Problems installing a Trek "Range Boost" battery kit onto my Allant+ 7.

ebaystar

Region
USA
I bought the kit at a local dealer, but he told me that it would be easy to install myself. The installation manual certainly looks to be an easy install, however I'm stumped regarding the six motor-mount bolts.

In the installation manual there is a line drawing of a person using a small T40 axle wrench loosening the bolts by hand. I couldn't get any of the bolts to budge at all, so I moved to a large socket wrench with a T40 bit in place. No dice. Then I moved to a full-blown electric impact wrench. None of the damn bolts will even budge! Are the darn things epoxied in place or something? Maybe reverse-threaded?

It makes absolutely no sense to me that all six of them would be so tight. It's a new bike with no rust or anything. I even tried heating up the surrounding aluminum frame around the steel bolts. I'm at my wits end. Has anyone else experienced this with any of the Trek eBike models?

Probably Loctited. What did you use for heat? Hard to believe the bolts wouldn't come out with heat.

sounds like they were lazy mine installed my for free. I would not want to do it myself.
Sorry this is not going well for you. My Trek dealer installed mine. Dropping the motor and rewiring was not in my toolkit. maybe you should reconsider taking it into your local dealer? Or maybe he didn’t want to do the job either?

My dealer told me that doing the work myself would void the warranty. They did say it was easy though.

Back