Pacific Northwest - Specialized Turbo Como 5.0 Low-Entry on Order

gadgetnut

Greetings from Skagit County, north of Seattle. I thank Court and this community for the abundance of helpful and inspiring information. After many months of managing chronic and acute conditions and living near the top of a good size hill, I became deconditioned and my bike rides had become ever closer to home and shorter, only occasionally loading my bike onto a bike rack to drive back and forth to local activity paths.

In the last month I visited my LBS and went on a few test rides and was astounded. You already know the feeling: with a huge grin on my face, I returned to the store utterly astonished that such joy could come back to me, and at this age. My 60th birthday is in a couple weeks and I ordered a Specialized Como 5.0 Low-Entry. The bike is on order and should be here within a week or so. I feel grateful to be excited about this new bike, as well as recalling similar happy feelings from my childhood.

Specialized's tagline is "It's You, Only Faster." I understand what they mean and love that the electric drivetrain and assist is seamlessly integrated. Faster is great and exhilarating, of course, but to be able to undertake longer, more distant, and more frequent bike rides at all feels hugely different from a "faster me." Like with the very best of technology, I feel the promise for a life expanding "new me." :) A rare and great feeling.

Looking forward to fun new experiences while spending more time outside, improving my fitness and overall wellness, and becoming part of a growing community. Cheers, good wishes, and happy trails to all.

This is super exciting. We have almost 7,000 miles on our family ebikes (I have 2500 miles on my bike), and it's still that joyful experience with every ride. You expressed it beautifully! I love "It's you, only faster". Perfect! Assistive technology for everyone! :D

I love my Turbo Levo FSR. I am 68 years old. It really gets me up the hills, on or off the pavement.

Welcome, I'm just a few miles north of you in Bellingham. I'm 68, been riding an ebike since February, 5400 miles so far. I'm hooked big time.

If you're like the rest of us, you'll be riding your new bike more often and further than you imagined.

I use weather underground's hour by hour forecast to find riding windows on days that threaten rain. I can usually find an hour or two, even on otherwise rainy days.

Enjoy your new ride.

Greetings, ebikemom, Mike, and Alaskan, and thanks for the welcome and encouragement. I just received the bike yesterday and I look forward to getting started this weekend. I'll also some photos soon. Happy trails!

A photo from this weekend of the new Como 5

1547432705496.png

Nice ride and accessories. I see quite a few of those bikes on our trails here. Oh......welcome to the asylum.

Back