Overstock on BH Easymotion Bikes over 50% off on some models

Yeah, it wasn't too bad. Worst part was figuring out how to attach the front brake.

I still have to attach the display. Anybody know what these rubber parts are?
Those are the display bracket spacers to accommodate different handle bar thickness.

I think Lennys ships the bikes like that, pretty much fully assembled.

I am wondering what needs to be done for my bicyclebluebook delivery next week. I can do these basic things, but anything more and I will probably need to bring to the LBS for assembly.

For those that got from BBB, what assembly is needed?
Ah yes, sorry. Lenny's does do most of the assembly.

Yeah, it wasn't too bad. Worst part was figuring out how to attach the front brake.

I still have to attach the display. Anybody know what these rubber parts are?

The rubber spacers are for display as @BillH pointed out and the space cable is for connecting front lights to the controller so you can run them directly from the battery.

Yamaha batteries go into deep sleep mode and if you put them on the charger for 4-5 hrs they should be fully charged.

Take a glass half full perspective and pick up a spare. Then you have a spare battery, charger, motor, rims, tires, tubes, brakes, chain, cassette, display, etc. or just an extra bike to ride if you want to bring a friend or need to wait for warranty service on the first one you bought. :)

Edit: I didn't see you actually got the full suspension. That is a killer deal for what you paid. Congrats!

Last edited:
It's hard to get a handle on remaining stock at Bicycle Blue Book since they are also sold on ebay (which is not reflected in stock until the next day). After adjusting for ebay this seems to be the remaining stock:

Rebel 27.5": Large (1 available), Medium (10 available)
Rebel 29": Medium (5 available)
Gravel X: 12 available

I think the Gravel may be a tougher sell with the assist falling off at 100 RPM cadence on these PW motors.

Do you know if the pictures on their website are accurate in terms of components? The Gravel on the pictures have the lcd-x display which I would prefer on a gravel bike.

No idea on the gravel as I did not order one. But I got pedals on my 2 bikes even though they said it didn't come with them. I have a picture of the display above but not sure what kind it is.

No idea on the gravel as I did not order one. But I got pedals on my 2 bikes even though they said it didn't come with them. I have a picture of the display above but not sure what kind it is.
Thanks , yours is the classic lcd display. But that is in line with their pictures on BBB website. Gravel X on the other hand seems to come with the smaller lcd-x display.

On a side note, I like Yamaha displays, they give more information than the older bosch displays(intuvia, purion).

I am pretty sure these all came straight from BH warehouse, probably bought by BBB at auction, so however BH was equipping them that's how they will come.

Do you know if the pictures on their website are accurate in terms of components? The Gravel on the pictures have the lcd-x display which I would prefer on a gravel bike.

The photos are accurate on the BBB website... the Gravel bike comes with the upgraded PW-X display. ;)

Here is the current BBB inventory listed as of Thursday evening, 2/20/20... this may not account for eBay sales.

1582263838297.png

If anyone is curious about the sizing of the 29er bike here is a unscientific photo comparison. The blue 29er is a medium and the orange 27.5" is a large. I swapped the order of the bikes in the two pictures to eliminate some of the optical illusions of having one in front of the other.

I raised the seat post on both bikes to have the same height from the crank. The only real difference in riding position is the reach is about 1.25" shorter on the medium 29er. Otherwise the handlebars are the same height relative to the seat.

I still haven't had a chance to ride either bike but I think I may end up preferring the medium 29er as I prefer a more upright position and the handlebars aren't any lower relative to the seat. The 29er also has about two more inches of stand over clearance.

Edit: Just weighed the bikes. They are both just over 48 lbs with battery and pedals.

Attachments

• IMG_20200220_234154.jpg
    IMG_20200220_234154.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_20200220_233849.jpg
    IMG_20200220_233849.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
I did get full suspension for $1500 out the door from Lenny.
It arrived yesterday and I did a quick unboxing to get the battery off.

With just the little time I spent pulling it out of the box in the cold garage, I was impressed with finish and looks. Now just have to see how it rides!

I'm happy.

UPS driver just dropped off two boxes. Required signature and had to chase him down as he was driving away, lol. Boxes were in excellent condition and the bike shows no damage. Definitely new in box with factory packaging. Contrary to the description at bicyclebluebook it does come with some cheap pedals.

View attachment 46096 View attachment 46095

Off to assemble it and charge the batteries to hopefully get a ride in tonight.

View attachment 46094

Edit: not so thrilled to see the empty battery light blinking when I plugged in the charger. Hopefully that is normal when they put these batteries into deep sleep. Doesn't look like I'll be getting a ride in before tomorrow.

.View attachment 46097
I believe that the batteries come empty from the factory, at least mine did and it sounds like yours did too.

I charged it for about 5 hours to 100% w/no problems. Rode it for 10 hilly trail miles in the cold, got it down to 55% where it may stay for awhile.

If anyone is curious about the sizing of the 29er bike here is a unscientific photo comparison. The blue 29er is a medium and the orange 27.5" is a large. I swapped the order of the bikes in the two pictures to eliminate some of the optical illusions of having one in front of the other.

I raised the seat post on both bikes to have the same height from the crank. The only real difference in riding position is the reach is about 1.25" shorter on the medium 29er. Otherwise the handlebars are the same height relative to the seat.

I still haven't had a chance to ride either bike but I think I may end up preferring the medium 29er as I prefer a more upright position and the handlebars aren't any lower relative to the seat. The 29er also has about two more inches of stand over clearance.

Edit: Just weighed the bikes. They are both just over 48 lbs with battery and pedals.

Great photo comparison of the reach and stack on both bikes. Thanks for sharing.

I was really surprised to see the lower Standover height on the 29er... can you measure both bikes from the floor to the lowest point on the top tube?

Last edited:
Just took the bikes out on a ride around the neighborhood. I could probably make the Medium 29er work for me but the seat post was at max extension and the reach did feel an little short. I preferred the ride of the 29" tires and the blue color, but I'll probably stick with the original plan of the Large 27.5" for me and the 29er for wife / friends to tag along.

Other impressions:
Brakes: on the squishy side, a bit underwhelmed but perhaps they need to break in
Motor resistance: minimal, could easily ride these bikes without power on flats
100 RPM cadence limit: didn't notice it a all (probably more an issue for road bikes)
Speed cutoff: The 20mph cutoff seems to fade in gradually (not that I'll be riding this as a commuter)
Motor noise: pretty quiet, not whisper quiet like my BBS01 but no complaints
Seat: not soft, but my backside didn't complain while riding
Torque sensing: initially felt a bit too responsive but liked it better as I rode
Gear mashing: I found it a challenge at times to shift without mashing the gears. My BBS01 has brake sensors which makes it easier to cut power when shifting. Probably just need to get used to the torque sensing.
Motor power: Adequate. Rode in medium and high most of the time. Seems to have about the same power as my BBS01.
Battery: Rode up a 600' hill on my way home in medium to high assist pedaling reasonably hard (albeit out of shape). Battery went from 95% to 78%. Not bad compared to my 54 year old ticker which was spent!
Overall: You can probably find a more capable eMTB if you spend 2-3x the money, but no hesitation recommending these at the $777 price point.

Back