I was able to wire my supernova lights internally though the frame where the front derailleur cable was before. I also have SRAM guide hydraulic disc brakes and did not install the e brakes. I have a green button on order from EM3 to disengage the motor when shifting and braking. I'm very happy with the C963 display mainly because it is smaller looks great even though I will have to adjust to reading KPH vs MPH. I love how you can use the throttle without changing the pedal assist mode. This makes me wonder about converting to a single speed geared very high and then using the throttle to get to speed and pedaling in that gear.

I received the same kit from Luna Cycles and had more luck. I just have my connections connected together with electrical tape right now until I get some anderson powerpoles.

Hi,

I thought Luna was using the XT60 and XT90 connectors. I use the XT60's. You can get them from Hobby King for a few bucks, or from Luna. If you get the pigtails you can solder them or use a crimp. My gripe with the Andersons is that you need the crimp tool. I couldn't see any way around that.

https://www.electricbike.com/ebike-connectors/

I bought some xt60s but I have to add in my bike light wires and the drive wires and it was too much to fit well in the xt60s so I'm going to go to anderson powerpoles.

I bought some xt60s but I have to add in my bike light wires and the drive wires and it was too much to fit well in the xt60s so I'm going to go to anderson powerpoles.
It never seems to be easy. I'm thinking of getting some electric gloves inserts. They want 12 volts, so I was trying to figure out how to do the step down, then the wiring up to the front, the plugs for the gloves.

Court likes an integrated electrical system, with the lights and maybe a USB. It can be a bit challenging.

xt60.JPG

These are fairly thick wires so running parallel circuits or even a compact connecting point can be annoying.

The last user review I read of the HD suggested it had enough power and ran cool enough you really wouldn't have to use the gears like most mid-drives. That may end up being the bullet point for me.

Have fun with it. Hope you get some quality time for testing soon. As always, we will appreciate any reports.

The ones I bought didn't come with the pig tails so I assumed I had to solder it because there wasn't much inside the connect to crimp to. The Dolphin pack has a usb port on it which is pretty slick. I lucked out with the bike I chose because I ran some wires internally and then there was an extra space on the frame to run other wires. Black is also great because it looks clean.

What are electric glove inserts? @George S.

Logan, please post some pics of your build - it looks and sounds awesome! Also, what does the finished bike weigh in at?

Cheers...

Only have two picture right now sorry. I did go tubeless to help the weight. I can't imagine it weighs more than 50lbs but we will see.

IMG_2452.JPG
IMG_2453.JPG

The ones I bought didn't come with the pig tails so I assumed I had to solder it because there wasn't much inside the connect to crimp to. The Dolphin pack has a usb port on it which is pretty slick. I lucked out with the bike I chose because I ran some wires internally and then there was an extra space on the frame to run other wires. Black is also great because it looks clean.

What are electric glove inserts? @George S.

This company seems to be pretty serious about the product:

http://powerinmotion.ca/Products/He...nvQTMp_-ZaKpLe05HorcmYp7tVOhP140UAaAoNP8P8HAQ

I'm trying to get 12 volts to the front of the bike so I can power them off the battery, the 36v bike battery. The inserts are 12 volts. I haven't bought them yet. I am trying other options, for the moment.

Hope this helps.

These are my stats from this mornings commute. Temperature was in the low 20's so I wore snow clothes and my snowboarding helmet with ski goggles. 3/4 of the ride was covered with hard packed snow/ice. The fat bike handled it amazingly. I don't think I could ride any other bike to work in those types of conditions. I slipped a little once but that was because I was turning and going too fast on the ice. I really feel like the gear sensing would be more annoying than anything. I wouldn't want the motor to shut off to shift. If you are a little careful and plan ahead you can shift very smoothly without it. I also don't have e brakes which I think I will prefer not having. The motor shuts off when you stop pedaling so I stop pedaling when I brake and slow my pedal as I shift. The other great thing is being able to use the throttle no matter was PAS you are in. If you forgot to downshift before a big uphill then you can just hit the throttle and then shift your gears so there is less torque on them. I'm really happy with the supernova lights and everything else really. The Bluto front fork handled the bumps and snow very nicely.

IMG_2456.PNG
IMG_2457.PNG

Temperature was in the low 20's so I wore snow clothes and my snowboarding helmet with ski goggles. 3/4 of the ride was covered with hard packed snow/ice. The fat bike handled it amazingly. I don't think I could ride any other bike to work in those types of conditions.
Wow, that is just unbelievable. I honestly think the problem with ebikes is that they aren't 'four season' transport. Maybe with my heated hoodie and some heated gloves. :D Very impressive!

I hit a top speed of about 30 mph but it was risky since snow and ice would come unexpectedly. However I really enjoyed the no limitation feeling that I could go as fast as I could pedal. With the Turbo x I felt like the brakes were going on at 26 mph and it was really frustrating. The fat tires feel very stable when going fast on sharp turns and smooth overall.

For $2000 I don't know what to say. It may be tough to get the Genie back in the bottle. We're talking 2 HP here. Nothing, in the scheme of things. Not for me to decide.:cool:

I really think that would be a lot of fun.

Talked to Eric or somebody at Luna yesterday while I was at work, plus via email. They going to ship me a new charger first and see if it will charge the battery. If not then we'll ship the battery back and they'll ship me another one. So I'm figuring weeks are going to go by and before I'm up and riding.

Lets meet and we can just try my charger. Then let him know and they can just send the battery if that doesn't work. I have my charger on me if you want to swing by.

Hope this worked out. If they have to send a battery, the return is a pain, with the Hazmat stuff.

There are vendors with different levels of service. Lectric Cycle is more a full service operation, with higher prices. Luna is kind of a no-frills airline. No drinks and packets of peanuts. If you are lucky, a flight attendant comes out halfway through the flight and throws a peanut down the aisle to fight over. Cheap always cuts both ways.

But seriously, I like the idea of just buying parts with very low margins, even with no warranty. They may need to sell batteries for a while, before people can feel real secure.

There's a Sondors market for parts, and they have deep resources to help people. Luna might want to think about a help forum or library, or maybe people can develop real help threads over here or on ES. Karl puts tons of stuff on his site, and his articles are organized.

People could troubleshoot this issue somewhat but in the end they have two parts they can send out.

Seems like a great bike. Focus on that, I guess.

Tough luck Kaldeem. You have waited a long time for your preorder and it must feel terrible. It will get sorted out one way or another just hang on a little longer. It will feel so good when you ride your hard earned e-bike, you will forget all the anguish.

Tough luck Kaldeem. You have waited a long time for your preorder and it must feel terrible. It will get sorted out one way or another just hang on a little longer. It will feel so good when you ride your hard earned e-bike, you will forget all the anguish.

Yo thanks Andre. I appreciate it.

This company seems to be pretty serious about the product:

http://powerinmotion.ca/Products/He...nvQTMp_-ZaKpLe05HorcmYp7tVOhP140UAaAoNP8P8HAQ

I'm trying to get 12 volts to the front of the bike so I can power them off the battery, the 36v bike battery. The inserts are 12 volts. I haven't bought them yet. I am trying other options, for the moment.

Hope this helps.
I have a pair of these and they are great! I have a 12 Volt converter on one of my bikes, but I also have the standalone battery packs you can use with these gloves (in fact mostly I use one 12V battery in each glove). One reason is that I use them for more than bike riding (snow shoveling, etc.) and the batteries last quite a long time.

Back