, i deplete a 604wh pack. on flat road , little headwind in 18-20miles.

On a 30lb ebike , total weight would be about 20% less, , so 20% xtra range ?

With the Creo I'm not sure a bigger chain ring would fit, there's not a lot of clearance. I asked the LBS and he said he didn't know and was going to ask the Specialized rep. If a bigger one fits I'd love to get a 50T in there, but it may not be possible.

How does weight affect aerodynamic drag? Does it take that much power to keep the extra weight moving? I can see accelerating it does, but once up to speed does it make much of a difference?

Anyhow looking forward to putting in some mileage on the Creo and discover what it's all about.

Sorry i thought it was 2 of 5 like mine (BH bike shows. And it also shows %.

2 of 10 would be somewhere in between 18-25% .

Come to think of it, when I go into the app it does show the current % of charge. Unfortunately I didn't look at that in the app until it had been hooked up and charging for a period of time. I do recall it was in the 20's when I finally looked at it, but I can't remember if it was say 23% or 27% or 29% and I can't remember how long it was hooked up when I did that.

I did find it cool that the bike was in the garage charging and I could look at my phone in my bedroom as see the % change so I could go down and unplug it when it got to 100% or say 80% for those who don't want to go higher than that.

I'm not going to worry about the charge cycles and only charging to 80%. The battery is small enough that I want to start with a full charge and I figure if I wear out the battery, by the time that happens there will have been innovation for batteries and a replacement will be better.

On a 30lb ebike , total weight would be about 20% less, , so 20% xtra range ?
The weight plays the major role only uphill. The weight to be considered is the total rider + bike weight, so no, 20% bike weight less will not increase the range very much. A lightweight rider can achieve dramatically bigger elevation gain than a heavy one, especially on a lightweight bike. At high speed on the flat, aerodynamic resistance plays the major role, so riding aero is critical.

Back