Full suspension
Fat tire (up to 4.8)
Either AWD or mid motor
Battery that lasts 50+ miles
Belt drive
Internal gear hub
Hydraulic disc brakes
Quality parts

I would love a price of $3k or less, but with quality parts I am guessing it would be much more

I priced out building it myself and was at $6k

Does this bike exist yet? I found some close ones:

JEEP ebike is close, but missing belt drive and uses OK parts and is $6k

Luna Fat Babe is OK with good price $3k but not full suspension

FLX Blade 2.0 is nice but not fat bike and not full suspension at $6k

Sounds like your list is pretty close to another recent thread, below. The short answer is that FS belt-drive bikes are rare, perhaps for good reason. I don't think there are any fat bikes mentioned there.

these are way over your budget but they check every other box (except fat tires which are only a preferred choice in sand or snow).

20-f00354-sudlt-gt-rohlf-51-tndrgrey-gx-front-carrier_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Looking for the perfect bike

Full suspension
Fat tire (up to 4.8)
Either AWD or mid motor
Belt drive
Internal gear hub
Hydraulic disc brakes
Quality parts

I would love a price of $3k or less, but with quality parts I am guessing it would be much more

Only one bike hits everything on your list, except price.

Mid motor
Hydraulic brakes
Fat tires
Belt drive
Internally geared
Touring range

Fat Boy

Just being a 'weizguy' :p

Even if such a bike existed, it'd be waaaaay over your budget.You need to revisit your requirements and set more realistic expectations. The belt + FS greatly limit your options, the R&M being one of the very few.

Even if such a bike existed, it'd be waaaaay over your budget.You need to revisit your requirements and set more realistic expectations. The belt + FS greatly limit your options, the R&M being one of the very few.
Actually, if I find the perfect bike, I would probably spend $6k since it would cost that much for me to build

Bulls Iconic Evo speed did it for me. $6500. No belt, but German Bike is fast and surprisingly agile.

Where will you be riding this bike? Steep hills? MTB trails? Sand and/or snow?

Having a realistic idea about what you actually need for the way you're actually going to ride will give you a good idea about which of those components are must-haves, and which might just be nice dreams dreams ;).

PatriciaK makes some good points. Also, just imagine pedaling that bike with no assist. You've chosen basically every option that makes a bike heavier and less efficient and want them all on the same bike.

The only way all those pieces make sense together on one bike is as a commuter ebike with a powerful motor and big battery because you aren't going to do much unassisted pedaling and it's going to be unwieldy out on trails. I'd argue that if you really want all those things then you're better off splitting your money into two bikes. One belt-drive IGH commuter and one fat bike with traditional gears for your sand/snow/trail adventures.

All that said, I did find a FS fat ebike, albeit without the belt/IGH. But the website makes it sound like they're willing to build it for you if you're willing to pay extra (spoiler, it's already very expensive). https://www.lamerecycles.com/esummit

PatriciaK makes some good points. Also, just imagine pedaling that bike with no assist. You've chosen basically every option that makes a bike heavier and less efficient and want them all on the same bike.

The only way all those pieces make sense together on one bike is as a commuter ebike with a powerful motor and big battery because you aren't going to do much unassisted pedaling and it's going to be unwieldy out on trails. I'd argue that if you really want all those things then you're better off splitting your money into two bikes. One belt-drive IGH commuter and one fat bike with traditional gears for your sand/snow/trail adventures.

All that said, I did find a FS fat ebike, albeit without the belt/IGH. But the website makes it sound like they're willing to build it for you if you're willing to pay extra (spoiler, it's already very expensive). https://www.lamerecycles.com/esummit
Nice find and I only live about 20 minutes away from them ... but oh so expensive

Looking for the perfect bike

Full suspension
Fat tire (up to 4.8)
Either AWD or mid motor
Belt drive
Internal gear hub
Hydraulic disc brakes
Quality parts

My options expanded when I gave up on the idea of fat tires. Too much rolling resistance. And I don't plan to ride in any mud or deep sand. The bike I have on order has 2.8" wide tires and they look pretty butch. I never even considered a Rolhof or whatever ya call them. Just too much money. The other stuff on your list is still at least 4 grand. My list is about the same otherwise. I want the best reasonable money can buy. I spent 4.5k.

My options expanded when I gave up on the idea of fat tires. Too much rolling resistance. And I don't plan to ride in any mud or deep sand. The bike I have on order has 2.8" wide tires and they look pretty butch. I never even considered a Rolhof or whatever ya call them. Just too much money. The other stuff on your list is still at least 4 grand. My list is about the same otherwise. I want the best reasonable money can buy. I spent 4.5k.

What did you end up purchasing?

It's a no badge Frey AM 1000. You can get them $500 cheaper direct from Frey and everybody says Frey is ok to deal with. But you gotta buy them from Alibaba and wait three months. Pay more for air freight makes them about the same price I paid. WTH. Bolton had them and I am an impatient man.

It's a no badge Frey AM 1000. You can get them $500 cheaper direct from Frey and everybody says Frey is ok to deal with. But you gotta buy them from Alibaba and wait three months. Pay more for air freight makes them about the same price I paid. WTH. Bolton had them and I am an impatient man.

When do you expect your Raptor? It looks like they added some upgrades since I last visited their offer no? (rack, fenders, tubeless)

When do you expect your Raptor? It looks like they added some upgrades since I last visited their offer no? (rack, fenders, tubeless)

They added a dropper seat too. Don't know if I'll use it and I'll probably remove the fenders. Rack's OK. It's supposed to ship end of this month but who knows?

Back