Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

If one has a bike with SRAM Guide brakes, what would an upgrade to Magura MT5, MT7 (or Shimano Saint or whatever) look like?
Could I keep the Guide discs (203mm front, 180mm rear)? Would I need new adapters as well as calipers, levers, and hoses?
Suggestions, tips, etc. welcome.

I would recommend upgrading the rotors and pads before touching the calipers... SRAM Guide brakes are excellent.

I'm just such a sucker for ~50% off, and like they are saying in the Coronavirus thread, time to be stockpiling ebikes, among other things! ;)

Bought one of the BH Lynx 6 27.5+ Pro models - I just love the Brose mid-drives and haven't personally had any trouble with them. Had bought a different bike (Bulls) from that Crazy web site last night (my first purchase experience with them) but they informed me quickly that it had been mistakenly on the site, and they actually haven't had any of those models available for a couple of months. They quickly refunded my payment, no issues whatsoever.

But I had also been looking seriously at the Lynx, and asked if they would rectify my less-than-optimal first purchasing attempt by giving free shipping. They agreed, and now I have another ebike on the way. They have maybe 11 of the large size frame, and almost 20 of the medium size frame Lynx 6's currently in stock.

All in all an overall positive buying experience with CL's Ebikes. I have ordered other bikes from different sites, which wound up not being in stock (in the size ordered), and it was like pulling teeth to get my payment refunded. CL's Ebikes handled things totally professionally, with an obvious customer orientation.

Congrats on the Lynx 6! Looks like a nice bike and an absolute steal with free shipping. That's the bike that initially got me interested in this thread as I was so impressed by the smoothness of the Brose motors after test riding a Turbo Levo.

HT Atom Pro RC (Demo) for $1960:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

The time of over 40lb ebike is kind of over.

Samsung already has the technology for SS cells , Likely within a year , max. 2 we will have that in ebikes. And lighter motors too.
I would buy it, enjoy it , then sell it when the lighter ones are arriving.

Catchy ad ! I wanted to check for that DI2 Bulls Mtb.

Attachments

• 30CC7B7E-3AC4-45C9-B726-3F284C8D4C6C.png
    30CC7B7E-3AC4-45C9-B726-3F284C8D4C6C.png
    1 MB · Views: 363
When Lenny's has a 40lb eMTB for under $2K let us know, ha. I want more than 250W battery though.

When Lenny's has a 40lb eMTB for under $2K let us know, ha. I want more than 250W battery though.
I agree. My ultimate goal is to find one of those myself in the coming future. LaMere Cycles in MN will build you a custom eMTB with full carbon, E8000 motor, however, they will bill you @ at approx $8K for the complete package. I'll pass and wait on that one.

Very cool... thanks for sharing.

Reporting that my BH hardtail from BBB also came with the PWX display and the red yamaha logo...believe thag makes it a pw-se.

The bike seems to have arrived mostly assembled, all i did was put on the pedals and handlebars, attach the front brake calipur, then tire air. Seems to be shifting fine, motor seems to work fine.

I am going to take it to the LBS to have them true the front wheel. Is there anything else I should have them look at? This is the first time I put together a bike myself, and I am not sure if there is anything else I need to inspect / assemble.

At the risk of being arrogant by quoting my own post - I trued the wheel myself. Just used some zip ties around the frame as a substitute for a truing stand. Came out just fine. Was a lot easier than I expected...which is turning out to be the case for lots of these bike maintenance tasks I am taking on. @FlatSix911

A buddy of mine finally got around to putting his two Rebel Lite BBB bikes together. He got the PW SE on both of them.

A buddy of mine finally got around to putting his two Rebel Lite BBB bikes together. He got the PW SE on both of them.

Great to hear this news. The PW-SE is really an excellent motor... did he also get the PW-X Display? ;)

I think all of the gravel bikes came with PW-SE motors and PW-X displays.

I also got three 27.5s, all of which came with PW, but the one 29er I got came with PW-SE.

Weird...

I think all of the gravel bikes came with PW-SE motors and PW-X displays.

I also got three 27.5s, all of which came with PW, but the one 29er I got came with PW-SE.

Weird...

Congrats on the getting the Rebel 29'er with the Yamaha PW-SE and upgraded PW-X display... they must have been cleaning out the parts bin. ;)

Regarding the Gravel-X, all the BBB bikes came with the Yamaha PW-SE motor/PW-X display even though Court's own review shows the PW... weird.

1584502314056.png
1584502344932.png

Bicycle Blue Book 2018 Easy Motion Rebel Gravel X

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
1584502445864.png
1584502456077.png
1584506107234.png

Attachments

• 1584502469366.png
    1584502469366.png
    403.6 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
I wonder which display/motor my Lynx 6 27.5 Pro + will have on it when I receive it tomorrow. No, wait, I got the one with the Brose system, so I guess no surprises for me! ;)

What was a little surprising to me is that the 'new' sales price on that bike at CL's site this week is $600 more than I paid for the bike on Mar. 10. Are e-bike supplies and inventory really getting low due to the virus, or (since they stated that e-bike sales were slow due to the virus) are they creating more headroom in their advertised prices to then give 'special discounts' to stimulate individual purchases for those who may be on the fence?

No worries on my end as our little 'fleet' of e-bikes is now nearly complete (although it now looks like July or thereafter before my wife's HyperScorpion gets delivered). But we can beat cabin fever and still achieve social distancing by getting out for little daily e-rides.

It really is too bad that more folks (and I'm speaking from a U.S. perspective) haven't discovered both the practical and emotional value/benefit of e-bikes.

Back