Problems with new Level

DMax

My son just received his Level this afternoon (my wife and I each have Pace 500s). A lot of small “issues” (fenders a bit twisted, missing screw, bent spoke on front wheel — left crank arm was intertwined with spokes when it arrived). These are all correctable. However, when peddling, we get a loud squeal from the cassette. It also squeals if peddling “backwards”. When the rear wheel is free wheeling, there is no squeal. Sent a note to Aventon (they won’t answer their phones). Any suggestions?

I also am waiting from them on my problem, there is such a big demand on bikes
I hope they handle their quality control well.

not very reassuring, i was planning on buying this one.
There's a lot of demand it seems and production is getting complicated cause of Covid but still that's a problem.
did you buy it directly from them or a shop?

I bought directly from Aventon. We sorted out the “squealing” (just needed some lube between the axle and the cassette). My son rode it last night and tonight and all seems right. We love our Pace 500s, but the Level sure is nice.

Aventon was very responsive when we bought the first bikes. As you said, production has been slowed and their priority seems to be in getting the bikes out the door. They need some balance.

If the is a bike shop in your area that sells Aventon, you might want to consider going that route. I contacted two shops in our area. None said I could bring the bike in and it would go in the que (about 2 weeks). The other shop I called said if I didn’t buy it from them, they wouldn’t touch it.

Good luck. If you do buy an Aventon, I think you’ll really like it.

Reactions: MMC
Thanks for the feedback, since you post last monday it seemed they got back relatively fast which is reassuring.
I live in Montreal nd the nearest bike shop selling Aventon is in Toronto and i think i'll probably buy it there. i'm not in a super hurry since i'm currently working from home and our boss told us we wouldn't go back to the offices till end of august.
Thanks for the advice, i'll sure post my experience in the forum once i get the bike.

20200618_020442.jpg
I just recieved my level today, I finally got time to unpack it, and found that the front tire has a detached and bent front tire spoke, So I stopped unpacking it, and took photos, and sent a email with photos to aventon. I hope for positive solution.
We will see.

Well, it looks like I been screwed by aventon, I sent them several messages with photos of the damaged spoke. I spent $1700.00 for a damaged ebike, and they won't answer me back. I never should of listen to EBR reviews because they said good things about what appears to me to be a terrible company that sends broken bikes to their customers, and won't answer my request for help.

Their home web page says they will get back to phone calls and emails the 19th, I surely
hope so they need to keep their reputation in good order, I surely hope so, we will keep
watching and hoping.

Well, it looks like I been screwed by aventon, I sent them several messages with photos of the damaged spoke. I spent $1700.00 for a damaged ebike, and they won't answer me back. I never should of listen to EBR reviews because they said good things about what appears to me to be a terrible company that sends broken bikes to their customers, and won't answer my request for help.
I regret being so critical, I want to apologize to aventon and EBR for my rash and hasty comments. I still believe they're a good company, and I am sorry for what I said. We are all going through a lot of stress with this covid-19, and I need to be more patient. Please forgive me, I am truly sorry.
Sincerely,
Tom

I regret being so critical, I want to apologize to aventon and EBR for my rash and hasty comments. I still believe they're a good company, and I am sorry for what I said. We are all going through a lot of stress with this covid-19, and I need to be more patient. Please forgive me, I am truly sorry.
Sincerely,
Tom
Did the get back to you? I am sure they will in the coming days and things will normalise after a few days now that they are back in the office. Demand for all bikes (e bike and conventional) has been tremendous due to the pandemic. Hopefully your issue will be resolved soon so you can get on your bike and love it. They’re great bikes :)

DMax , quick question. Have you had a chance to ride the Level, and compare it to your Pace 500? Did you notice any difference?
I have the Pace 500 , also just got the Level. To me, the 500 seems to peddle so much easier, even coasts easier. Bike shop says there isn’t anything wrong. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?

DMax , quick question. Have you had a chance to ride the Level, and compare it to your Pace 500? Did you notice any difference?
I have the Pace 500 , also just got the Level. To me, the 500 seems to peddle so much easier, even coasts easier. Bike shop says there isn’t anything wrong. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?
Sorry to say, I have not been able to ride it. Aventon has not been able to helped me yet. I'm very disappointed since recieving it broken.

Did the get back to you? I am sure they will in the coming days and things will normalise after a few days now that they are back in the office. Demand for all bikes (e bike and conventional) has been tremendous due to the pandemic. Hopefully your issue will be resolved soon so you can get on your bike and love it. They’re great bikes :)
They still have not gotten back to me, still waiting.

Thomas, Do you have an update on this? I purchased a Level online and have been waiting to see that it shipped. Now I can’t login to my account on their webpage.

Thomas, Do you have an update on this? I purchased a Level online and have been waiting to see that it shipped. Now I can’t login to my account on their webpage.
I have received the new wheel, and sent back the old one. I am riding the level and it's great. Aventon seems to be getting caught up with orders, so I think you won't have to wait long. They do have a good team, and this covid-19 is causing everybody problems. It's a great value for the price, and I recommend you watch their assembly video on you tube a couple of times. Just Google, aventon level assembly, and that should get you there. Also make a few notes from the video, it will really help you out. I would suggest don't put much grease on the seat tube as they show, or you'll sink down while riding as I did. If you do just wipe it off then clamp the seat height in and you'll be fine. Have fun, I am..tom

I have a Pace 500 and from my person experience, I have nothing but praise for Aventon and their team.
A friend has the same bike and as of late, he developed a clicking sound from the motor. He took the bike to the bike shop where he purchased it and the shop owner informed him that he can’t get through to them either by phone or email. I sure hope that it’s just a fluke, but I concerned. Aventon makes a great bike and has a wonderful reputation.
I hope that if someone from Aventon is reading these notes that they quickly get their act together, because if they allow themselves to fall by the wayside, their reputation and sales will decline. I’m hoping for them.

I purchased my Level at the end of May and really enjoy the bike. I have around 200 miles on it and now it's sitting in my garage with 4 broken spokes on the rear wheel. I contacted Aventon by e-mail on july 3rd to ask what spokes to order since I can't find them on their web page. As of this evening July 14th I haven't received a response. It's a bummer Aventon is taking so long, I'd really like to get rolling before the snow comes.

Welcome Scone, I’m sorry to hear about your problem. I have the Pace 500 and I had a battery issue and also my charger stopped working. Fortunately this happened before the virus and the people at Aventon we’re very good. From my personal experience and what I have read, they have an excellent reputation. As of late, ever since the virus, it seems that Aventon has slacked off with getting back to people, even their dealers. When I last had spoken to a gentleman at Aventon, he told me that if I had a problem, while under warranty to take it to a bike shop and have it repaired, and send the receipt and they would reimburse me.
Take it for what it’s worth, don’t deprive yourself of enjoying the bike. I had a chance to ride the level and was impressed. I only wish it had been out last year. It is well worth the price difference. Good luck and get the bike fixed ASAP.

Sincerely,
Tom
Good for you ! Takes courage to own up to a rush to judgement. This company is doing heroic work during a time of massive demand, but very challenging work environments due to Covid-19. Lockdowns have re-activated in California again. And there are still many issues in China affecting all sorts of supply chains, shipping logistics, etc. I'd be more inclined to lay blame on shippers who I frequently see 'bounce' these ebike boxes all around. The LEVEL is packaged much differently than the prior Pace models, and is coming much more fully assembled. Your damage looks like that's what occurred. Aventons quality is top notch, and I witness it every day. Have had several hundred of their ebikes shipped into my shop, and my son and I personally assemble everyone. In the past 60 days, Aventon has had all hands on deck, where office staff who would normally handle these customer requests were asked by the CEO to help out in the warehouse that is hampered by California PPE protocols, and shippers not doing their jobs very well. They are getting through a very challenging period where they have shipped thousands of ebikes to over 150 dealers, and consumers direct. Delivery times versus order placement has dropped dramatically as we got into July, just as they forecasted would happen, as they adapted at their company owned factory, and the same at their California headquarters and distribution center.

I encourage everyone to have more patience with ALL these ebike vendors. Still building and delivering ebikes that are more complex to build than regular bikes. This at a time when a not insignificant number of regular bike makers or 'brand's' are already telling their would be customers ' NO BIKES FOR YOU' (aka soup nazi style) until 2021.

One such firm is a major brand (their name rhymes with wreck) ;)

Back