Pulled the trigger!

Falken

Well I did it. Ordered 2 limited mediums, white for my wife and red for myself. I am really looking forward to receiving the bikes! We live in a beautiful part of British Columbia where there are trails, lakes, and lots of hills. The WAC Bennet dam is not far from home and the country out there is stunning. I am exited to see how the Teo's do! The purchase process was easy through Teo's website. Only thing I ran into that was difficult was the "terms and conditions" were only in french so I couldn't read them. The website promptly sent me an email with the order details and receipt of the purchase.

One thing I have to say is a HUGE Thank You to @america94 :). Stephane without your help on all the questions I had, I believe I would have ordered 2 voltbike 750 yukons.
You have put in a lot of time and energy and I used your affiliate link for my purchase as you well deserve it.
I will post pics of the bikes when they arrive!

Last edited:
Congratulations @Falken on your purchase .
Now we all be waiting for the pictures and your reports.
You are absolutely correct that @america94 is the best to help and share his experience and knowledge of Tèo.

I've read much of the Teo Fat Bike forum. I was recently tempted to buy a Voltbike Yukon, but the Teos look like a better bike in many ways. If you don't mind me asking, what was it that Stephane said that convinced you to go Teo? I'm still somewhat on the fence because Voltbike is just a ferry ride away from where I am in case of trouble with the bike, However; I know that problems can usually be diagnosed over the phone. I'm mostly convinced, but I guess I'm kind of looking for a sign. :)

My girl friend who is paranoid about everything was all worried about me ordering off the internet, so just in case she has a point, for those who live close or have received orders recently, is Teo a stable company and are products being delivered on time?

I've read much of the Teo Fat Bike forum. I was recently tempted to buy a Voltbike Yukon, but the Teos look like a better bike in many ways. If you don't mind me asking, what was it that Stephane said that convinced you to go Teo? I'm still somewhat on the fence because Voltbike is just a ferry ride away from where I am in case of trouble with the bike, However; I know that problems can usually be diagnosed over the phone. I'm mostly convinced, but I guess I'm kind of looking for a sign. :)

My girl friend who is paranoid about everything was all worried about me ordering off the internet, so just in case she has a point, for those who live close or have received orders recently, is Teo a stable company and are products being delivered on time?
Hi @Jazzcat,

I guess the biggest thing was Stephane relating his actual experience with the bike. Benoit was quite busy at a convention when I had questions so I reached out to Stephane. He went through the bike with me and the parts that were superior to the voltbike. He spoke about the great service that Benoit has given and that's what made up my mind. The biggest differences about the Teo bike that pulled me from the voltbike was
1. The battery. 17Ah vs 11.6 Ah. I spoke with voltbike and although they advertise 10.4 Ah they told me the 2017's had the 11.6. The Teo still has around 45% more capacity. That's huge for me as there are many hills where we ride.
2. Front fork. Not sure if you own a mountian bike with front suspension, but the ability to lock the fork makes it much easier in certain riding conditions. I believe the Teo also has preload adjustment as well.
3. Brakes. Cable disc vs hydraulic disc. Pretty easy decision there.
4. Derailer. A better shimano derailer and 9 speeds vs. 7.
5. Stem. I like that the Teo has the ability to adjust.

Other than that I feel the bikes are pretty similar. You pay a little more for the Teo, but for me I feel it is well worth it.

Last edited:
Hi Falken,

I'm a BC guy too. Montreal time is 3 hours ahead Vancouver Island time where I live and I'm sitting here waiting to call Benoit when he gets back from lunch. Based on what you and Stephane have said, I'm going to order one today. Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards,
Patrick,
Coombs

Hi Falken,

I'm a BC guy too. Montreal time is 3 hours ahead Vancouver Island time where I live and I'm sitting here waiting to call Benoit when he gets back from lunch. Based on what you and Stephane have said, I'm going to order one today. Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards,
Patrick,
Coombs
Congrats Jazzcat! NO problem at all. I think this bike is going to be quite impressive. Can't wait to see it. :)

Hi everyone, I have been following the forum for a while now and I like to thank @america94 @Falken for all the great feedback that was passed along. As a few months ago I would of order a Yukon, but after having saw this forum I sure did change my mind. I was able to go at the Salon last weekend and looked at the Teo, which I did found them very impresive! And I was totally sold after the little ride on the circuit they had. So today I emailed Benoit with my intention to purchase a S Ltd, but I would like to go at his shop first and properly try the 750W and 500W.

I was wondering if @america94 if you had the chance to try both what difference did you see, like top speed?

I think my biggest issue now is having to wait until June 10th...

Hi everyone, I have been following the forum for a while now and I like to thank @america94 @Falken for all the great feedback that was passed along. As a few months ago I would of order a Yukon, but after having saw this forum I sure did change my mind. I was able to go at the Salon last weekend and looked at the Teo, which I did found them very impresive! And I was totally sold after the little ride on the circuit they had. So today I emailed Benoit with my intention to purchase a S Ltd, but I would like to go at his shop first and properly try the 750W and 500W.

I was wondering if @america94 if you had the chance to try both what difference did you see, like top speed?

I think my biggest issue now is having to wait until June 10th...
Hi @Stoker283! The real thanks surely belongs to @america94, and I'm happy some of the answers that he gave to my questions has helped. Welcome to the forum :)

Hi,
After discussions with Benoit and Stephane (Thank you both!) I ordered a white medium frame Teo, which hopefully will arrive with those beautiful brown seat and handlebar grips. I'm really looking forward to putting this bike together and riding it! This is very exciting! I live right next to some awesome trails that beg for more exploring and a new walking/biking path has just been built following the train tracks into town. This is going to be FUN!
Kind regards,
Patrick,
Coombs, BC

Hi,
After discussions with Benoit and Stephane (Thank you both!) I ordered a white medium frame Teo, which hopefully will arrive with those beautiful brown seat and handlebar grips. I'm really looking forward to putting this bike together and riding it! This is very exciting! I live right next to some awesome trails that beg for more exploring and a new walking/biking path has just been built following the train tracks into town. This is going to be FUN!
Kind regards,
Patrick,
Coombs, BC
Congrats @Jazzcat ! First 2 Teo's to hit BC!

Thank you Falken! I went with the medium frame because at 63 I'm not so flexible and it should be easier to get my leg over the top bar. I set my seat way up high to get full leg extension like the road racers do so it's hard for me to get a leg over there. The brown seat and grips add a nice color against the white frame and if I go too fast and scare the crap out of myself, it won't show so much with a brown seat. :)

Pardon my hillbilly humor. I couldn't resist. :)

I look forward to hearing how your larger frame bikes work out. What colors did you go for?

Thank you Falken! I went with the medium frame because at 63 I'm not so flexible and it should be easier to get my leg over the top bar. I set my seat way up high to get full leg extension like the road racers do so it's hard for me to get a leg over there. The brown seat and grips add a nice color against the white frame and if I go too fast and scare the crap out of myself, it won't show so much with a brown seat. :)

Pardon my hillbilly humor. I couldn't resist. :)

I look forward to hearing how your larger frame bikes work out. What colors did you go for?
LOL! I love it! As far as going up to the larger frames, Benoit is calling me today to sort it out. The white from what I understand not available in large. Wife is upset but said she would take a black one. I chose the red for myself. Can't wait to see them!!!

Maybe your wife could get a white medium?
Unfortunately I don't think the medium would work for her. Her current mountain bike is a large, and her inseam measurement is longer than mine and I ride a large. Initially I ordered the mediums because I was under the impression these bikes were bigger than regular bikes. They may be for wheelbase but it seems the seat tube and top tube length is about the same. It is kind of a bummer, she really liked the white. Who knows.....maybe she was thinking along the same lines as you, lol. :D

I think that happens if the poster edits and deletes. Otherwise there is a problem. My 2 cents.

It was an incomplete post that got posted by accident so I deleted it. I covered the topic in a better organized form later in the topic about frame size. It makes some good points about pedaling around the circle instead of just the up and down stroke that people learn at first. Any posts about that subject are best answered on the frame size topic page, though it if takes on a life of it's own, it could become a separate topic.

I wanted to jump in here, I have the teo large as I am long in the legs, I found the handle bar way to out front and low. My hands would tingle as if asleep. I got a stem extension ( maxed out the usable length of the front brake cable. it helped but looking at the wifes Rad bike raised handlebars that would be the ticket

I have looked at both bikes, the Teo is longer from steerer to seat post, the pedal/crank height is also higher of the ground. that in itself means I will sit higher and have to reach further. For me to ride the Rover I have to max out the seat post length but handlebar position is good. I used a level from my crotch to determine the seat post length from bottom of crank peddle.
I will post some pictures later

Back