Problems with new Level

Good for you ! Takes courage to own up to a rush to judgement...
... and all this was because of one damaged spoke. On the non-powered wheel, at that. I wonder how much it would take to get LBS fix it - without explaining anything. Probably half an hour time and $30 in parts and labor. It's just a regular bicycle wheel.

Very well said Mike. These are challenging times and hopefully things will get back to normal soon. I can tell you from my observations in several Walmart stores and Dick‘s Sporting Goods that there is no bike in sight. Ever since this virus started, there’s a increased interest in bikes.

I purchased my Level at the end of May and really enjoy the bike. I have around 200 miles on it and now it's sitting in my garage with 4 broken spokes on the rear wheel. I contacted Aventon by e-mail on july 3rd to ask what spokes to order since I can't find them on their web page. As of this evening July 14th I haven't received a response. It's a bummer Aventon is taking so long, I'd really like to get rolling before the snow comes.
I understand broken spokes are common especially in newer bikes as they loosen up. Best to check them frequently and tighten if needed. A local bike shop or mobile bike repair should be able to fix this. In my area we have several mobile bike repair companies that will come to your home. Local bike shops here will do that also.

To the Canadian Aventon bike owners or those who are thinking about getting an Aventon. We are a full service bike shop in Lindsay Ontario. www.thebikegarage.ca - Aventon is one of our brands and we sell and service Aventon bikes.
We wanted to pitch in here and say that we think the Aventon brand is a great reasonably priced bicycle. We have had great feed back from our customers. Occasionally we ship bikes (in original packaging) and we include videos on how to assemble the bike , but also we are also just phone call or a facetime call away. We've had customers drive to our shop to pick up their assembled and PDI'd bikes from as far away as Niagara and Ottawa. Aventon has been going through some growing pains that we hope will be resolved soon, as we love the Brand and products.

Bravo to The Bike Garage!…….

while I am on opposite end of North America from The Bike Garage I love the fact they posted here to offer assistance to folks who purchased Aventon bikes. I live in a small town with minimal services so a Aventon dealer has been very helpful, even if they are 3 hours away! They have been very helpful with the test rides, purchase, and support with for our Aventon Pace 500’s. The value added benefit of having that LBS support cannot be understated.

KWR

Back