Pedal assist stopped working on BBS02

Always good to mix work and play...keeps things interesting.
Fyi... There is no way to disable the PAS system in the display settings.
If you haven't gotten a USB CABLE to modify your controller settings... I highly recommend that you do. Best accessory for the BBSxx
Here's an example: USB PROGRAMING CABLE
I have a Macbook, and no PC. I'd have to borrow one.

As I understand it, the programming cable requires a PC.

But I could get an EggRider display and connect via BlueTooth to a Smartphone app and change any motor firmware settings I could have with the programming cable...right? Or wrong? :)

I don't have the C500, but maybe you can try setting it to a different level number than where it is already set. Maybe it got hung in some random setting. I believe it can be set for 3, 5, and 9 PAS levels? Then make sure you're not in level 0, and see what happens.

I don't have the C500, but maybe you can try setting it to a different level number than where it is already set. Maybe it got hung in some random setting. I believe it can be set for 3, 5, and 9 PAS levels? Then make sure you're not in level 0, and see what happens.
Good idea. I will try that tomorrow. Maybe that will reset things a bit.

I have a Macbook, and no PC. I'd have to borrow one.

As I understand it, the programming cable requires a PC.

But I could get an EggRider display and connect via BlueTooth to a Smartphone app and change any motor firmware settings I could have with the programming cable...right? Or wrong? :)
Correct.
Personally I'm not a big fan of the eggrider to use as a display.
But it's not a bad tool to change programming and to log statistics for troubleshooting
Just keep in mind that you can't use your current display and the eggrider at the same time

Good idea. I will try that tomorrow. Maybe that will reset things a bit.
Yes, it seems you actually can turn off PAS with the display, unlike what others have said.
That's why I wanted to see the display, if you have it on 0 it turns off assist !

Yes, it seems you actually can turn off PAS with the display, unlike what others have said.
That's why I wanted to see the display, if you have it on 0 it turns off assist !
Oh it's definitely not in 0. I have tried it at various PAS numbers. But I will still send a picture tomorrow.

My BBS02 throttle works in Pas 0. I like it that way. It was programmed by the vendor. If he had not done that, I would have had to buy a programming cable.

Yes I know that you can program it to do that. That's one reason why I like the programming cable. But that's not how it comes stock.
I originally did the same thing... But then reverted back as I found there was never an instance where I wanted only throttle.

And for further clarification... disabling the PAS system and putting the PAS system in Neutral 0 are two totally different things.

Well, I've accessed the controller, and the wires all appear to be fine. I have changed the number of pedal assist modes using the display to see if that would reset it and it has not.

I am contacting the Amazon seller I bought it from to see what they say. They are responsive so hopefully this won't be a big deal.

I chose to build this thing knowing it would be full of challenges, so I am keeping my spirits up. :)

You did say the red lights on the PAS sensor is blinking? Can't see it on the vid.
The red light on the speed sensor is working. The pedal assist sensor is not visible on this model, to the best of my knowledge. It's inside the motor, I believe.

The red light on the speed sensor is working. The pedal assist sensor is not visible on this model, to the best of my knowledge. It's inside the motor, I believe.
Try to get a look at the PAS sensor, make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or disconnected etc.
If there is a wire conector for the PAS, pull it off and reinsert it to make sure.

Try to get a look at the PAS sensor, make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or disconnected etc.
If there is a wire conector for the PAS, pull it off and reinsert it to make sure.
Thanks. I can't figure out exactly where the PAS is. Is it behind the 2 gear like pieces pictured below?

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 1.03.45 PM.png

Thanks. I can't figure out exactly where the PAS is. Is it behind the 2 gear like pieces pictured below?

View attachment 82537
It wouldn't be behind those gears, it is a magnet, so it needs to be close to the PAS magnet wheel,you said there was a magnet knocked out of place on the PAS wheel. Look adjacent to where those magnets rotate.

It wouldn't be behind those gears, it is a magnet, so it needs to be close to the PAS magnet wheel,you said there was a magnet knocked out of place on the PAS wheel. Look adjacent to where those magnets rotate.
Show a pic of the PAS magnet wheel.

I'm sorry, the magnet on the speed sensor is what got knocked out of place.

Back