Priority Current: Class 3 Urban Mid-Drive Belt E-Bike, 500W, Integrated Removable 500WH Battery, 140 NM, $3300 S/M/L

After reading this post it got me thinking about the Nm claims that are made by some companies. I did a bit hunting around to see what I could find on the subject. There is loads!
My conclusion... what a load of tosh! All of it! Complete waffle! 💩 💩 💩

After reading this post it got me thinking about the Nm claims that are made by some companies. I did a bit hunting around to see what I could find on the subject. There is loads!
My conclusion... what a load of tosh! All of it! Complete waffle! 💩 💩 💩
Yeah, what they should do is improve lots of stuff and charge $2,000 more. Well, then I wouldn't have bought one.

Yeah, what they should do is improve lots of stuff and charge $2,000 more. Well, then I wouldn't have bought one.
Or tell the truth for $0!
Where did that “load of tosh” come from?
You should get out more bro, you sound wound up too tight! lol

I am a new member and have enjoyed reading all of your posts. Have any of you Current owners tried riding on hard packed gravel or dirt roads, or up short but steep hills? The Current would seem to do everything I need on asphalt, but I have access to some really scenic rides literally out my back door if it could handle hard packed trails. I am an older rider and recently sold my 15 year old Specialized mountain bike. My lower back needs a more relaxed position now but I am not ready for a cruiser! Thanks for your advice.

I am a new member and have enjoyed reading all of your posts. Have any of you Current owners tried riding on hard packed gravel or dirt roads, or up short but steep hills? The Current would seem to do everything I need on asphalt, but I have access to some really scenic rides literally out my back door if it could handle hard packed trails. I am an older rider and recently sold my 15 year old Specialized mountain bike. My lower back needs a more relaxed position now but I am not ready for a cruiser! Thanks for your advice.
Hey! I unfortunately have no experience with non-urban scenarios, but I do have experience with hills. Please check out this thread: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...nal-choice-priority-current.39435/post-379150

The post linked is arguably the least useful but if you read it through the end, starting there, you will see a lot of my impressions regarding power and hills. Feel free to reach out with any questions!

Achterbahn,​

Thank you, that is a very useful report on hills!

FWIW, I checked the COSTCO link and the Current is still available at the introductory price if you log on with your membership number.

I don't mean to hijack a Priority thread but is there any other Gates drive ebike under $3,000 that has more power or gears?

PS This is a great group of people. You all are very generous with your time.

I have taken my Current on gravel trails, you will miss the suspension unless it is a smooth road -the one we take is also used by horses :( I can do a steep hill for a short distance (~15%) in PA5. Per Achterbahn Priority can update the bike's firmware to get more oomph. I may check into that later, not much riding right now in the ice and rain. I don't think you can find something that will beat this bike at the Costco price.

Achterbahn,​

Thank you, that is a very useful report on hills!

FWIW, I checked the COSTCO link and the Current is still available at the introductory price if you log on with your membership number.

I don't mean to hijack a Priority thread but is there any other Gates drive ebike under $3,000 that has more power or gears?

PS This is a great group of people. You all are very generous with your time.
I'm by no means an expert, but not that I know of. I know similar priced bikes that are more powerful, but no belt drive (e.g. Rize RX). I also know of belt drives with more reputable motors, but they're more expensive (e.g. Gazelle, R&M, etc).

Back