Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

FlatSix911, thanks for posting the geometry specs. What I found interesting is the 29ers are sized almost identically to the 27.5"+ PWX. So while I initially thought the 29er frame ran high on stack vs the 27.5" lite, it may actually be the other way around with the 27.5" lite frames running shorter on stack than average.

I was wondering if the pw-x display works when the pack is not installed to the bike. After installing the button battery the display is still not turning on.

Also does the battery pack come in a deep sleep state that needs some input to wake up?

FlatSix911, thanks for posting the geometry specs. What I found interesting is the 29ers are sized almost identically to the 27.5"+ PWX.
So while I initially thought the 29er frame ran high on stack vs the 27.5" lite, it may actually be the other way around with the 27.5" lite frames running shorter on stack than average.

Glad to help.

I was wondering if the PW-x display works when the pack is not installed to the bike.

After installing the button battery the display is still not turning on.

Also does the battery pack come in a deep sleep state that needs some input to wake up?

The main battery is required to activate the PW-X display... the button battery only stores the internal settings.

Yamaha ships the battery pack in a deep sleep state that prevents discharge and requires 4 hrs to fully charge.

Last edited:
Have one confirmed report (per @EMGX) of the Gravel X coming with PW-X display but gray label (PW) motor.
Seems it might be a crapshoot whether it comes with PW-SE or PW.

Another EBR member confirmed his Gravel-X arrived with the PW motor and upgraded PW-X display... Woot!

Last edited:
Here is the current BBB inventory listed as of Monday evening, 2/24/20... this may not account for the latest eBay sales.

All of the BH mountain bikes are gone, however, the Gravel-X is still available... with the Yamaha PW motor and disc brakes.

Looks like the price has been reduced again to $916 to clear out the remaining stock (8)... a great deal for a nice spec mid-drive.

www.bicyclebluebook.com
www.bicyclebluebook.com

1582613635874.png

Last edited:
Another EBR member confirmed his Gravel-X arrived with the PW motor and upgraded PW-X display... Woot!
Why Woot? Seems a downgrade from the pics which show PW-SE?

Looks like the price has been reduced again to $916

Nice to see the price drop. I guess I need to submit another offer on the new listing as their counter-offer on the old listing seems bricked. It wouldn't let me reject it. :)

Why Woot? Seems a downgrade from the pics which show PW-SE?

Nice to see the price drop. I guess I need to submit another offer on the new listing as their counter-offer on the old listing seems bricked. It wouldn't let me reject it. :)

Woot because the Gravel-X in Courts EBR Review is shown with the old display and controls... it actually ships with the high-end PW-X display and controls.

1582615211043.png
1582615273890.png
1582615251724.png

1582683894007.png
1582683948273.png

Last edited:
@FlatSix911 Does your pw-se click when backpedaling? I also hear random clicks but it may be coming from other parts.

The size is unfortunately a little small.

I am planning to get something like this but still I don't know how much it can fix it. Right now my seat is a good 6" above the handlebar.

Also there were a lot of creaks when I was pedaling, I had to tighten the two screws outside (they were not tightened right). The major creaks are gone but I still hear faint ones.

Rebel HT #3 (Medium 27.5") arrived today from BBB. Came with larger display and PW motor like my other 2 bikes. I'm actually fine with this as I wanted interchangeable parts between the bikes. Also, if you want to tune the speed limiter it's about half the price vs. the PW-SE:

PW-SE is pricier:

Last edited:
Got my third BBB $777 deal bike today (got it for a bit less) - a Med Rebel Lite 29er.

The first two bikes were PERFECT (27.5 L and M) - no blemishes that I could see, batteries charged right up and everything worked perfectly; even the shifting was dead on and required no adjustments.

First thing I noticed about this one, however, was that there was no resistance on the rear brake. I thought maybe the orange pad spreader came out, but upon squeezing the lever another time I started to see brake fluid on the floor.

Upon closer inspection, there was a cut across the brake line, electric wiring and shifter cable housing that must have occurred in packing or shipping (pic below). Of the 25+ bikes I've had shipped to me, only one had damage - a 2016 Haibike HardLife ladies model I got for a friend from Lenny's - and it proved to be mostly cosmetic (top cap and fork crown rubbed against each other when shipping). This however renders the bike unusable...

I just emailed BBB and hope this can be resolved with minimal fuss, but it's gonna be a PITA regardless :confused:

1582770647720.png

That's too bad. On all 3 of my boxes from BBB I was really impressed to see no signs of any shipping damage. The boxes themselves arrived spotless with no holes. Were there any holes in your box? That might be a tip off it was damaged in shipping.

Got my third BBB $777 deal bike today (got it for a bit less) - a Med Rebel Lite 29er.

The first two bikes were PERFECT (27.5 L and M) - no blemishes that I could see, batteries charged right up and everything worked perfectly; even the shifting was dead on and required no adjustments. First thing I noticed about this one, however, was that there was no resistance on the rear brake. I thought maybe the orange pad spreader came out, but upon squeezing the lever another time I started to see brake fluid on the floor.

Upon closer inspection, there was a cut across the brake line, electric wiring and shifter cable housing that must have occurred in packing or shipping (pic below). Of the 25+ bikes I've had shipped to me, only one had damage - a 2016 Haibike HardLife ladies model I got for a friend from Lenny's - and it proved to be mostly cosmetic (top cap and fork crown rubbed against each other when shipping). This, however, renders the bike unusable... I just emailed BBB and hope this can be resolved with minimal fuss, but it's gonna be a PITA regardless :confused: View attachment 46486

Sorry to hear about your recent issue... BBB has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
1582774008141.png

My gravel x had a loud clunking noise from the bottom bracket area. BBB offered to authorize a return, no problem. I found the problem myself, it was the plastic shield under the motor. Fixed it by putting O rings where the screws go between the plastic shield and the mounting points. I was impressed with BBB quick response (on a weekend) and no hesitancy to offer a return. I was glad to keep the bike.

Go over the entire bike and tighten every bolt and nut. Then try the riser and angled stem to raise the bars.

:)

I checked those, all my other bikes are whisper quiet. I am pretty confident that it is the housing of the motor (seems to be a problem with some Yamaha motors), I will take them out grease and tighten them again.

I will try the riser, I hope the cables are long enough.
Rebel HT #3 (Medium 27.5") arrived today from BBB. Came with larger display and PW motor like my other 2 bikes. I'm actually fine with this as I wanted interchangeable parts between the bikes. Also, if you want to tune the speed limiter it's about half the price vs. the PW-SE:

PW-SE is pricier:

Don't worry about the SE. PW and the SE version are very close.

My friend received his 27.5 with the pw. I took it to a test ride and it rode very nice.I didn't feel a difference with pw and pw-se and the screen of PW is backlit and crisp.

My gravel x had a loud clunking noise from the bottom bracket area. BBB offered to authorize a return, no problem. I found the problem myself, it was the plastic shield under the motor. Fixed it by putting O rings where the screws go between the plastic shield and the mounting points. I was impressed with BBB quick response (on a weekend) and no hesitancy to offer a return. I was glad to keep the bike.

Nice , I had exact the same problem, tightened the two nuts that connect the motor to the frame to 21nm (max was 22) and the loud noises went away but there is still a little noise.

Do you mind posting a picture of where you put the orings ?

Sorry to hear about your recent issue... BBB has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Thanks, if I have to ship it back I expect they'll foot the bill, as well.

I'd prefer to fix it, however. I can do it but need the parts, particularly the electric wiring.

Like I say, it's a PITA no matter what I have to do to deal with it. I've been lucky with my many online ebike acquisitions so far, so I guess I was overdue to experience something like this.

Back