Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

I wasn't sure if the 29er medium would fit my wife so I ended up submitting a offer earlier tonight for the 27.5 which was accepted. I noticed once they accepted the offer the inventory went down by one and after I purchased it the inventory did not change. Might be helpful to anyone on the fence with only one remaining. It seems they hold the bike and you're technically obligated to buy If they accept the offer but they don't enforce it other than giving one warning. That said they are not open on Sunday so I doubt an offer is going to go through the approval process before the bikes sell out.

That's awesome that your HT came with the PW-SE. Maybe as they got to the bottom of the stack they got to newer inventory..

A friend also gave the order tonight and after he made the purchase I guess he got the last 27.5er.

I suppose another possibility is they gave you one of the displays for the Gravel X by mistake but it sounds like you also have a red label motor.

The only sensible explanation is good Karma for posting the deal, haha.

One thing that freaked me out when I unboxed mine is they throw in a battery box but it's empty.

I hyperventilated a little before I was able to unwrap the bike to see the battery was on the frame. Was your bike in box when you picked it up?

Thanks for the good Karma... I'll stop questioning the universe and go with that! ;)

My bike was new-in-box... I just removed it from the large shipping box before loading it into my car.
It came with 3 smaller boxes... the Battery, Charger, and Accessories (pedals, front QR, light harness, and manuals)

The bike was very well packed and it took more time to remove the protective materials than the assembly of the bike.
I have already changed the Stem, Saddle, and Bars to suit my personal preferences... more mods to follow after the first ride.

IMG_3481.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_3484.jpg
    IMG_3484.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3485.jpg
    IMG_3485.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_3480.jpg
    IMG_3480.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
What is the proper care needed for a yamaha drive? I have read the manual for the pw-x and there was no mention of routine or periodic maintenance needed on the motor.

While the motor itself doesn't need any maintenance.
However, there are key preventive maintenance one could do:

1. Do not expose the motor to extreme cold (-25'F or so) for long periods. This could be hard on the seals and bearings. Frozen water expands and can cause all kinds of problems.

2. Do not expose the internals to salt water or muddy water. salt water can corrode sensitive circuitry of motor controller.

3. Once a year, check on the crank arms, clean dirt and grime and grease any joints.

4. Running the motor unlocked at high speeds with heavy load. I have seen some folks push these motors to run at 40 mph!!

These motors are pretty happy < 30mph and with good care, you could expect several thousands of miles.

While the motor itself doesn't need any maintenance.
However, there are key preventive maintenance one could do:

1. Do not expose the motor to extreme cold (-25'F or so) for long periods. This could be hard on the seals and bearings. Frozen water expands and can cause all kinds of problems.

2. Do not expose the internals to salt water or muddy water. salt water can corrode sensitive circuitry of motor controller.

3. Once a year, check on the crank arms, clean dirt and grime and grease any joints.

4. Running the motor unlocked at high speeds with heavy load. I have seen some folks push these motors to run at 40 mph!!

These motors are pretty happy < 30mph and with good care, you could expect several thousands of miles.

Very good, thank you.

Is it safe to use a garden hose on a light spray to wash down the bike?

What I have been doing is removing the battery, wrapping the battery terminal in kitchen cling wrap, and then hosing down the bike. I hope that won't damage anything?

What do you think about spraying corrosion defense on the battery terminals? Muc-Off makes a product, but I haven't yet tried it:

Hey @FlatSix911 are you aware that you have single handedly created the largest thread of eBike owners with a Yamaha motor anywhere on the internet?

To everybody on this thread, I hope we can keep this going and share our Yamaha experiences, even once the last of these BBB bikes sell out. This is very unusual for so many yamaha owners to be in the same forum post. Probably lots we can learn from each other here.

Very good, thank you.

Is it safe to use a garden hose on a light spray to wash down the bike?

What I have been doing is removing the battery, wrapping the battery terminal in kitchen cling wrap, and then hosing down the bike. I hope that won't damage anything?

What do you think about spraying corrosion defense on the battery terminals? Muc-Off makes a product, but I haven't yet tried it:

Hardcore eMTB riders do use powered spray wash for cleaning but if you are not doing mountain biking, cleaning sponge and bucket water could suffice.

Here is a video that you might have already watched. They do use spray wash but the bike is quite dirty. I don't do such mountain biking and cleaning sponge/water has worked well for me. The key is to wipe down the frame and clean any opening/joints where dirt could accumulate.

My cleaning supplies include a small spray bottle for clean water, cleaning sponge, simple green degreaser to remove any oil/dirt from the surface, cleaning cloth.
I also use Park tools drive train cleaning supplies.

1582489586482.png

1582489692777.png

Attachments

• 1582489533032.png
    1582489533032.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 315
Very good, thank you.

I have heard good things about muc-off but I have not used any corrosion defense spray. It could be a good idea if you ride in wet conditions regularly.

Dielectric grease on the terminals also could prevent corrosion and it's really cheap (3M dielectric grease).

Hey @FlatSix911 are you aware that you have single handedly created the largest thread of eBike owners with a Yamaha motor anywhere on the internet?

To everybody on this thread, I hope we can keep this going and share our Yamaha experiences, even once the last of these BBB bikes sell out. This is very unusual for so many yamaha owners to be in the same forum post. Probably lots we can learn from each other here.
I have at least 1500 trouble-free miles (mostly trail) on Yamaha PW powered bicycles:
  • 600+ on a 2016 Haibike Allmtn Plus that's still going strong at 1500 miles with the guy I sold it to.
  • 900+ on a 2017 Haibike Hardnine 4.0 that I scored for $1100 shipped as part of a package deal. This one's my round-town machine, though it does have studs on it right now for riding icy trails.
That's why these BH bikes for well under a grand were absolute no-brainers for me to hook friends up with, or maybe sell for a little profit in the future. I have a couple more coming this week, including my first gravel ebike! Too bad it's a medium though, I'm 6 ft 3.

I know that the PW-X display only comes with the PW-SE and the PW-X, but does anyone know if I can swap it onto a PW equipped bike?

I have at least 1500 trouble-free miles (mostly trail) on Yamaha PW powered bicycles:
  • 600+ on a 2016 Haibike Allmtn Plus that's still going strong at 1500 miles with the guy I sold it to.
  • 900+ on a 2017 Haibike Hardnine 4.0 that I scored for $1100 shipped as part of a package deal. This one's my round-town machine, though it does have studs on it right now for riding icy trails.
That's why these BH bikes for well under a grand were absolute no-brainers for me to hook friends up with, or maybe sell for a little profit in the future. I have a couple more coming this week, including my first gravel ebike! Too bad it's a medium though, I'm 6 ft 3.

I know that the PW-X display only comes with the PW-SE and the PW-X, but does anyone know if I can swap it onto a PW equipped bike?

I am also waiting to see how the gravel will fit since it is only medium. My inseam is around 34" and large in haibike fits me.

Hoping that medium frame is not too small.

It's really hard to find geometry specs on the Gravel X. Court's review indicates 21" reach but that would be 533mm which makes no sense. I think it's a non-standard measurement. If anything it's going to be a more comfortable less aggressive ride for taller folks.

I wonder how many miles one can get out of a yamaha pwx motor? I've only had mine a month ( in winter) and I'm over 300 miles. Going to go up rapidly come spring.

Have one confirmed report (per @EMGX) of the Gravel X coming with PW-X display but gray label (PW) motor. Seems it might be a crapshoot whether it comes with PW-SE or PW.

Have one confirmed report (per @EMGX) of the Gravel X coming with PW-X display but gray label (PW) motor. Seems it might be a crapshoot whether it comes with PW-SE or PW.

Yamaha's own bikes like Wabash also use SE and the motor has the metallic label rather then the red one. Did he check the model ?

Hi,

Honestly I don't really care if it is a basic PW or the SE because it works for me. For fun I tried pedaling as fast as I reasonably could with the motor off and only briefly touched 117 rpm per the cadence display. Normally I'm 90 or usually less. The letters are a silver grey, if that matters. I like the bike a lot and have ridden it several times in hilly terrain with and without carrying the battery. The brakes are a bit of a disappointment compared to a mountain bike with hydraulic disc brakes that I have but they are adequate.

I did change the cassette to a 11-34 for better bill climbing with the motor off and put an adjustable stem on to bring the handlebars up and back a bit so I am more upright.

Hardcore eMTB riders do use powered spray wash for cleaning but if you are not doing mountain biking, cleaning sponge and bucket water could suffice.

Here is a video that you might have already watched. They do use spray wash but the bike is quite dirty. I don't do such mountain biking and cleaning sponge/water has worked well for me. The key is to wipe down the frame and clean any opening/joints where dirt could accumulate.

My cleaning supplies include a small spray bottle for clean water, cleaning sponge, simple green degreaser to remove any oil/dirt from the surface, cleaning cloth.
I also use Park tools drive train cleaning supplies.

View attachment 46285

View attachment 46286

Thanks for the video - one thing I learned is that the eBike should always be dried off after washing. I have not done this before, I just let it dry inside. At 4:45, he suggests using a leaf blower to speed up the drying process. What do we think about this option for a leaf blower? It is compact, and blows at 81 miles per hour, which is the slowest that I could find. I am not sure if this is a good option, or it is too high a speed and would blow debris into the motor system area:

I am also waiting to see how the gravel will fit since it is only medium. My inseam is around 34" and large in haibike fits me.

Hoping that medium frame is not too small.

It's really hard to find geometry specs on the Gravel X. Court's review indicates 21" reach but that would be 533mm which makes no sense.

I think it's a non-standard measurement. If anything it's going to be a more comfortable less aggressive ride for taller folks.

Here is a summary chart of the Geometry specifications for the BH Rebel line including the Gravel-X... hope this helps.

1582511558963.png

Hi,

Honestly I don't really care if it is a basic PW or the SE because it works for me. For fun I tried pedaling as fast as I reasonably could with the motor off and only briefly touched 117 rpm per the cadence display. Normally I'm 90 or usually less. The letters are a silver grey, if that matters. I like the bike a lot and have ridden it several times in hilly terrain with and without carrying the battery. The brakes are a bit of a disappointment compared to a mountain bike with hydraulic disc brakes that I have but they are adequate.

I guess they are using silver covers too. Also I don't think SE brings much over Pw what I like is the pw-x display because it is rugged and small. When I tried pw back then the display was the only thing I didn't like much. On the other hand I really liked how smooth and unintrusive it was (at lower assist levels)

Btw. I have a similar riding style, I don't usually go above 90 and prefer to stay around 80 how do you compare acceleration with a mtb equipped with pw. How is the battery life? Is it stable on higher speeds? I also wish it had hydraulic brakes, are the mechanical brakes have good stopping power downhill?

I am planning to ride it purely for enjoyment, on low or off as much as possible and hoping that this will be a nice weekender.

I guess they are using silver covers too. Also I don't think SE brings much over Pw what I like is the pw-x display because it is rugged and small. When I tried pw back then the display was the only thing I didn't like much. On the other hand I really liked how smooth and unintrusive it was (at lower assist levels)

Btw. I have a similar riding style, I don't usually go above 90 and prefer to stay around 80 how do you compare acceleration with a mtb equipped with pw. How is the battery life? Is it stable on higher speeds? I also wish it had hydraulic brakes, are the mechanical brakes have good stopping power downhill?

I am planning to ride it purely for enjoyment, on low or off as much as possible and hoping that this will be a nice weekender.
The mountain bike I have is pedal power only so I can't make any comparisons but to me the acceleration assist is smooth and strong. The longest ride I've done was 46 miles with over 3000 ft elevation gain which took the battery from ~90% to ~30% which seems good. I've only used the high setting for a few short periods mostly to check it out. Mostly I use the lowest settings (or off) reserving the standard setting for the steepest. Brakes are adequate downhill but nothing like the hydraulics on my other bike which are awesome. The trade off is that I found bleeding the hydraulics was a pain when I had to. The display indicates that my max speed has been 37 mph, I never felt the bike unstable. To me it handles well and I like the schwalbe tires.

Back