Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

Thanks for the information on the Standover height ... exactly the reverse of what I first thought.

Why though? I'm not surprised that a Medium has a lower standover height than a Large, regardless of wheel size.

Anyone order the Gravel X? On another site someone pointed out that the Gravel is pictured on BBB with the red label PW-SE motor (and PW-X display) which supports 110 RPM cadence. Seems to jive with the differences noted here:

I actually asked a similar question on this thread. On the pictures it is coming with the pw-x display and the red pw-se. May not be a night and day difference but those would be nice to have and make this bike close to wabash. I wish it had hydraulic brakes.

I think @EMGX was one of the first here to buy the Gravel X from Bicycle Blue Book via ebay. Just remembered he had confirmed in a few other threads the bikes were new. Here are some pictures of his Gravel X but no port side views to confirm red label on the motor. I think it's safe to say if it comes with upgraded display (as FlatSix911 seems to have confirmed) it's a PW-SE motor.

I think @EMGX was one of the first here to buy the Gravel X from Bicycle Blue Book via ebay. Just remembered he had confirmed in a few other threads the bikes were new. Here are some pictures of his Gravel X but no port side views to confirm red label on the motor. I think it's safe to say if it comes with upgraded display (as FlatSix911 seems to have confirmed) it's a PW-SE motor.

Ah that confirms it thanks. I believe pw-x display only comes with Pw-x or Se motors.
Seems like a nice roadbike for pleasure.

I picked up EBike number 4 this afternoon at BBB... continuing to feed the addiction N+1! ;)

IMG_3480.jpg

Congrats, looks like a 27.5". Did you order a large for pickup before they sold out or is this one of the last remaining medium? I noticed there are only 2 left now. :)

BTW, I submitted a $100 lower offer on the Gravel X just for grins at $864. I figured it would be too low and didn't want to risk them accepting (they sent me a nastygram after I didn't complete purchase on a Medium 27.5" Rebel Lite they accepted $50 lower offer for, seems they were holding it and consider accepted offers binding). They countered at $870 on the Gravel X. Must... resist!

Last edited:
I purchased the Medium BH 27.5 Lite... I already have the Medium BH 27.5 Rebel Lynx and it fits like a glove.

Congrats on the $870 offer for the Gravel - X! A great deal at 10% off with the PW-X display... you will not be disappointed.

Another nice surprise... my BH 27.5 Rebel Lite was equipped with the PW-SE motor and the PW-X display!
The online photos incorrectly show the standard PW motor and plastic stem mounted PW display and controls.

This is a welcome upgrade... the PW-SE motor supports 110 rpm cadence with Bluetooth and Smartphone connectivity.
The display is far more rugged and compact with additional menus for Cadence, Assist Level, Time and USB connection.

The PW series and PW series SE motors will look the same with the exception of the Yamaha logo color on the case.
The PW will have a white logo and the PW-SE will have a red Yamaha logo. (see photos below)

The main difference is the max cadence supported by each motor. The PW is 100rpm while the PW-SE increases this to 110rpm. The effect of this increase will allow the PW-SE to offer more assistance relative to a higher cadence. This can come in handy when bursts of acceleration/support are needed when the cadence is already high. The support profile of the motors remains identical with 4 levels from +ECO 50%, ECO 100%, STD 190%, High 280%. Peak torque remains 70Nm.

A big difference between the two PW series motors is hidden inside the PW-SE. It includes Bluetooth connectivity with the suggestion that it will be compatible with a compact multi-function meter. It is likely this will be a smartphone app and possibly support the e-Connect functions. The Yamaha 2018 PW series SE motor will also include CAN bus communication protocol already used by Bosch for several years. This can be used to integrate more user and dealer functions and make software updates (potentially over the air via a smartphone app). This is a huge step forward for the Yamaha system which until now has not tweaked the software based on data gathered from its customers. Bosch has been exceptionally responsive with updates based on user data.

In addition to the above differences, the PW series SE will also have two assist level profile variants for OEM manufacturers to choose from. The Black Spec and the Green Spec. The Black Spec will have a livelier feeling with more torque available at a low cadence. The Green Spec will have less assistance at lower speeds (potentially similar to the Bosch Active line assist profile) and is aimed at urban electric bikes. The
Interface Display on the PW-SE will offer the same display and thumb control setup as the PW-x series. (see photo below)

PW series motor and display controls on left. PW-SE motor and display on the right
1582424544889.png

Attachments

• 1582423846820.png
    1582423846820.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
I picked up EBike number 4 this afternoon at BBB... continuing to feed the addiction N+1! ;)

View attachment 46236

I have seen the E-bike market grow from the year 2013 and I have watched it very closely. I spend insane amount of time studying, riding and testing these drive systems and I can say with total confidence that I have never seen a E-bike deal of that nature. To get a Yamaha powered E-bike for $777 is just unheard of!! These drive systems last a LONG time with proper care.

This was possible due to some complex events that led to liquidation of some inventory. Glad you picked up these bikes and I am sure you, your family or friends would enjoy it.

Well, it's now the last call... here is the remaining inventory as of Saturday evening, 2/22/20.
If you are on the fence, the time is now with only (1) 27.5 and (2) 29ers, remaining in stock. ;)

1582426184367.png

I wasn't sure if the 29er medium would fit my wife so I ended up submitting a offer earlier tonight for the 27.5 which was accepted. I noticed once they accepted the offer the inventory went down by one and after I purchased it the inventory did not change. Might be helpful to anyone on the fence with only one remaining. It seems they hold the bike and you're technically obligated to buy If they accept the offer but they don't enforce it other than giving one warning. That said they are not open on Sunday so I doubt an offer is going to go through the approval process before the bikes sell out.

That's awesome that your HT came with the PW-SE. Maybe as they got to the bottom of the stack they got to newer inventory..

I wasn't sure if the 29er medium would fit my wife so I ended up submitting an offer earlier tonight for the 27.5 which was accepted. I noticed once they accepted the offer the inventory went down by one and after I purchased it the inventory did not change. It might be helpful to anyone on the fence with only one remaining. It seems they hold the bike and you're technically obligated to buy If they accept the offer but they don't enforce it other than giving one warning. That said they are not open on Sunday so I doubt an offer is going to go through the approval process before the bikes sell out.

That's awesome that your HT came with the PW-SE. Maybe as they got to the bottom of the stack they got to newer inventory.

Thanks, I would like to hear from other buyers if they also received the upgraded PW-SE motor and display.
Perhaps they used old stock photos and their inventory was mislabeled? It would certainly be a welcome upgrade.

For sure I did not get the PW-SE or smaller display on the two bikes I ordered. I recall when they first put the bikes back up there was a 27.5 in a medium listed separately with quantity one. Did you order it a few days ago and just pick it up? Maybe that explains the mystery. Check the pictures of the one you ordered. The listing should show up in your account.

I have seen the E-bike market grow from the year 2013 and I have watched it very closely. I spend insane amount of time studying, riding and testing these drive systems and I can say with total confidence that I have never seen a E-bike deal of that nature. To get a Yamaha powered E-bike for $777 is just unheard of!! These drive systems last a LONG time with proper care.

This was possible due to some complex events that led to liquidation of some inventory. Glad you picked up these bikes and I am sure you, your family or friends would enjoy it.

What is the proper care needed for a yamaha drive? I have read the manual for the pw-x and there was no mention of routine or periodic maintenance needed on the motor.

For sure I did not get the PW-SE or smaller display on the two bikes I ordered. I recall when they first put the bikes back up there was a 27.5 in a medium listed separately with quantity one. Did you order it a few days ago and just pick it up? Maybe that explains the mystery. Check the pictures of the one you ordered. The listing should show up in your account.

Interestingly, I checked the listing in my account and it shows the old display and control panel... not the upgraded PW-SE.
I also saw the single separate Medium listing but did not bid on it... I bid on the listing with 12 bikes in inventory on 2/18/20.

1582430710293.png
1582430735806.png

Last edited:
I suppose another possibility is they gave you one of the displays for the Gravel X by mistake, but sounds like you also have a red label motor. The only sensible explanation is good Karma for posting the deal, haha.

One thing that freaked me out when I unboxed mine is they throw in a battery box but it's empty. I hyperventilated a little before I was able to unwrap the bike to see the battery was on the frame. Was your bike in box when you picked it up?

I suppose another possibility is they gave you one of the displays for the Gravel X by mistake, but sounds like you also have a red label motor. The only sensible explanation is good Karma for posting the deal, haha.

One thing that freaked me out when I unboxed mine is they throw in a battery box but it's empty. I hyperventilated a little before I was able to unwrap the bike to see the battery was on the frame. Was your bike in box when you picked it up?
I was recently told by someone who ships a lot of ebikes that, if the battery's mounted on the bike, there's a lot fewer Hazmat requirements to ship it.

But if you ship it solo or off the bike, it needs to be packed in a special way by a certified shipper with lots of paperwork involved - maybe that box meets large lithium ion packing requirements> If so, keep it in case you ever need to ship your battery separately.

Back