Pace 500 - be careful at start, especially when also turning

I made the same observation about the Sinch. I'm not worried about myself, but I can definitely see it potentially being an issue for lesser dexterous or sensible folks. One can always turn the assist off.

Thanks for this information Rob Rob. It went on sale March 1. The price is $179.99 with a sale price of $149.99, but unfortunately they are sold out.

Unfortunately, it has cost them a sale. My wife was looking at a Pace 500 or a Level. She decided to wait until I received my Level to decide, as she had only briefly tested the Pace 500. The high rate of acceleration combined with the lowest PAS setting still going 12-13 mph, caused her to decide that neither model was for her. Previous to the Aventon, she had tried a few other bikes. None of them scared her like the Aventon did. They really need to rethink the acceleration curve and PAS setpoint span.
Waterman480 .... perhaos your wife should think of the Pacec350. After test riding at a local delarpership, I bought the Pace 350 instead of the 500 and am thrilled with it. It accelerates, in PAS 1, to 10 mph , but so much more smoothly than the 500. The 500 terrified me! (65 y.o. female, first e-bike)

I have a 500 and 350. The 500's extra battery capacity, higher top speed and fantastic hydraulic brakes make me wish we would have gone with two Pace 500's.

I have a 500 and 350. The 500's extra battery capacity, higher top speed and fantastic hydraulic brakes make me wish we would have gone with two Pace 500's.
Hmmm... good to know.
Since I ride my Pace 350 in PAS 1 or very occasionally PAS2, I have not been disappointed by the battery capacity. ...and, believe me, I always want to save some for my very long uphill ride home! 😳 .... When I want to go faster, I pedal .... no need for the higher Assist levels, in my way of using the bicycle.

The way I ride, in theory, the battery capacity of the 350 might well be fine (basically, PAS off through as much of my ride as possible), but my area is hilly enough that the 500 has only barely enough power at PAS 5 to make it up some hill climbs at around 5 or 6 mph. That said, my area is hilly, and I'm heavy... and my riding style isn't the same as everybody's else's in the house. We have 2 e-bikes and 4 people who ride (well, 5 really, but they don't make e-bikes for 5-yr old ASD kids), so different riders will ride differently. Having the assurance that it can meet everybody's needs is better than finding out you didn't quite get something good enough... especially after spending a few thousand dollars.

Back