PAS 1 to fast/strong... What are my options to lower it?

I know this is an old thread but I'm posting this as a bookmark in the hope it might help someone in the future.

I too have purchased a cheap ebay conversion kit. 250w, 48v, Not Voilamart but of that kind.

I was suffering the same issues as the original poster of this thread, namely that the bike would shoot to top speed of 18+mph in PAS1.

After lots and lots of tinkering and referring to various versions of my LCD support manual (its an SW900 by the way) I cracked it.

Parameter P07 - the Magnet count for speed detection (also called Motor Speed Magnet Type - not that this is NOT the pedal assist magnets!) was set at the factory to a value of "86" This needs to be set to at LEAST 100 ... and mine is now at the max of 120 which gives the most accurate speed reflection on the LCD

There is also a Parameter for number of PAS levels ( I think it's P05) which needs to be set to "1 "for 5 PAS levels

Result = PAS1 gives me 8.5 mph (roughly) , PAS 2 about 11mph... and top whack only coming in on PAS 5.

Hope this helps somebody. Pay it forward I believe our cousins across the pond say!! ;-)

Got my 1st ebike a few weeks ago and as much as I like the bike, PAS 1 is just to fast.
Even after all the tweaks to the display settings to weaken the power and sensitivity, pas1 is running at 11-12 mph and that's pedaling lightly in 7th gear.
If I downshift to 6th gear or move up to pas2, I cant keep up with the speed by pedaling.
The way its setup, gears 1-5 and pas level 2-5 are useless I guess, unless I'm climbing a big hill which I don't have around me.

I know I can change the gearing to give me more pedal and allow the use of more gears and probably pas 2 but that wont change the fact that pas1 is running at 11 mph and I would like it much lower.

I've been doing some research and have read about CYCLE ANALYST 3.0 that will allow you to lower the PAS settings, along with allot of other things. I've also heard of other displays that give more setting control but don't know what will work with my setup. I'm assuming to use a different display, I'll need a new controller but I have no idea where to start on figuring out what will work with what. I doubt its out there but something just plug and play would be awesome but if I have to do some rewiring im ok with that as long as I have a good guide or instructions to go by.

So what are my options?
Any help would be much appreciated.

(My Bike: Aostirmotors S07-B with 750 watt Truckrun Rear hub motor, SW-U-LCD display)
Don't know what the compatibility is with your bike, but for mine (Ride1UP Roadster v2) I was recently able to get a supposedly "unsupported" aftermarket LCD display to work with it, and allow FULL programming of PAS levels/output, assist speed limits, etc. I took a chance, and it actually worked. It's the EggRider display (from the UK). Even though the rear hub motor is not a Bafang, it worked when the display was set up as a Bafang.

In my case, I was able to change 5 PAS levels to 9 PAS, customize the power output (current) at each level, and even set the maximum speed at each which assist drops off. I posted my findings at https://electricbikereview.com/foru...lster-aftermarket-improved-lcd-display.50253/

Love the EggRider! YRMV.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220826-095259.jpg
    Screenshot_20220826-095259.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20220826-095349.jpg
    Screenshot_20220826-095349.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 105
First I would say if you are moving from a pedal bike to an ebike it will feel like it is running away from you and you won't have the pedal resistance that you are used to. Give it time and you will start finding a cadence that works but don't expect the same resistance. That is why most people ride ebikes.

There are ways to add more resistance through settings on some ebikes but yours may not have that. Ask the dealer for help with settings.

You can also swap out the main chain ring for a larger ring with more teeth and that will add resistance to the pedaling.

If you don't have mechanical skills ask a bike shop to do it for you.

Now as for speed that ride of 11-12MPH is pretty much what a pedal bike will do when cruising and your 750 watt motor has a lot of power and is designed for higher speeds up to 28mph.

You probably should have a 250 or 350 watt ebike if you want to go much slower.

There is pas and there is pas with cadence. Pas with cadence you can set not the speed but the amount of help (torque) the motor delivers. That allows you to go 5mph.

Back