Purchasing an FS RX tomorrow, thoughts?

Albe215

Greetings all. So I recently purchased a neo jumper 650b full suspension mountain bike and I am returning it tomorrow and upgrading to the FS RX tomorrow. I had a lot of issues with the new jumper and from what I've read, the FS RX is a much better bike. I climb a lot of hills and I'm 220 lbs so need more power, will this bike do it? Thx for the help

Well I can't contrast it with the neo jumper but I can say I'm very pleased with the FS RX, ZERO brake adjustments in over 2 thousand miles, ZERO rust on the fork stanchions in salty coastal areas, ONE flat before adding tough liners - in fact I sometimes leave the tool kit and tubes at home. The low gear is pretty low so climbing was impressive, over rocks and roots that would have halted me sans motor. I was probably 195 a year ago, 165 last time I checked, maybe you'll drop down too. Only upgrades included ergon grips and bee line road worthy style hybrid tires. See if you can negotiate a 2nd battery at cost plus shipping, and if you do much road time unlock that motor so the governor does not castrate your manhood at a measly 20 mph. So you getting B&W or Black and Yellow?

Well I can't contrast it with the neo jumper but I can say I'm very pleased with the FS RX, ZERO brake adjustments in over 2 thousand miles, ZERO rust on the fork stanchions in salty coastal areas, ONE flat before adding tough liners - in fact I sometimes leave the tool kit and tubes at home. The low gear is pretty low so climbing was impressive, over rocks and roots that would have halted me sans motor. I was probably 195 a year ago, 165 last time I checked, maybe you'll drop down too. Only upgrades included ergon grips and bee line road worthy style hybrid tires. See if you can negotiate a 2nd battery at cost plus shipping, and if you do much road time unlock that motor so the governor does not castrate your manhood at a measly 20 mph. So you getting B&W or Black and Yellow?

Thanks Shea's, I appreciate the prompt reply and advice. I'm leaning towards black and yellow but they have both where I'm headed to purchase so will see side by side. So how does one protect our manhood and unlock the motor on these?

Here's a pic. Went with w&b.
image.jpg

Alright! I really like how the Haibike rides! but I like the bumblebee yellow & blk.

That is one nice looking bike! I would've splurged on their Fat Six if I were spending that much myself!

Matches your ride down to the blue in the logo, all you need is a black bicycle rack to finish that off.

Beautiful bike! How fast does your XDuro go uphill?

Do you happen to know the hill grade percentage? I can find out the grade percentage, if you want. Just send the address.

My hills are 10-18% grade. I do not think the XDuro will go over wobble speed (9mph) on my 18% grade. The estimates are around 750W, for my hills. I hope the estimates are wrong.

Beautiful bike! How fast does your XDuro go uphill?

Do you happen to know the hill grade percentage? I can find out the grade percentage, if you want. Just send the address.

My hills are 10-18% grade. I do not think the XDuro will go over wobble speed (9mph) on my 18% grade. The estimates are around 750W, for my hills. I hope the estimates are wrong.

Can't you change the front sprocket size to gear the bike lower?

Can't you change the front sprocket size to gear the bike lower?
Yes, there are third party options. I have no confidence because Bosch considers it warranty void. You are messing with the internals. The motor spins at 2.5 times the chainwheel RPM. Just exactly how and when you fry the motor is not made public info.

Yes, there are third party options. I have no confidence because Bosch considers it warranty void. You are messing with the internals. The motor spins at 2.5 times the chainwheel RPM. Just exactly how and when you fry the motor is not made public info.

Ahhh, warranty void. Not that I'd do it in disregard,but I'd think upping the rpm range slightly all the time would be less stressful to the motor than putting a whole bunch of voltage through it climbing a hill at max output with taller gearing?

Ahhh, warranty void. Not that I'd do it in disregard,but I'd think upping the rpm range slightly all the time would be less stressful to the motor than putting a whole bunch of voltage through it climbing a hill at max output with taller gearing?
Seems reasonable. I have problems when important info is withheld. Right now, I am only going with companies that are upfront.

The best solution that I am trying to vet is described here.

Check out how he fried his Bosch. Ugly picture makes me cringe!

Actually, it might be more complex and unpredictable. Bosch uses an expensive torque converter in the crank axle. Not sure if that affects software power calc or not.

The Bosch system strikes me as a case of German over- engineering. The design makes little sense to me. My guess is the engine is optimized for euro cities. It seems delicate like a Ferrari .

Back