Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

Reporting that my BH hardtail from BBB also came with the PWX display and the red Yamaha logo...believe that makes it a PW-se.

The bike seems to have arrived mostly assembled, all I did was put on the pedals and handlebars, attach the front brake caliper, then tire air. Seems to be shifting fine, motor seems to work fine.

I am going to take it to the LBS to have them true the front wheel. Is there anything else I should have them look at? This is the first time I put together a bike myself, and I am not sure if there is anything else I need to inspect/assemble.

Congratulations on the new BH... good to hear that you received the upgraded PW-X display and PW-SE motor.

If you are going to the LBS, you may want to also check the shifting and upper and lower stops for the rear derailleur.

Enjoy the ride!

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new BH... good to hear that you received the upgraded PW-X display and PW-SE motor.

I you are going to the LBS, you may want to also check the shifting and upper and lower stops for the rear derailleur.

Enjoy the ride!

All thanks to you, good sir. I wonder if BBB would have sold all those bikes if you didn't post the sale here on this thread...;)

I have the
Rebel Lynx PW lite.

It has the Display-X on it. I searched online and it says you can get some cycle metrics via Bluetooth. Is there an Ap to display the data on?
What does the bluetooth hookup to?

I have the Rebel Lynx PW lite.

It has the Display-X on it. I searched online and it says you can get some cycle metrics via Bluetooth.

Is there an Ap to display the data on? What does the Bluetooth hookup to?

There are a few apps available, however, I have been unable to successfully pair with Bluetooth.

Just go into the menus on your PW-X display to turn on Bluetooth and then link on your phone app.

Let us know if you are successful and find anything that is supported. Here is an short thread on the apps:

1583207270131.png

Thanks .
Today I took out the bottom plastic cover and it was perfectly silent so it is the plastic cover under the motor that causes creaks as you said. Unfortunately I had to put the cover back on because it is protecting several cables.

I used some electrical tape since I didn't have orings. No major creaks but you can hear very slight creaks.

On a separate note, I tightened the two screws that connect the motor to the frame to 20nm (if my torque wrench is right, these are rated 22nm max). I realized that one of the nuts behind the chainring had a washer but the other didn't. Do you mind taking a look behind the chain ring next time you ride to see if both nuts have washers(these nuts are outside of the motor , go to the other end of the 22nm rated screws)?

Sorry for getting back late about this. Yes, both mounding bolts/screws have a washer behind the nut on the chainring side.

Another curiosity regarding the Yamaha motor on the Gravel X. On a ride today I spun up my cadence to up to over 130 rpm to see where the assist would cut out. A PW is supposed to cut out at 100 rpm, the SE at 110 and 120 for the PWX. The assist icon on the display didn't disappear until I was over 120 rpm or the speed exceeded 20 mph. I didn't notice loss of assist and the motor sounded like it was working up to 120 rpm. So based on that parameter maybe it has both the PWX motor as well as the PWX display?

Another curiosity regarding the Yamaha motor on the Gravel X. On a ride today I spun up my cadence to up to over 130 rpm to see where the assist would cut out. A PW is supposed to cut out at 100 rpm, the SE at 110 and 120 for the PWX. The assist icon on the display didn't disappear until I was over 120 rpm or the speed exceeded 20 mph. I didn't notice loss of assist and the motor sounded like it was working up to 120 rpm. So based on that parameter maybe it has both the PWX motor as well as the PWX display?

Unlikely, Pw/Pw-se and Pw-x has different form factors hence I don't think they can be swapped on the same frame.
On the other hand as I said before I think the motors coming with pw-x display, whether they have red or metallic cover are all SE versions.

Unlikely, Pw/Pw-se and Pw-x has different form factors hence I don't think they can be swapped on the same frame.
On the other hand as I said before I think the motors coming with pw-x display, whether they have red or metallic cover are all SE versions.

Actually, the PW and PW-X have the same bolt pattern... only the Q-factor is different.
Edit - I stand corrected on the bolt pattern and the PW-X is also more narrow.

Last edited:

I think you're likely right re: the SE motor. I remember seeing a publication from Yamaha that pairs the SE motor with the PW-X display. Everything I have seen re: the PW pairs it with the older displays. I spun it up to a bit over 100rpm and didn't hit the limit either.

If it's nice tomorrow I'll go give mine a spin and see what I get. I suspect I have the SE version as well as I have the X display too.
I was a little surprised when I unboxed to see it. I was worried about the reviews that said the older display was prone to fall off the bracket and shut the bike down.

I have a Gravel X from BBB and a Rebel PW-X hardtail that I bought last summer. The PW-X motor is physically much smaller than the PW or SE. To me they look very different.

The main thing I notice comparing motors is the engagement. The PW-X engages much quickly and smoothly. Aside from that, performance-wise they seem very similar. The PW-X with its additional pawls does freewheel much louder than the very quiet PW or SE.

I couldn't resist as they dropped price to $870 on the last Gravel X. Submitted offer for $820 which was accepted. If anyone here wants it just PM me and I'll be happy to provide login to purchase (item will stay in cart for 24 hours). Otherwise I'll find a place for it in our garage. :)

Edit: bike has been claimed by 1 lucky EBR member

Last edited:
I couldn't resist as they dropped price to $870 on the last Gravel X. Submitted offer for $820 which was accepted. If anyone here wants it just PM me and I'll be happy to provide login to purchase (item will stay in cart for 24 hours). Otherwise I'll find a place for it in our garage. :)

I've been eyeing it for a few days...didn't realize there was a best offer button!

I personally wouldn't want SRAM Guide brakes due to the messy, toxic, and expensive maintenance. Give me Magura MT5s.

If one has a bike with SRAM Guide brakes, what would an upgrade to Magura MT5, MT7 (or Shimano Saint or whatever) look like? Could I keep the Guide discs (203mm front, 180mm rear)? Would I need new adapters as well as calipers, levers, and hoses?

Suggestions, tips, etc. welcom.

Back