Priority Current: Class 3 Urban Mid-Drive Belt E-Bike, 500W, Integrated Removable 500WH Battery, 140 NM, $3300 S/M/L

Asher

Recently announced, seems like a pretty nice kit at a good price, from a company with a great reputation for customer service and durability, unlike all the relevant competition at this price or below.

Not a big fan of the mid step frame but at least they have multiple sizes. The stem is ugly and the handlebars stupid wide for an urban bike (NYC no less! where they're based), but that's easily fixed.

It has an enviolo continuously variable transmission, which I've found rather uninspiring to pedal on, but that was on shared bikes (Boston/DC) so maybe it was something else on the bike. Enviolos are supposed to have the best durability in their class (vs Shimano Nexus)

Best of all, it's a Class 3, 28 mph capable e-bike. Their prior e-bike had a 20 mph max, and cost $1k+ more.

Inb4 people gripe about a rigid fork. I switched to one and vastly preferred it. If you like to pedal hard, your knees make a better suspension :).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201004-091732_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20201004-091732_Brave.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 414
Looks good to me. It check off almost all the boxes for me. Curious to see what the weight is. I actually think it is much better looking than Evelo Aurora. Have emailed them to see if I may be able to test ride in their Tribeca store.

Looks good to me. It check off almost all the boxes for me. Curious to see what the weight is. I actually think it is much better looking than Evelo Aurora. Have emailed them to see if I may be able to test ride in their Tribeca store.
Please report back! I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this one.

Please report back! I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this one.

they said no test ride. Tribeca store is only for contactless pick up.
I am going to ask them if it is possible to at least see the bike there before ordering it. May be a bike that’s ready for delivery to another customer.

they said no test ride. Tribeca store is only for contactless pick up.
I am going to ask them if it is possible to at least see the bike there before ordering it. May be a bike that’s ready for delivery to another customer.
Thanks. I’ve read on other sites that motor company is a new company founded by people from Bafang. When I asked them if they had a torque or cadence sensor, they said torque. I might take a chance on ordering one because they said return shipping is $60.

I hear you.
Given their small size, and the fact that I am in NYC, I am just trying to do my best to avoid even the small likelihood that I have to return their bike. You feel bad doing that to a small company like them that doesn’t have the margin to absorb it.
Again I am not saying suck it up. Just saying given in am in the city, whatever additional due diligence I can do to be doubly sure that the bike works for me, is worth it.

Okay...a little more info. A rider on instagram says he took it 14 miles on 28% battery averaging level 3 assist. 5 on the hills/bridges, O on the downhills, 2-3 on the flats. He doesn't own one. Just a test ride.

Here is another article from Electrek... impressive specs for the price. ;)

• Motor: 500W mid-drive motor with torque sensor
  • Torque: 140 Nm
  • Top speed: 28 mph (45 km/h) or 20 mph (32 km/h) user-selectable
  • Range: 30-60 miles (48-96 km)
  • Battery: 500 Wh frame-integrated battery
  • Weight: 24 kg (53 lb)
  • Frame: 6061 aluminum mid-step
  • Brakes: Tektro dual-piston hydraulic disc brakes
  • Extras: Enviolo NuVinci stepless shifter with 380% gear range,
  • Gates Carbon Drive belt-drive system, composite fenders, braze ons for front and rear racks/accessories,
  • bright center-mount display, automatic front and rear LED lights, USB charging for phone/accessories,
  • adjustable stem, gel comfort saddle, touch-up paint included

Warranty, dealers, what motor brand is that ?

Should be 1.7-2.2k max.
Cheap entry level Tektro brakes and rotor, cheap seat, seatpost and crank. Cheap grips and cheap, flimsy kickstand also.
Another 400$ would be spent just to upgrade all the contact points.

And only a tiny 500wh battery ! For 2020 this is obsolete . At min. 604wh.
Don't BUY.

An Aventon with 675wh is 1.5k and gets the job done. For 3 k it should look like a Stromer or Specialized but it's not.

But 140nm and gates drive is very enviable. Good enough lights.

Last edited:

Should be 1.7-2.2k max.
Cheap entry level Tektro brakes and rotor, cheap seat, seatpost and crank. Cheap grips and cheap, flimsy kickstand also.

Don't BUY.

An Aventon with 675wh is 1.5k and gets the job done. For 3 k it should look like a Stromer or Specialized but it's not.

Lol no surprise you were already on ignore. "$2200 max" when other belt drive bikes cost far more.

The bike is a great value from a brand with an excellent reputation for service and reliability, far better than brands with rival products like Juiced. Let's see a $2200 belt drive class 3 ebike.

The motor brand is truckrun.

, far better than brands with rival products like Juiced. Let's see a $2200 belt drive class 3 ebike.

The motor brand is truckrun.

Maybe 2399$ max. with better brakes and seat.

I agree that Juiced is juicing their customers and has vastly inferior ebikes compared to This brand and many others. Then Juiced should be under 1grand to be fair ! The paint jo looks really nice on Priority ebikes.
But a belt drive system is much cheaper to make in a factory then all those separate drivetrain parts. So the ebike should be cheaper not more $.
That motor should be used by many other brands, it can probably pull a bus.

Should be 1.7-2.2k max.

Don't BUY.

The only obsolete battery in 2020 is the 400wh battery. 500 still seems to be the standard. Maybe you will find one on a hub drive bike, but rarely under 3700 with a mid drive motor. I actually took the seat off assuming I would favor my old Kalkhoff seat but I’m about to put it back on. The kickstand is not at all an issue. The seat post is not an issue. The brakes perform better than the brakes on the specialized Vado we have. The belt drive is great, the 380 degree hub is probably overkill. The grips are just as good as the specialized Vado or the kalkhoff grips that cost much more. There are some things I’d change about the bike, for sure, but not what you call out. I’d love a 600 wh battery, but I didn’t want to pay the price. I’m curious if you have ever seen or touched the bike.

The only obsolete battery in 2020 is the 400wh battery. 500 still seems to be the standard. Maybe you will find one on a hub drive bike, but rarely under 3700 with a mid drive motor. I actually took the seat off assuming I would favor my old Kalkhoff seat but I’m about to put it back on. The kickstand is not at all an issue. The seat post is not an issue. The brakes perform better than the brakes on the specialized Vado we have. The belt drive is great, the 380 degree hub is probably overkill. The grips are just as good as the specialized Vado or the kalkhoff grips that cost much more. There are some things I’d change about the bike, for sure, but not what you call out. I’d love a 600 wh battery, but I didn’t want to pay the price. I’m curious if you have ever seen or touched the bike.

It's a good ebike , much better then the ones under 2k , but @ 2.9k is a few hundred bucks overpriced. Battery size is the most imp. With a 500wh , one MUST carry a spare. A 600wh pack covers most needs. A 672Wh is almost perfect.

It's a good ebike , much better then the ones under 2k , but @ 2.9k is a few hundred bucks overpriced. Battery size is the most imp. With a 500wh , one MUST carry a spare. A 600wh pack covers most needs. A 672Wh is almost perfect.
Specialized Vado 5 has a 600wh battery but that bike sells for $4350. Gazelle doesn't even offer a battery larger than 500wh at any price. Giant is just this year (20/21)moving to 500wh batteries. Bulls has more than a few bikes with >600 wh batteries, but those bikes cost between $4 and $7K. I would imagine that 95% of rides/riders average less than 30 miles per trip. A 500wh batteries will handle those trips, even with some hills.

Has anyone tried ordering? It’s only showing me the Shimano IGH option and no Enviolo option.

D6FC4098-C382-49C4-97CA-06B0DEFA299B.jpeg

Specialized Vado 5 has a 600wh battery but that bike sells for $4350. Gazelle doesn't even offer a battery larger than 500wh at any price. Giant is just this year (20/21)moving to 500wh batteries. Bulls has more than a few bikes with >600 wh batteries, but those bikes cost between $4 and $7K. I would imagine that 95% of rides/riders average less than 30 miles per trip. A 500wh batteries will handle those trips, even with some hills.

The bikes you mentioned are more expensive because of better components, build sets and motors.

Back